Now that the dust has settled... was this a good movie? And yes, I am specifically talking about the Ultimate Edition

Now that the dust has settled... was this a good movie? And yes, I am specifically talking about the Ultimate Edition.

It's a great movie, not even taking "capeshit" into consideration. It's just a really good film. By "capeshit" standards, it's an absolute masterpiece.

Care to explain what exactly you like so much about it? Genuinely want to know. I didn't like it very much when I first saw it but in retrospect I kinda wonder if I should give it another chance.

Don't. It's stupid in the worst way: the type of stupid that tries to look like smart. It's a dizzying cavalcade of poor creative decisions. Just don't waste your time.

No. It wasn't.

its pretty good desu

It was the pinnacle of kino. A true masterpiece

I like that it doesn't spell everything out for you and that the principal characters are all wrestling with their own demons without monologue-ing those issues they're confronting to some other character, or worse, having some *other* character tell them what they're struggling with for the audience's "convenience." The interactions feel real, the characters don't feel plot-driven, and the villain just lies and lies and lies.

It's also accomplishing its world-building in some subtle ways, and no, I'm not talking about the character reveals. That's not world-building - that's just introducing characters. I'm talking about how they're slowly revealing that the world they inhabit isn't ours and never was. The way they're doing it is essentially meta-commentary on what comics are and what role they fill in modern society,

They even managed to repurpose Superman's death arc into a pivotal and meaningful event. It's the moment where a "realistic" Nolan-esque world starts to reveal that it really was a comic book world with its lore and "magic" asleep.

It's both brilliant and beautiful.

Pretty much the most important film that mankind has ever created.

>I like that it doesn't spell everything out for you

that I actually agree. I really liked how it was never explicitly stated that, for example, Robin was murdered which was what made Batman abandon his principles.

I was actually a bit frustrated that Suicide Squad spelled it out. But unlike Batman v Superman I have no doubts that Suicide Squad is generally a genuinely bad movie.

It was p good desu. Definitely best capeshit of 2016

The problem with a movie or book like this where so much is left up to interpretation you can never differentiate symbolism that was placed into the film intentionally or if youre basically staring at something until you notice a pattern and when you praise the author or director or whatever they can just say "yup i was going for that all along" or wink at the camera and say "well its up to the reader"

The other day there was a post where an user asked people why bruce wayne made a spear instead of bullets

Rather than there being symbolism intentionally written in with the spear, it was likely just chosen randomly or because its cool for the action sequence

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the Squad, either. Even it had its moments, though.

Once again - world-building. Think about what the Enchantress was really trying to do. If you'd like to think it over before I say more, think about this exchange:

Incubus: "They worshiped us."
Enchantress: "Now they worship machines, so I will build a machine to destroy them all."

What is "them" referring to?

Not only a great movie, it's a real pleb filter.

Right, but I'm one of the guys who loves that. I'm also one of the people that happens to believe the choice of making a spear was Bruce unconsciously sabotaging himself, by forcing the "man" to rein in the "bat."

They is referring to humans and to imply otherwise is reaching quite a bit

It's the greatest superhero film of our time and possibly of all times.

>them

I'd assume humanity. Am I missing something?

As soon as her machine comes online, she's shown destroying satellites, radar installations, and battleships. She was taking our new "god" away from us - technology.

She and her brother are leftover relics of the Ancient War - sentient Apokoliptan weapons. As a footnote, the modern incarnation of the Suicide Squad actually took place in a miniseries called "Legends," and the first thing they fought there? A sentient Apokoliptan weapon. Look at what he's saying in pic related and tell me it's a reach.

Worship and god-making is going to play a role in how things develop. Amazingly, that stretches all the way back to the first scenes in MoS.

(((them)))

I hope you people enjoyed this because it's going to be the last of its kind. The Marvel PR won. Critics are pushing for the dumbing down of the genre.

One of the major issues I didnt quite grasp was why Lex decided to unleash doomsday instead of just telling superman to go fuck himself

There was no evidence that Lex was a criminal except maybe that bullet louise lane had but then there was no evidence that she got it from that village

How was there even any evidence that doomsday wasnt just some monster slumbering on the ship that Lex awakened by mistake?

No evidence that Lex bombed the court either and by the end of the movie im not sure batman or superman know it was him either

Would he be jailed for kidnapping supermans mom maybe? Who attests to this? Some old woman from a random town claims she was kidnapped by these guys and then how do they prove that?

Finally even if we assume that they get evidence and maybe im wrong and there were better reasons then why didnt Lex blow Batman or Supermans identity if he hates them so much

I dont recall if anyone knows its him at the end of the movie since he dies and they bury him but bruce wayne isnt outed?

No and I love sucking DCs dick.

As someone who unironically thinks BvS is a masterpiece, can we not pretend every DC movie is a misunderstood work of art?
Snyder's film's have been kino, but a few lines of world building won't negate how shitty the rest of Squad's dialogue was. SS was bad for the same reasons Catwoman and Schumacher's Batman films were shit, Ayer should be ashamed for letting WB cuck him as hard as they did.

>One of the major issues I didnt quite grasp was why Lex decided to unleash doomsday instead of just telling superman to go fuck himself
He was losing it. He wanted to prove his point. And since Superman proved himself all-good, he became desperate and sought to atleast prove him as non all-powerful. He didn't unleash Doomsday to defend himself. He unleashed Doomsday for the sole purpose of destroying Superman.

I guess that makes sense. I guess I'd appreciate these things more if I was more familiar with the comics.

But generally I just don't think Suicide Squad is a very good movie. Actually, in many ways I feel like it's a textbook example for how to make a bad action movie. Not for its story or subtext, just for many aspect of its basic writing and craftsmanship.

It was better than all recent marvel flicks. I say this unironically. Batfleck is the best Batman on screen. Gal Gadot is a cancerous whore, lex was okay and could've been better. Clark could've been developed more. Overall solid 8/10.

Few people here defend SS. I have atleast never seen anyone bother defending it. Most of us are really just in it for Snyder's films.

fucking LIAR

But superman didnt prove shit he fought with batman to the death and lost, batman just spared him

Another thing, does nobody who praises this movie as a masterpiece remember the scene where louis lane tosses the spear in the water? Why the water? Thats not a great hiding spot for a superman killing weapon and then how did she know it would be useful? Why would she try and get it from underwater and what purpose did it serve for her to nearly drown doing so, just to have superman save her?

The entire doomsday fight felt so clunky and for fucks sake wonder woman probably could have killed the thing with enough time, she was taking no damage and cutting him up pretty good

Stop leaking shit all over the place Marvel Pajeet. Your post is barely cohesive. Like I said, Superman proved himself all-good and now Lex wanted to disprove him as all-powerful. How doesn't that get through your thick skull? I just laid it out for you and you deny it.

Lex went all in and lost. He knew that. Martha, Lois, and Clark himself were all witnesses and Lex was using mercs, bought loyalty. You could be sure that one of those guys would roll over on him once the shit had hit the fan.

When Clark shows up without Bruce's head and Bruce is waiting for him on the other end of that call, Lex just pushes the "oh shit button." and lets it all fall apart. Some people think that Lex thought he could control Doomsday, and there's footage to support that, but the fact it didn't make it into the final film tells me that they decided to take things in a different direction. Lex was exposed as a criminal. I don't think he much cared whether he lived or died at that point - his carefully cultivated image of the geeky philanthropist was forever revealed for the facade it was.

Did you even pay attention you cocksucker? Wonder Woman's cuts were only strengthening Doomsday. The more they fought him, the stronger he became.

Oh, I'm not saying it's a masterpiece. I'm saying it's one of the few things the movie nailed.

>"They need to see the fraud you are, the blood on your hands"
>gets caught with blood on his hands
I see what you did there Zack.

He's right though, i mean Jesus christ how do you people take this shit seriously. It's non stop cringe and any other fucking movie that was about ACTUAL NORMAL PEOPLE would be a million times more effective. But no you have to have your men in tights. Fucking queers the lot of you

You're the same guy that just got destroyed earlier in the thread. And who has gotten destroyed countless times before only to escape like a bitch and return to make these passive-aggressive bitch comments. How does it feel that Marvel is considered a joke by all while BvS's image is only improved with time? You are fighting a losing battle.

It's beautiful, isn't it?

Please go easy on DC comics Sup Forums, Injustice 2 is almost out.

This guy gets it

Oh yeah i forgot he got stronger

Okay then why didnt they give the spear to someone else

>marvel pajeet

Okay cool he released doomsday because he was nuts, desperate and he wanted to prove superman was not all powerful

Fair reasoning but explain how exactly he was incriminated or explain the hot mess of the louis lane spear scene

Superman took the spear because Wonder Woman was busy pinning him down and Batman was distracting him. It was the golden opportunity to take him out before he got even stronger. Also Superman felt personal responsibility as Doomsday is also a Kryptonian. Watch the movie next time.

>superman didnt prove shit
-Even though people criticize and/or sees him as a god, he never stops helping people. Even after senete bombing he comes back to help.
-When batman is about to murder him his last words is him trying to get Batman save his mother
-After all the shit Lex has done to him he spares and SAVES Lex from doomsday
-Takes a fucking nuke to make sure it hits Doomsday
--"This is my world" and sacrifices himself to save earth for the second or third time.

>Lois and spear
She just saw that the spear weakens and is able to kill the Kryptonian man she loves, after Batman is gone she tries to get rid of the spear quickly
Remmeber before she arrived to fight building Perry tells her something i wrong with Kyptonian ship. and after she sees a fucking moster with lazer beams she figures out the spears importance

>Wonder woman
She cut the hand of doomsday to just give him a new weapon. While Supes rescuing Lois Doomsday rekts WW and goes after Batman. Also Batman mentions Krytonite spear can kill DD but only if pierce the skin of DD with enough force. And Supes is the strongest

>Okay then why didnt they give the spear to someone else

And to add to that. Handing off the spear to someone else and letting them deal with a problem he helped create is the very least Superman thing that he could ever do.

WB's marketing wing needs to wake the fuck up. They got rammed so hard by Disney's shills while they just stood and watched the smear campaign in action.

this sort of thing is rampant throughout the film, to the point that i wonder if every single line is referenced by something not verbal

my man, i invite you to take your musings towards the... screen and point them in the other direction as well

Just the other day, I realized that all three main characters' first scenes all revolve around them lying. I intend to watch it again this weekend to see if that pattern tracks through the rest of their scenes. Lying - confrontation with truth - acceptance of truth, or something along those lines.

hilarious, given that the footage already gave us at least part of their version of martha

Upboated friend!!!

Oh, I have very little doubt that the Mouse isn't above a smear campaign. I personally believe they're attempting to establish an un-regulatable monopoly on a fictional genre. They're trying to grab up all the cape characters.

See, that's a pointless thing to ask. Sure, you can say that Superheroes are silly. Just like you can say that Aliens are silly, that monsters are silly, that ghosts are silly, that robots are silly and so on and so forth... doesn't change that some of the most influential movies of all time and generally some of the most influential fiction of all time does feature those things to some extent.

it was shit, stop shilling this shit

epic XD

Well said, superbro. The people that impose artificial restrictions on what a genre can and can't do are only revealing their own lack of imagination.

well yeah, the only one who doesn't get called out for it is clark, which connects to other things

both lex and bruce have a moment where their lies are cut through by their voices of reason

bruce ignores his, lex blows his up

interestingly, lex blows up finch after she says "today is a day for truth"

later on:

lois(who's been chasing the truth throughout both movies): i've proven what you've done
lex: that'll blow away, like sand in the desert

BUT

truth and lies aren't self contained, like everything else, they connect mostly through the idea of fakes/falsity

false god
fraud you are
the fake sword of alexander
the fucking false flag that starts the movie
bruce's dreams playing with his false perception
the empty superman casket

>take a bucket of piss call it granny's peach tea, won't fool a fly or me

BEAUTIFUL LIE

>well yeah, the only one who doesn't get called out for it is clark, which connects to other things

I think that ties in to how he's presented as a wiser character than the other two - he doesn't need someone else to call him out on it. He calls out himself through his memories of his dad. He admits to himself that he's been ducking responsibility.

And the people spouting that shit aren't the ones spending their days watching Bergman or the likes. They just want to remain infantile, safe in their little space where no ideas that might hint at adulthood might pass. Unfortunately, I see Marvel and the like further fueling this alienation from reality that western youth is experiencing. The state of the eternal babies. Don't dare venture outside of what we deem fun and happy. Don't dare show anything that we haven't already approved of in prior films.

It's frankly disgusting, and the people who support the continued dumbing down of cinema should be called out and then shut down. They are the death of cinema.

seeing as how you're deeper in the rabbit hole, how far do you think the movie is uhh... pushing itself out of the screen?

i was resisting this at what i thought of as the edge of the movie simply being the most meta thing ever, but the tarot and rampant surrealist flourishes got me wondering, even the reactions to the movie were traumatic, to the point where this is literally a point of contention, very ironic and strange, which trips me out even more when people respond to the movie by literally begging for a certain type of savior figure to literally guarantee order and meaning in the world

how far does the rabbit hole go? at least tentatively?

Just two main brief points that I would like to be considered:
-The only two superheroes in this film should have been Batman and Superman, it should have been about their rivalry and the story surrounding that. The inclusion of Wonder Woman subtracted from this film in my opinion.
-Casting of Eisenberg as Lex Luthor really grated on me. It is not a version of Lex that I wanted to see. They kind of went back to the sardonically comedic, Gene Hackman Lex and ... he is a billionaire with a tech campus like google or facebook, oh just like the character Eisenberg played in that other movie about the facebook guy and with essentially the same characterisation. This version of Lex really upset me and reduces the experience in a very big way.

i really, really want to avoid console wars completely but you worded your post in a very serendipitous way

man of steel and batman v superman both have this continuing jungian/campbell aspect of leaving the safe space and venturing into the unknown, to the point that jonathan's ghost has to give clark a means through which to maneuver even the gravest of tragedies

furthermore, bvs is all about personal and mass trauma, with the main characters having to work through their pain in order to move to the next stage of their lives, with the martha thing being the moment where trauma is lived through and processes so empathy can come through

dreams, feelings, repressed experiences, trauma

the worst movies are simply forgotten, why is it that a year later people are still working through the experience of this movie?

What's going on?

I'm not sure if what you're saying isn't crazy but it's interesting. What exactly are you talking about?

ww was fine and literally took nothing away from the plot and story told. your opinion is shit

Your complaint on lex is literally
>not muh

Try harder

why dont you find out back on reddit faggot

How did you know where it was from?

You redditors all post the same type of reaching bullshit that literally develops into head canon and seeing shit that isnt there. the fact that you even took it seriously enough to come try and bring it here is embarrassing enough. There is literally nothing going on in that picture other than flash running and you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

>you redditors
>spends his days lurking on Reddit to whine about it on Sup Forums
lel

It was the worst version of Lex ever to be put to screen, including all animated iterations and even including Kevin fucking Spacey

any kind of fan theory is immediately reddit
on Sup Forums the standard is proclaiming things like 'you don't understand the use of light'

You got outed, just go back and take your shit theory with you

>brings his reddit fan theory garbage here
>Gets called out
>gets pissy

top kek

>lurks reddit to whine about reddit on Sup Forums
lel

>being this butthurt nobody took him seriously

I bet you made the image too huh? Sorry. it was shit

Oh look its another DC shill thread

>27%

Did Rotten Tomatoes make Marvel movies good?

the extent to which the people behind the movie really believe in it
by the end of the movie, superman is shown to be the true prometheus, lighting the fire within 'all of us' and laid down as the seed for the ultimate hope

i wonder about the extent to which you can take it literally, as at the very least they seem to be making superman face the anxieties of our current society
in the same way myths of past offered an ordering of the self within reality, the use of superman here is at least in part an exploration of modern society at the mass level

man of steel had an obvious subtext of him representing man finding personal purpose, and protecting that individual freedom/creativity against the idea of subsuming all life in favor of a fundamentalist type of ideal
bvs took what was made in mos, and explored it within the context of an uncertain universe, where hope made the change to faith, and even went all the way to the implication of life as a light in the darkness.
i just wonder the extent to which they're trying to pin it all through the lens of superman as the ideal man, human even

hella FUCKEN EPIC XD

That's some Alejandro Jodorowsky stuff right there. I'm not convinced Snyder and Goyer are that smart.

Hello? I was asking a question. Did RT make Civil Quips good?

You should write for marvel bro

The movie didn't explain what Parademons are, so when some people were left with no answers from the movie or comic knowledge they made up random bullshit "symbolism". If that doesn't sum up Batman v Superman fans I dont know what will

Why dont you kys you autistic faggot. RT is a good barometer to gauge a films quality so you work it out

>RT is a good barometer to gauge a films quality

YIKES be a little more subtle pajeet friend ;)

;)

Parademons dont even do anything in this movie wtf are you talking about?

Why did it need to? It was a dream sequence. That it was a premonition is neither here nor there.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok my simple friend. Answer this...

a. 8/10 people LIKE something
b. 8/10 people DISLIKE something

Which example better denotes the quality of a thing

terrio would be, his background backs it all up

snyder's interviews back up a lot of the meta/pop culture/mass culture/iconographic/symbolist/clever word-image play elements of the story

and as far my comments on prometheus and man of steel, its very true, man of steel being very explicit to the point of dialogue, and the promethean observation being yet another example of the movie bringing something up through dialogue, then referencing it again later nonverbally and ironically

>muh conspiracy

One example does not the majority make

> RT is a good barometer to gauge a films quality so you work it out

Fuck, I hate Australians.

is it an ironic meme or something here to like this movie

this movie was a masterpiece and we all should be very proud that this was real estate during our life time

it would help a lot if you guys simply didn't reply to basic b8 posts

Snyder/Terrio is the dream team of superhero films. Ben Affleck is the best thing to have happened since he also brought Terrio with him.

Paki general? Fuck why Sup Forums of all places? Surely there are better outlets to shill..

A lot of sjw cunts were invested in Ghostbusters so that bias is understandable but bias is there against DC? Oh thats right, none

Its no wonder these roo fuckers deviate towards defending DC; better opportunities to shitpost

No, in life when you leave your house one day..you will come to understand people exist that like what you dont.