Death Note 2017

> Different story from the anime
Good, already watched that.
> Different setting
Cool! "What if the note fell to earth again?" I'm sure the demon's don't give a shit where it falls.
> The actors don't look like the anime!
Why should they? It's taking place in in Seattle.
> Willem Dafoe?
Sold.

It just feels like anime nerds don't like change but would complain if it was too similar anyway. No wonder most anime don't get adapted, the fan base are toddlers.

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/posts/4020802
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone complaining about a bad adaptation of the anime is already outed as a shit bag since the anime is a shit adaptation of the manga.

Weebs just want Japanese people in their live action movies.
I don't blame them.
It's shitting all over their favorite shows.
But I will debate Ghost in the Shell.
Major looks white.

The trailer looked bad even if there was no source material to compare it to.

Can robots or what ever have ethnicity? And also, isn't that character illustrated to look western in most cases along with most of the other characters of that show?

Live action anime adaptations are a terrible idea in general. Name one exception.

can't be worse then when the japs tried making Death Note movies.

There's a bunch based on manga, but I can't think of any good anime ones.

Anime nerds ruined GiTS for everyone even though it was great

Never trust anime "fans" like them

It's a cool idea for a kind of style mixup but not executed well in recent memory. I'm holding out for GitS though because it looks cool as fuck.

>Why should they? It's taking place in in Seattle.
Because they're suppose to be Light and L.

>Netflix Death Note apologists are a thing now
End fucking life.

speed racer

The manga is just a shitty adaption of a NAME fag
weebs dont like live action fag.

Nice pull! Forgot about that movie. Bout time for a rewatch

your point would be valid if the protagonists were now called chad and tyrone, then its a whole new thing. can't have the cake and eat it, but you can eat shit mate

>The anime is bad because it strays too far of the manga
>I know lets change it even more that will fix it.

The entire appeal is having L and light be portrayed properly.
Why are you pretending is not gonna be shit.?

>anime
you're just as casual, this would be like talking about harry potter cartoon (if it had one) instead of the j.k books that preceed it and have more material,

Sorry dude but the only name that remains the same is Ryuk... And he's the one carryover from the other story.

You want "proper", stick your fat nose back into the manga and live there. Nobody is going to re make the exact same thing just for the sake of it.

Rouroni Kenshin
Cashern

>L is black
>helps the police

I'm not sure I understand your point. Bring on a HP cartoon btw.

>Despite the obvious Japanese cultural infusion of the already many previous iterations of the story, Wingard's Death Note film is looking sadly white. Nat Wolff has been cast to play Light, the film's lead. Shea Whigham will play his father. Margaret Qualley will play Mia Sutton, Light's obsessive girlfriend, devoted follower, and sometime murderous protege. The other main character, L, will be played by Keith Stanfield. Granted, he's not white, and L, as an Interpol agent coming from England could in theory not be necessarily Asian, but it's an odd move and not one that addresses the diversity issue at hand in this iteration of Death Note.

moviepilot.com/posts/4020802

Changing last name but keeping the same character dynamic, relationships, rol etc, it's the same.

Make it set in the US fine, the there's no reason to lift the same characters, the guy who gets the note could be anyone, wall street dude stoner whatever, the antagonist could be a PI, police, detective fbi etc, i bet people would be ok if they sell it as a spin off. they want L and Light because we like them, i can't see this going much better than GitS

And here comes Sup Forums.
Fuck off, loser.

I mean it worked for the New Hope remake called "The Force Awakens"

It the truth you faggot live action a cartoon,or book. with out keeping in spirit makes a shit adaption

Wait. Wait wait wait wait. Willem Dafoe is in this shit? What the flying fuck, why. How.

Uh... you don't get to bring Shinigami!

If I write that down will you die?

How retarded are you?
I had to read your post three times do understand you.
Does all of Sup Forums talk like you?

>read a shitpost three times
>still do not understand it
>proceed to respond to it

wew lad

The character dynamic and intellectual battles are the main draw of the series so I'm sure the writers of the Netflix movie didn't feel up to taking it into their own hands.

I'm sure this will end up being one of the major shortcomings of the new movie but I don't think it's any reason to wright it off completely before seeing it. Especially considering you probably use your friends Netflix account anyway and will be watching it for free.

Is that like some kind of dumb meme joke? Sorry dude, I'm not that involved. Just came here to look at tits.

Even though I think Light is a faggot shit, and I disagreed with what he was doing I still wanted him to win in the end. Fuck Near, hopefully Light wins in the movie.

Is this how you Sup Forums fucks respond?
>I was only pretending to be retarded

>pretending
Do you really think i need to pretend?