Possibly the best visual film made this decade

Possibly the best visual film made this decade
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BXGNnhM6TKE

This book features some of the deleted scenes so hopefully we get an extended cut then

looks like it shouldve never left paper

Fuck off this is a fantastic film. Really hope we get an extended cut

Best movie I've seen in a long time. Reminded me of that Carpenter-80s-feel schlocky movie but through the lens of 2010s.
Never seen the anime, don't give a fuck about it.

You really should watch the anime. Gives u more characterisations of Section 9

how does it feel d-roll footage with 8 licensed tracks like suicide squad is a blockbuster and your holy moon runes can't afford to wipe its own ass

if they paid so much attention to visual detail and aesthetics it shouldnt have had a so well known actress robbing attention. the movie had a lot going by itself it seems, but then it had this midget old woman playing le futuristic robot and we all know midgets and futurism dont go together.

Go the fuck to sleep, kid. I suggest never waking up.

>I like bad cinematic universe movies
Cyberpunk like GitS could change and shape American cinema

its pretty pathetic how you keep defending this half baked passion project. the obviously put in a lot of "good" work here, trying to follow the adaptation strategy with even less real money spent than ironman series. this book youre parading isn't original or profound whatsoever as it is the most offending derivative work to date created by some hack that couldn't be further from the cutting edge than his subject matter of choice. couldn't even instagram the snapchat kiddies into theater pretty pathetic

>Origin story was more in the background, more scenes focused on philosophy and questions posed by the premise.

>A better explanation and more depth was given to the consent thing. Which made it hit harder when later in the film they basically say they never needed consent to begin with.

>Mother scene was different. There was no grave scene at the end with the Mother. Mother never knows this is Motoko.

>All the atmospheric VFX shots a lot longer.

>Swimming scene was a lot longer.

>Interrogation scene was a lot longer.

>Major didn't have a full brain, only a piece of her brain. At what point was she human and only a machine?

>The prostitute character made multiple appearances and appeared much earlier in the film.

>Original ending was Kuze and Major did some sort of digital mind mend as he wanted to live on her memory. All of this was told visually though as the sequence played out a lot like the shelling bit in the beginning but with two minds becoming a new person. Batou comes in after and helps carry Major away questioning if she's the same or this new person.

According to two different sources, one of the VFX artists on GAF

>it tested poorly for reasons I'm not too sure of. Again this is now why it was changed .

And a trusted industry insider on another movie site:

>I saw an early test cut that the General Audience in attendance didnt understand, so they made cuts to simplify it. I never would of thought they would butcher it as much as they did.

holy shit pls kys immediately

It's by far way better than what the MCU and DCEU are doing

www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/04/07/box-office-china-cant-save-scarlett-johanssons-ghost-in-the-shell/#77166e3d18c9

>Ghost in the Shell began its box office sprint in China yesterday, with a mere $7.8 million on its opening day.

>At a glance, a $7.8 million opening day (including online ticketing fees) means a $23m opening weekend and a $47-$51m total.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>way better
DC has Snyder, and even MCU has the first Captain America movie. GiTS is exceptionally beautiful but that doesn't mean you have to pointlessly hate other well made movies.

PFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dude, most of the time it looked like an original ScyFy direct to DVD movie

>DC has Snyder, and even MCU has the first Captain America movie.
... so? Ghost in the Shell is far better than the DCEU and MCU

Even if that's true why are you comparing everything you watch to capeshit?

>Original ending was Kuze and Major did some sort of digital mind mend as he wanted to live on her memory. All of this was told visually though as the sequence played out a lot like the shelling bit in the beginning but with two minds becoming a new person. Batou comes in after and helps carry Major away questioning if she's the same or this new person.

Storyboards for this at 1:42 in the video?

>why are you comparing everything you watch to capeshit?
Because capeshit is the main money maker and Hollywood compares everything to it

>ohh guardians galaxy did well so we need to make movie trailers like that

what the fuck is this thread?

the trailers looked like typical CGI grey shit

It wasn't.

(Well most of it wasn't, the stuff at the robotics company was, and the tank at the end, but the investigations in the city with section 9 were all colourful and well designed, with a lot of practical props with well done CG effects)

Holy shit at all these insecure faggots.
Why do you hate to admit you liked the movie?
It's not like pretending it Was bad will get you a gf and genocide Brown people.

Is pretending to be a shill the new cool thing to do now on imageboards?