This was so shit

This was so shit.

3/10

Please discuss why it was so bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im pretty sure all deaths were cgi'd write offs

I liked it, but that's probably because I'm a sucker for anything kaiju related.

Kong just isn't that interesting. In the 3 big movies he's had, they haven't changed his character ONCE (Skull Island came the closest with the idea of him being an "island god").
Godzilla has stayed interesting for 60 years because they did so much different stuff with him. Each era has their own unique feel to them that keeps them fresh, and most of the one-off movies (GMK, Shin) have him take on an entirely different character that may not even fit with the era.

it is a monster movie
those are never that great

pffftthhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahahah

They should have killed the actors for real using real giant monsters, amirite?

better the shin Godzilla,I mean shin Neo-Genesis Evangelion.

shin Neo-Genesis Evangelion
The only similarities were the soundtracks though

IT AINT ME never started playing.

I cringed like fuck when they fired up Paranoid from teh helicopters.

>Better than shin godzilla
>This is what kongcucks actually believe

Dude it's supposed to look like shit lmao

>has Rei,and Asuka
>same sound track
>cringy english
>has scenes of evangelion recreated in our world.
>Godzilla is literally an angel spamming beams.
>the ultimate plan sounds the same as EVA

what do you mean shit. Do you see this shot. It's the most greatest thing i've ever seen in a movie since the greatest kino ever doom.

>it's a Sup Forums agrees to circle-jerk over hating something good episode

Fucking hated it too apart from the cannibal holocaust reference, Samual L Jackson and some blood.

Why didnt they just make it R Rated...

I am not a kongcuck fag,but if you think shin is good you need to get electro-shock cause that shit was live action evangelion with Godzilla filling in for one the angels

Where did all the helicopters come from?

There were 5 helicopters on the ship but all of a sudden they had a formation of about 12.

This gave me a similar uncomfortable feeling to the PA getting brutalised in Jurassic World.

Dude was a decent guy, didn't deserve that shit

Ok making a POV shot of a guy shooting was cool but then BvS had a cool opening and rest of movie was average

Its a kids movie about monsters beating each other up. Asses in seats, kids don't care about a few blurry pixels, same way producers don't care about autists desperate need for every drop of blood to be 4k practical effects for it's 0.2 second of screen time.

eh, I kinda liked the anti-war message. it was just an anti-war movie mixed with a little bit of moby dick and a shit ton of CGI to make it appeal to the normie crowd. 6.5/10

They spawned in a bit late due to the game software they were using to make this

The monsters fighting was pretty damn coherent to say the least.

>That shit was live action evangelion with Godzilla filling in for one of the angels

So it's good?

Its a 5/10 at best

>No memorable characters apart from Samuel L Jackson
>Pacing was so rushed
>Ending was heaps rushed
>Bad after credits scene rushing Godzilla to remind audiences this is LE CINEMATIC

MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE

How are you people unable to enjoy Kong?

>We want the Call of Duty audience

>it is good when a director can only make the same shit scenes over and over with different re-skins

Funniest blockbuster of the year

Since they are making a cinematic COD movie series now, will it feature stuff like that? If so I will watch. If not I am not paying to see it

>live action evangelion
>supposed to be an insult
???

Because it's a bad movie

>>Bad after credits scene rushing Godzilla to remind audiences this is LE CINEMATIC

I didn't see that and I've deleted it now.

They're contrarians who can't like things
Especially if they are considered "fun"

I made it as far as the helicopter attack, where Kong smashes down 7-8 of them. I just lost interest desu, which doesn't happen all that often

>hack director who is only know for one work,can only just recreate that work with different textures is a complement on Sup Forums

this George Lucas tier shit

I didn't exactly expect an Oscar winner. It was alright, 6.5/10

Good. Its literally nothing. Just Hiddleston with journalist lady sitting in a room after the CIA bring them in for questioning I think when they get home and a guy walks in saying "You 2 know nothing yet" as he shows them pictures of godzilla and then it ends with godzilla's roar.

B R A V O

It's a great monster movie
If you were expecting some deep film you're a fucking retard

>It's a monster movie it's supposed to be bad!
>Who cares it's fun
>If you can't have fun with this objectively shitty movie you're just a contrarian

Everytime I see some dumb fuck use this ''''argument'''' I die a little inside

The movie is worth watching until Samuel L Jackson dies.

Its funny. I thought he would be the joke in the movie but he turned out being the only guy actually making this movie worth watching because his character was well written

>well written
>viet war captain ahab

>has Rei,and Asuka
No it doesn't. It has 2 girl characters, but neither of them are like Rei or Asuka
>same sound track
Yes
>cringy english
A lot of Japanese movies have this. It's not a NGE staple
>has scenes of evangelion recreated in our world.
Which ones?
>Godzilla is literally an angel spamming beams
He's a monster. By this metric you could argue that the kaiju in Pacific Rim are angels just because it's inspired by NGE.
>the ultimate plan sounds the same as EVA
The ultimate plan? I don't know what you mean

This movie came out after Logan and Logan is still playing in the cinemas as we speak

Interesting

it's not just godzilla but also king ghidorah, mothra and rodan.

Please stop trying to bait by quoting things I didn't say

See, Logan is actually a good movie

>WOW THEY SHOWED MONSTER GODZILLA FIGHTS
WHO THE HELL CARES?

True

this line of argument is getting really tiring and reaching intellectual dishonesty levels. its one thing to say "they want cheese, give them cheesy" but defending kong from this angle just makes me wonder who betrayed you in life so much that you hopefully push that indescribably self unaware line of reason

Logan legitimately puts Marvel Studios and DC to shame with how good it was. It's something that can be held up as how cape films could be to show all the ways they're usually falling short.

people who like giant monster movies care

He actually had a bandolier full of 40mm grenades, that's why the explosion is so big.

Capeshit is the second biggest thing nowadays after talking animals. Monsterkino is not up there yet

FUNKINO

I think one of the things that really bothered me about this movie was how they just killed all the characters I could actually remember. The mass effect brother and sister that make it off the island i'm not even sure why they were there in the first place. but this dude I remembered then he just gets dino tail whipped into a side of a mountain. should have went out better.

''''''fun''''''

Stop

We are already getting 5 Cloverfield sequels.

I am pretty sure its up there.

See: Cloverfield is much better than this Kong movie

>Cloverfield
>better
it's utter shit with a shaky cam which is a crime against humanity in it's worst form

>emotionless girl not representing Rei
>Japanese American not representing Asuka.

>entire Godzilla fight is just ramiel
>the planing part is similiar scene to one in NGE,both plans are named similarly.

I just finished watching this about an hour ago. It would have been more interesting to see john c riley and the jap become friends and go on island adventures.

Just random thoughts while I was watching:
-Why didn't the helicopters just increase altitude after meeting Kong, they just had a ridiculous Icarus monologue a min before.
- Flames reflecting in the glasses was cheesy as fuck.
-The way the anti-war photographer holds her camera like a weapon is annoying.
-Why would you make natives pose instead of capturing them doing native things?
-Why mention giant ants and never show them?
-Why put on a gas mask to do that 300 style side scrolling slasher slowmo only to take off the mask still in the gas?
-After every death the characters are awfully carefree, you think they would be on high alert? After the guy is cut up in the air, they don't even retreat inside the boat for refuge.
-Why didn't Kong do his signature separating the jaw from head move? They even started setting it up, but no pay off.
- The grenade sacrifice guy didn't even make sense.
- How did they expect no one to talk about what they saw? The rescue crew surely saw Kong beating his chest
- Every single death happened so quick that you didn't feel anything at all. "Dear Billy" just gets eaten off screen, John Goodman is gobbled and lizard runs off, guy is carried off into sunset and scene ends, Kong haphazardly steps on a few, Kong fists Samuel L Jackson and runs off to fight the lizard. None have any lasting effect
-Aren't the Russians going to be there in 3 days to just fuck everything up?

Ending was stupid, who cares that John C Riley found his wife, I would have rather watched the goverment capture Kong and set him loose on Vietnam as payback.

>10 Cloverfield lane
Great until she actually gets out of the place

>Cloverfield
Fuck off.

b-but the quips and carefree attitude of the movie perfectly mirrors my everyday millennial sjw life. It even had token races in it.

To answer all your points:

This movies fucking stupid

>-Why didn't the helicopters just increase altitude after meeting Kong, they just had a ridiculous Icarus monologue a min before.

This is the dumb shit that makes me wonder about the discussion process by the movie creators. Is there one guy adamantly saying how stupid this scene is and a bunch of execs running numbers about reshoot/recgi costs.

>Great until she actually gets out of the place

This. It's part of a long hollywood tradition of utterly fucking up a movie with a focus-tested extra ending. If it had ended with the reaction shot of her seeing the ship in the distance it would have been a classic.

>See a helicopter get smashed and their bullets have no real effect
>Dude lets all keep flying within arms reach of the giant gorilla and shoot him some more lmao

still too big

It was just one of many continuity that films usually have

Seems a bit big thing to not notice though

dan trachtenberg had been trying to make this movie for a long time. The studios finaly came to him and said tack on the cloverfield name and ending and we'll fund your movie. thus that crap was born. but with it came the greatest shot ever know to man and because of that I will always love this movie and danny t. along with the camera guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=1s
this sums it up pretty well

Plus:
>kong was great
>good visual
>fight scene was pretty great
>sam jackson was great as usual because he's the only actor who can give charismatic performance no matter how shit the script is
>john c reilly's character montage in the end
>flash camera scene

Minus:
>brie larson and tom hiddleston were literally here for paycheck
>chiness actress only existed solely for blatant chinese pandering
>the token black guy trooper only existed as comic relief
>uninspiring creature design
>weird stylistic choice for some scenes, felt like the director had a boner for slow-motion, sunset shot and katana
>not a fan of the opening scene, felt like watching a different movie
>tone was all over the place, some scenes felt unironically funny because how stupid it is, but sometimes they nailed the mysterious and horror tone. It felt like the director didn't know what kind of tone to setup for this movie
>awkward humour ruined the movie (dude skullcrawlers lmao)

this felt like a big budget B-movie desu

Movie was 7/10, enjoyed Hiddleston the most
What cannibal holocaust reference?

It had King Kong punch some shit. Who fucking cares about the plot

Honestly, if you don't enjoy watching giant Kaijus punch shit, then you're likely gay

That's a good review.

>Enjoyed Hiddleston the most
Literally there for the paycheck

Anyone who actually still uses this argument is either braindead or a child. Which one are you?

can you stop shilling your reviews here? Thanks.

I agree his performance wasn't that inspiring but it was a shit script and I still liked his character/the actor
Hopefully he'll be better in sequel

So can we all agree that the editing was pretty bad?

yeah, some of the scene's transition felt abrupt

I hated Brie Larson's 'comedy'.

I wanted to motorboat her for most of the movie

Wtf are you guys on about this movie was a good adventure flick

It was great though. It did not have a dull moment. People are excited for the Kaijuverse

t. balding nu-males aka Marvel/DC fanboys who eat cereals for dinner

it's a movie for people that love videogames, it's no surprise that the majority of Sup Forumseddit likes it

An actual Kaiju video game where you can customize your own giant monster's powers and appearance would be cool.

t. Jordan Vogt-Roberts

>0:04
>that back-and-forth zoom
LMAO

I'd describe Hiddleston in Kong as a poor man's Fassbender.

it wasn't 3/10 bad, i'm leaning towards 6

>taking inspiration from the literary canon is bad

6 is good though.
It was a bad flick.

>vote libertarian
Muh studio wars!

If I had to choose a side, I'd go the path of bird

Dude it's just a movie about a fucking big monster doing big monster things.
There is no "character".

>typing in all those post numbers just to shitpost

Goddamn.

Not to mention he did it in several threads

This scene really pissed me off because it starts with John c Reilly's crazy WWII fighter pilot character swinging the sword. That guy was crazy enough that I don't mind seeing him swing a sword at pterodactyls, it was appropriately silly. Then Tom Hiddleston has to butt in and be action man, which is when the filmmakers decided that it's "BADASS TIME" and put the unnecessary slow motion that just makes Hiddleston look even sillier.

I thought it was pretty cool when the crazy old guy sliced up the monster's leg.

You're all fucking plebs in this thread, the reason why it's so fun and good is because it's ULTRA schlocky, it's so different from Godzilla 2014

I was laughing my ass off in the movie theater, it was just so fun

characters were too stupid, i stopped watching after they all went into the killer jungle to look for some assclown.

i tried to finish the movie, and then the fucking characters, too stupid to put a bullet in sam jacksons head, GO BACK TO THE STUPID FUCKING JUNGLE.

no. it was retarded. dumb characters that arent real.

i hate john c reillly, but he was actually the only good part of the movie. sam jackson was ok, but his character dumb. goodman was wasted.

cgi? it was ok. good maybe , one or two scenes looked bad.

all the other guys were fucking terrible though. the natives were terrible. the army guys were terrible. the whiney geology guys were terrible. the girl was terrible. the tracker guy was terrible.

overall 0/10 a walkout! i've seen 5000+ films and only walked out of a dozen. rip kong.