Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

So, what's your opinion on this, Sup Forums?

I found it very good, actually better than Stranger Things in terms of a sci-fi series.

Also, what are Dirk's psychic powers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=woESRWeer0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i found it better as the season went on

hoping we get a season 2

it's going to be released this year.

Sup Forums loves Max Landis right?

Nothing to do with the books or Stephen Mangan show.

For its own sake I liked it. Nice to see Fiona Dourif take up her fathers mantle.

>You just dodged a bullet
>I didn't dodge a bullet, the bullet dodged me

Gotta admit the ending felt kinda rushed.

They could split it into 2 episodes and would be great.

How did Bart and Ken reach the animal warehouse?

Autism metaphor.

By understanding the cnnectedness of all things, Bart and Dirk can't understand the importance of the connecteness of some things. e.g., Bart is amazed that Ken knows what words are going to be said next on the radio.

Landis will "reveal" this "hidden meaning" at a strategic point and SJWs will be jubilant, tumblr fanfom is incapable of interpreting even their most beloved media. Screencap this.

Surprisingly, for a meme series it wasn't full of libtard propaganda, it only had 2-3 relevant niggers and no gay shit.

Never read the books (Didn't ever heard the title before I heard about the show). Pretty fun.

Was expected some elements, like vampire rockers be more connected, but whatever.

>God Tier
Bart
Dirk
Gordon

>Good tier
Rowdy 3
Col. Scott
Sgt. Hugo
Zimmerfield

>Meh Tier
Amanda
Todd
Ken
CIA Guys
Estevez

>Shit Tier
Farah

I found it to be a lot of fun. I live in Vancouver and actually saw the first car Dirk drives in the series. I think the series got Time Travel right.
I have not read the Douglas Adams books yet.
Do you think Project Blackwing could connect the series to American Ultra and Mr Right....?

Amazing show. Hoping to run for at least 2-3 more seasons.

Is it wrong to be attracted to the holistic assassin?

Yeah, the fact that they were trying to create the loop instead of destroying it was pretty neat, didn't realize it until the end.

She's a qt

>tfw she will never assasinate you

I thought the opposite. The beginning was really fun and interesting but they had to rush like crazy to get the end out so it lost a lot of charm near the end.

Really uneven, some parts were great, some parts were retarded.

>
>I thought the opposite. The beginning was really fun and interesting but they had to rush like crazy to get the end out so it lost a lot of charm near the end.

I think so too. The series shines when you dont know wtf is going on and all kinds of crazy shit happens.

The time travel ending ruined the appeal.

>american ultra and Mr right

I didn't think of that but it does make sense. But from an IP point of view they probably couldn't call them spin offs

>Surprisingly, for a meme series it wasn't full of libtard propaganda, it only had 2-3 relevant niggers and no gay shit.

trump happened, so we'll see.

But really they shouldn't push their luck with the sjw shit considering this show is very low profile unlike stranger things.

How did Farah [spoiler ]kick the shit out of Bart [/spoiler] ?

Is she also part of Project Blackwing or what?

>How did Farah [spoiler ]kick the shit out of Bart [/spoiler] ?
[spoilers] she wasnt supposed to kill kirk.[/spoilers]

The universe didn't want Dirk assassinated.

Project Blackwing is presumably also to do with time travel, that is what causes Dirk and Bart to have the universe want things for them (prevention of paradox). They must both be in a bigger loop.

Max Landis is gay faggot.

I only watched the first episode but I thought the character of Dirk Gently was so obnoxious that I don't really want to keep watching

Bart
>Can't be Killed

Rowdy 3
>"Consume" fear

Dirk
>???

seriously what was his power? Luck? "Coincidence enabler"? Can't be killed? pre-cognition?

It was later explained that he knew everything because he met his future self at the hotel but he's still classified as a psychic.

Theres not really much connection.

Dirk Gently is a Holistic Detective, thats about it.

They do make a few references to some elements as something that had happened to Dirk before.

The BBC did a prior sort-of adaptation (I think the books are actually impossible to adapt themselves) its low key and low budget, closer to something like Jonathon Creek.

Fag shit

This.

I gave up after a couple episodes for the same reason. I stuck it out because I liked everybody else but I just tired of his annoying ass.

If they give us an anti-climax from the tank rock bart scene I'll be pissed.

Yea they are both annoying.

But the side characters make it better.

Both American Ultra and Mr. Right main characters are CIA trained agents of super secret projects, just like Dirk Gently in Project Blackwing... Dirk did mention there were 30 of them, we know about the Rowdy 3, Bart and him so that makes 6/30..

I liked it better than the other Dirk Gently adaptation. I liked it but it's not better than stranger things.

I didn't like this one.>I thought the character of Dirk Gently was so obnoxious

I read the books in highschool, I don't want to ruin the nostalgia. Then again Frodo tends to pick decent projects, so it's probably good.

am i the only one disgusted by how gay the protagonists look and act?

He has super autism that allows him to subconsciously perceive the butterfly effect of events.

I thought Patrick Spring's sudden personal appearance later in the season was one of it's highlights.

It barely has much related to the books, so you're fine.

Yes

He is psychic he guessed the pirate picture and he still can't be killed unless he's meant to. He's the same as Bart except she uses hers to kill while he uses his to solve mysteries

Also dumbass army guy is the most refreshing villain I've seen in a while

When the fat guy would slip into his rockstar voice I died

youtube.com/watch?v=woESRWeer0o

1:10 and on, Max Landis explains why he didn't bother trying to adapt the books and instead went for OC

I really liked the (latest) BBC Dirk Gently but it died early as I imagine they can only write so many clever stories without completely imploding.

New "Dirk Gently" should have just had a different name, it didn't have any connection or even any INFLUENCE whatsoever from the books. It wasn't bad though for something that was completely not Dirk Gently related. Too many youths maybe. I bet everyone was a decade younger than Frodo but he just doesn't look his own age.

No he is a liberal shit, atleast he doesn't force that in his scripts

Time travel was introduced five minutes in

A victim of budget cuts, unfortuately.
In the new version Dirk et al. are not shabby enough, I think. Too neat and quirky.

it's pleb-tier garbage for plebs

I think the new Dirk is so non-Dirk that it doesn't matter what previous characterizations would have been. It's just... not Dirk Gently. Good, but not at all that. You can't criticize it for being not Douglas Adams enough when it's clearly not intended to be anyway.

this

I kind of agree, but I'm still disappointed.

I kind of like how Dirk was nearly spotless as literally everything bad happened to those near him. He was always kind of a trouble lightning rod.