They should really remake Doom with it's actual storyline instead of the Resident Evil Zombie route they took

They should really remake Doom with it's actual storyline instead of the Resident Evil Zombie route they took

Original Doom Plot
>The monsters are demons of hell not Aliens or Mutants
>Doom Space Marine was convicted to Mars after killing his commanding officer on disagreeing to open fire on innocent people during a riot
>Failed teleportation experiments opens a gate
>The soul cube and Mars civilization were added in the third game
>the Archville is the creepiest demon in the lore
>Hell has it's own technological advancements - Creatures like the Cyberdemon and Mancubus showcase this
>The Endgame is the Icon of Sin

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JwmMGLiWG0M
youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ4tSoumNk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah ok but they had the plot laid out for them and could have done it all using the same like 3 rooms and 1 hallway they had but they still made it about zombies. They had one shot and fucked it up. Doom is the most simple premise anyone can imagine and they could have done anything with that but they decided to do dumb shit.

"Semper Fi, motherfucker!"

well the original plot is barely anything at all and there are no characters besides doomguy himself so what do you even have a movie about?

The Soundtrack was great though.

A good DOOM movie should feel like an expertly choreographed kung fu movie but with firearms. Fuck plot. Fuck characters. Give me a guy in a helmet and go. Let the insanity play out around him, only letting Doomguy be a vessel to witness Hell. You can get details from the world around him, flashbacks or video logs or something, but if the Marine has even one word of dialogue, it's already missed the mark.

The movie was kino, fuckyou nerds

youtube.com/watch?v=JwmMGLiWG0M

yes yes yes this

they did a live action trailer for the new game, too bad the game itself was garbage.
youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ4tSoumNk

>Game itself was garbage

Fuck off and get some taste

There are some YT documentary about the development of D44M, and the developer's basic idea was pretty much what you described.

That's not live action, that's a Blur Studio CGI.

well semi live action green screen shit
would you watch a feature length version of that trailer though? it's what seems to want

Doom 3 had a plot. Doom 1 plot is in OP

The game looks like garbage. The monster design was fucking gay, I fell off my chair laughing the first time I saw the new Cyberdemon. They even got rid of the Archville which was a shame

>playing doom for the plot
holy shit we have a special one here

It should be something like hardcore henry, they tried vaguely with a couple of those first person scenes but they were garbage
It should just be 90 minutes of doomguy going apeshit on demons in increasingly insane and brutal ways, and he acts like the doomguy from the comics

>basic idea was pretty much what you described.
because that's what first two games are, kid

wew

>The monster design was fucking gay
the lead artist/designer worked on pacific rim and it really shows.