/éire/

9 edition

Hilo latino

Dishonourabru dispray.

>touhou
Wonder who could be behind this thread...

>Shogun 2
What a game

Why choose Cirno when you already have an Irish Youkai with Sekibanki?

I heard ZUN finally released a touhou game on steam but refused to allow translations for any part of it including descriptions to make it as difficult as possible for foreigners to play.

Better start learning Japanese then

Solid casual barrier right there.

Presume you're learning it already if you're going to be going there?

That's not how you make money

bit by bit but yeah I'm learning.
It's fun desu as it's not like any other language I know

Should only the socially competent be allowed to pass on their genes?

>Sekibanki
What makes her Irish exactly?

15.5 and 16 are getting Steam releases but they already have English patches so it doesn't matter

ZUN only cares about the Japanese market. He doesn't mind people outside of Japan pirating it and translating it

It's sort of the natural way of things already that the socially incompetent fail to find a mate to pass on their genes.

Devs confirmed she'll have voice clips in "Gaelic" so there's something to look forward to

I initially thought she was changing their nappies or something in that clip.

>dublin person speaking gaelic
Tiocfaidh ár lá?

>yanks still call the language Gaelic instead of Irish

I kind of prefer Gaelic. Is it incorrect?

Gaelic is a family of Celtic languages rather than one specific language.

They almost got there. The VA is actually Irish at least so there shouldn't be any leprechaunisms. The bit I heard of her voice sounded like an actual Irish person which would probably explain why the American audience were initially confused as to her origin.

I prefer calling it Irish as it makes it sound much more integral to our identity.

No one watching the FAI final? West brits and east yanks everywhere.

Could be funny if she pulled a Bulmers(or whatever drink it was) ad on it.
>Tá geansaí agam
>Bhí madra sa spéir

I've convinced that being a soccer fan must be genetic considering how Irish soccer fans look exactly like their British counterparts.

>calling people west brits for not watching soccer

>No one watching the FAI final?
I am
West brits and east yanks everywhere.
Where?

I don't really follow the League of Ireland, my local team is fairly average and the quality of games seem really poor from what I've seen.

What is this West Brits meme?

I remember the ad you're talking about but can't recall what it was for either.

Irish and British look similar anyway because of the migration between the two over the years. Maybe in East Anglia you might have a few more blonde people but that's it

>West Brit, is a derogatory term for an Irish person who is perceived as being too anglophilic in matters of culture or politics.

Generally it applies to those from Dublin or the surrounding areas who tend to embrace British culture and sometimes see their country as being de facto British.

Carlsberg I think

>West Brits
Someone that may on paper appear Irish but exhibits many elements of British culture such as an interest in soccer, adhering to a Protestant religion, wishing Ireland was a part of the British Commonwealth or thinking that Ireland was wrong to pursue independence.
Plenty of West Brits in parts of south Dublin for example.

>meme
It's a fact
West Brits is a term used for people living in Ireland but who behave very un-irish aka "west british"

But it's particularly prevalent among soccer fans. The composition of the crowd at a LOI soccer match is almost identical to that of a Premier league match.

>adhering to a Protestant religion
#NotAllProtestants

Thankds lads

>minuscule pic
You've been given your fair share of warnings about this.

It might be like someone in the east of France saying how glorious Germany is and how parts of France should join Germany and adopt German customs.
>image size
Please stop this meme.

Is there a similar concept in Luxembourg? Like people that view themselves as more French than Luxembourgish for example? Or is it only Neo-Nazis that have unrealistic ideas for a fourth reich?

But the Premier League crowds are full of tourists. League of Ireland fans are actually local

>saving thumbnails

I don't get it when I open the image it looks great but when I post it, it's shit
>Don't bully guys I'm trying my best

>The composition of the crowd at a LOI soccer match is almost identical to that of a Premier league match.
Working class single men?

I don't think you should draw comparison to them being west brits since most of those who support their local team do not follow a British side as they don't buy into the Irish connection in them.
The problem people are those who view Celtic, Liverpool and Man Utd as teams with an Irish connection and associate with them as their local team despite being from another country.

>Don't bully guys I'm trying my best
I'm starting to doubt that. I don't even know how it's possible to download images that small.

>I don't think you should draw comparison to them being west brits since most of those who support their local team do not follow a British side as they don't buy into the Irish connection in them.
Still supporting soccer over their native football.

Are you making the mistake of not expanding the image before saving it? If you have an 's' at the end of the filename then you've saved a thumbnail.

>I'm starting to doubt that. I don't even know how it's possible to download images that small.
IDK myself
I do expand them

>Let's try with this one

>Is there a similar concept in Luxembourg
It's a bit of a different story here, we are a much smaller country so feeling attached to a different country can sometimes happen, and I believe everyone has a certain "favourite neighbour" though usually all Luxembourgers are united in our combined hate against Walloons, French and Germans
> I don't even know how it's possible to download images that small.
You download the Sup Forums thumbnail without clicking on the image first

>Still supporting soccer over their native football
Bear in mind that the vast majority of counties are absolutely shite at one or both gaelic games.
If you're living in Dundalk or Sligo for example are you really going to support no hopers in Gaelic or the soccer team which is actually capable of being successful?

Also many people support multiple sports, not like you have to choose one over the other very often.

>Still supporting soccer over their native football.
You can't follow both? Nice NAND mindset. Besides football/soccer is the biggest sport worldwide and is no longer merely British culture. People who speak English ahead of Irish are also West Brits I take it

Who do you support in soccer out of interest

>If you're living in Dundalk or Sligo for example are you really going to support no hopers in Gaelic or the soccer team which is actually capable of being successful?
I'd support the sport worth watching. Supporting your county has nothing to do with how good they are, it's about local pride.

A Dullahan is an Irish form of Youkai.

It's kinda unspecific since Scottish is Gaelic as well. It would be like simply calling the Polish language 'Slavic'.

>You download the Sup Forums thumbnail without clicking on the image first
He's not getting his images here though.

Dundalk. I do watch the Gaelic Football and Hurling Championships in the summer, and the 6 Nations too for what it's worth

>football/soccer is the biggest sport worldwide
Who cares if it's shit? Being popular =/= being good.

Some are.

I want to fuck a guy who's wearing women's clothing. No Tumblr shite about "gender identity", it's just a fetish.

>I believe everyone has a certain "favourite neighbour" though usually all Luxembourgers are united in our combined hate against Walloons, French and Germans
Why does everyone hate us?
I do get some of my images here

>I'm seriously freaking out about every image now. I'll probably have some nightmares about it

>Who cares if it's shit?
I think it's good. It has good versatility in tactics, allows more room to differentiate yourself with skill, physicality isn't as important as in other sports and has a good fan culture for the most part

>and has a good fan culture for the most part
I too enjoy the company of knackers and West Brits.

>Supporting your county has nothing to do with how good they are
I don't think thats true however much it'd be nice if it were. Success brings people on board, everyone wants to follow a team that has a chance of tasting success.

>good versatility in tactics
>allows more room to differentiate yourself with skill
But all of those are pointless if you go 90 minutes nil all. It doesn't matter how good a tackle was or the strength of that kick if your team can barely salvage a win.

College lad....?

So you'd support Dublin and Kilkenny in the football and hurling respectively even if you had no connection to either county?

what's your favourite hymn?

cыpнo!

no
whatever gave you that idea?

>Why does everyone hate us?
The French more than most other people live in their microcosmos where everyone has to adapt to the French but the French have to adapt to no one.
What hymns are we talking about?
>even if you had no connection to either county?
Don't have any connection to Limerick either but I still support them as much as I can

1 - 0 boys

Don't you like flares, drums and chanting?

Draws can be exciting too. Also if you only care about the result then just watch knockout tournaments

>"""Gaelic""" Football
>dominated by a West Brit county

Stop stealing my meme.

>Don't have any connection to Limerick either but I still support them as much as I can
You befriended someone from Limerick before though right? That's enough of a connection if you don't have an attachment to any other county. Obviously I support my county above all but if they weren't playing I'd with a county a relative lives in or I had a nice holiday to.

>Don't you like flares, drums and chanting?
No, that's why I don't go to Hill 16 when I'm at Croke Park.

>Draws can be exciting too
The only way a draw could be remotely exciting is if one team was some top tier elites and they failed to beat a literally who team.

>You befriended someone from Limerick before though right?
No, that's one of those made-up /éire/ tales, I know someone from Dublin but that's it

>By the 1860s, of all the Roman Catholic seminaries, only St Jarlath's in Tuam was teaching in Irish. The Roman Catholic Church had, at that time, desired to "stamp out any lingering, semi-pagan remnants", which included Gaelic language
Wow I love this foreign religion thing.

>that's one of those made-up /éire/ tales
Then do you have an actual reason for liking it?

good protestant hymns

Don't worry lux, I'll fill you in on all the cultural nuances of Limerick life.

How would things go if they were forcing Latin? We could be like the Romania of the west with our butchered Latin language.

No, what I'm saying is anyone from a given area has a high chance of supporting whatever sport that area is the best and most successful at.

>No, that's one of those made-up /éire/ tales
Lux, you definitely mentioned befriending the lad from Limerick before.

>if they were forcing Latin
Would certainly be very interesting. How similar are Latin and modern day Italian?

Not as far as "actual reasons" go
We'll see next year
That was an answer to the questions people used to ask me why I'm here, where my answer usually was "I like the Irish", the Limerick friend tale came from an Irishman, though I don't know who it was
Fairly similar as far as most words go, but verbs, declinations and adjectives have changed a lot

>where my answer usually was "I like the Irish", the Limerick friend tale came from an Irishman, though I don't know who it was
I'm 99% sure that story came from you.

>cannot beat Suguri's second campaign mission on easy
I guess it's suicide then.

don't kill yourself mate. How will you watch anime if you do?

>OJ SP
You must really like that game?

I'm really bored today.

>How will you watch anime if you do?
Why watch if you can live in an anime in heaven?

>really bored today
At least you'll be busy again come tomorrow, I suppose. You must be delighted.

Difficulty doesn't really matter since so much of it is luck based. I beat Marc's campaign on normal.
Also no one is allowed kill themselves before me.

Looking at these PUBG sales and daily players stats. All a bit crazy really.
Who knew us Irish were good at making addictive games.

At least some Irish developers are enjoying success

I wonder what he's up to these days?

Finally beat it.

I'm wasting my life.

What anime are we talking about though?
>Looking at these PUBG sales and daily players stats. All a bit crazy really.
>Who knew us Irish were good at making addictive games.
I didn't know the dev were Irish. From what I heard though the game is really badly optimised and the servers are shit

don't save thumbnails of the meido ever again kudasai