/horror/ - Horror Movie General

Everyone's favorite general is back

Discuss horror films and television

What was the last horror movie you saw? Would you recommend it?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2385074/
solarmoviez.to/movie/the-wailing-14809.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ulz7-TPOZW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Watched The Void last night, didn't care for it much. Effects were good though.

>What was the last horror movie you saw? Would you recommend it?
It Follows. It was worth a watch. The last one I saw that I liked was The Pact.

Reclusion aka Door to the Other Side in UK releases. Terrible movie. Don't waste your time.

Among The Living. What a nonsensical mess. Huge disappointment after seeing Inside.

Same. Loved the gore but didn't care about the rest. Guess I'm not much of an H. P. Lovecraft person.

Also watched The autopsy of Jane Doe last week after reading about it on here and I was not disappointed. Likeable characters and interesting plot really made this movie appealing to me.

>What was the last horror movie you saw? Would you recommend it?
Suspiria, of course

>tfw the remake will ruin everything

Never seen this general before, but I always recommend The Brood. It's a fun cronenberg movie.

>Also watched The autopsy of Jane Doe

this movie trigger me it has such a goat first half and then go down hill real fast dunno if sloppy writing at the end but fuck this had a potential of a really goat horro flick and they ruin it
still good tho compare to shit horrors lately

Deciding between Inside, Pulse, or The Autopsy of Jane Doe based on suggestions from you guys. Which should I watch tonight?

>Inside
Is that the French movie? I can't watch shit like that anymore.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe goes to shit after first half like said, watch Pulse, it's great.

Randomly watched this today. Was decent body horror, but intrigued me enough that I immediately watched the sequel.

I would give them a gander if you want a very interesting take on the Zombie movie subgenre, except starting at Patient Zero and being 100x more about the disease and body horror than the actual zombie part (There is maybe 5mins of actual zombie stuff between both movies)

ok i went over the top not to shit but get weaker compare to the first half of the movie

Yeah, it is; I haven't read up on any of them so I'm going into it blind, but I'll probably end up watching
because I saw the american remake when it came out and I remember liking it even though I think it scored poorly (but most horror movies do, anyways)

Inside or Pulse.

Someone, anyone, please watch this so I can discuss it with someone

It's an hour and 16 mins and it's on Netflix. You won't regret it, probably

Does anyone have any good recommendations for good psych/bizarre/body horror like taxidermia, irreversible, necromentia, lost highway, hellraiser, Salo etc?

I'm not sure if this qualifies as body horror but this is definitely bizarre

>7,000 million people in the world

Kek

the copied this imdb.com/title/tt2385074/
no zombies

there's a sequel but they both kinda shitty

post cute horror protags

Young Jennifer Aniston was the only good thing about this movie, such a qt.

Has anyone seen or heard good things about Raw? Cinematography looked good but it might also be feminist tryhard shit

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, and yeah, I recommend it if you're an open-minded horror fan.

Jennifer Aniston was in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

No I was talking about Leprechaun

I really liked it despite not being anything like the first one.

nah he's probably talking about whatever movie she's in

I'm looking for a nice horror film to watch. Suggestions? Preferably something rather new (I'm not looking for 70s-80s vibe) Already watched the autopsy of jane doe, the witch and the memedook

People are going to recommend It Follows, but you'll be disappointed by the second half

I'd give Creep a try, it's on netflix

It follows is shit, also watched that one, and that one about the blind dude who literally did nothing wrong (forgot its name).

Is that one paranormal? looking for something paranormal

I actually liked Don't Breathe, even though the kids were as unlikeable as the old man

Creep is two actors, and one's creepy basically. Good watch if you're into atmospheric movies

For paranormal I'd give The Wailing a try if you don't mind reading subtitles. Ghost movies are probably my least favorite genre of horror so I can't help much there

How do I come up with an interesting horror movie premise?

Why did they move to the blueridge mountains from portugal? Were they running from something? Why did the dad not give a shit his wife was killed? What was up with the killer?
This movie was like a pastiche of horror movie tropes with no unifying plot.
Or am I stupid?

Protagonist has life ruined by SJW's.

I think a lot of questions were just left unanswered because they weren't important to the story, which focused on the daughter

Also the husband was traumatized and practically didn't speak to his daughter through to his death, so you can't say he didn't give a shit

The killer killed for the thrill, and passed it on to the girl

What I don't get was why she was removing the eyes from her victims; I get that her mother was an eye surgeon but it really didn't make sense that she was removing eyes and keeping her victims alive for years just to eventually kill them

Anyone else excited for this? I watched the debut from this director (Krisha) and actually thought it was a pretty strong horror movie masquerading as a family drama.

Also, is A24 the best company out there at the moment for horror?

Never heard of Krisha, but IMDB classifies it as a comedy, drama

If I want a full-on horror movie, should I watch this? It looks interesting enough

Lights Out and Don't Breathe were alright.

I also liked Ouija 2... decent cast and cinematography.

Don't fall for this

I guarantee the movie has fake reviews, because nobody could possibly think this is as good as it's rated

Literally a movie about being a woman in the middle east

I think they're the best in general. In a world of giant apes and robots, super heroes and spaceships, it's nice to have alternatives

Lights out was trash. Dont breathe was alright.

Ouija 2 was a rather nice surprise but imo the CGI demon ruined it a lot, it was a fairly creepy movie until then

Haven't been watching much horror so far this year, but the last thing I watched that qualifies at least partially was Get Out, which I really enjoyed. DLing The Void right now because I'm a Lovecraft fan.

the trailer gave me anxiety, can't wait for it

The Wailing (2006)

Yes, I would recommend it.

>The Wailing
only film that's given me vivid nightmares

The general rule is that if a horror movie's director isn't a white male it's going to be absolute shit. I'd love to be proven wrong, and I'm sure there is an exception here or there, but 95% of the time you can pass if it isn't from a white guy.

Great setting and characters. Should have been 30 minutes longer.

I think you're just an idiot. Go watch The Conjuring 2.

Pic related. Kirsty, not Chatterer. Also, does the finger in the mouth even do anything to silence anyone

Have seen it. 6/10. Builds a nice creepy vibe and has a few great scenes.

>The Wailing

Link?

The only thing on IMDb is a 2016 Korean Movie and if there's melodramatic bullshit in there I'll be pissed.

even if he's referring to a different movie, the Korean one is 100% worth checking out

There is no 2006 Wailing, he meant 2016, don't get memed into watching it.

Watched Mulholland Drive a couple nights ago if that counts as a horror movie

He means 2016 and it's on netflix

If you don't want melodrama, don't watch this. There's probably a combined half hour of people obnoxiously crying, but if you can get past that, it's pretty good

Can anyone give me a horror movie where the protagonist acts like a real human and doesn't make idiotic decisions?

what is john carpenter's best movie and why is it in the mouth of madness

so they spoiled their own movie in the poster? kek what a bunch of morons

The Thing? The Exorcist? The MCs there act like regular people, mostly because they're pitted against powerful adversaries.

Alien had the problem you're talking about, now that I think about it

solarmoviez.to/movie/the-wailing-14809.html

TOP 3 HORROR BEFORE 2000
-
-
-

TOP 3 HORROR AFTER 2000
-
-
-

(I need movies for my backlog, please)

oops found the triggered shitskin

Does anyone else unironically like the TCM remake?

They're being haunted by a cgi bedsheet and the daughter is unbearable

>exorcist
>rosemary's babby
>tcm

>it follows
>martyrs
>eden lake

Idk. It's almost impossible to pick only three from each.

The 2003 and 2006 were good but that newest 3D one was shit.

Which one? I liked 3D just because of Daddario but it was a pretty bad movie

Finally got around to The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Not only did it completely pole-vault over my expectations, it made my list as one of the best films ever made in the 70s.

Even better, I live literally three hours away from the house from which it was filmed. Got moved and converted into a restaurant. Prices aren't even high.

Really liked Creep and it completely caught me off guard. Great performance by Mark Duplass, and one of the few found footage movies that worked like a charm.

It could be one of the only movies where the protagonist being a fucking idiot complemented the plot. Even the antagonist criticized his idiocy before twisting it in his head that that he actually wanted to get axed in the face.

How do I come up with an interesting horror movie premise?

I watched it for the first time a couple days ago, and same story. It's made me go back and watch other horror movies from the 70s and 80s that I wouldn't have otherwise, because older movies typically don't interest me at all.

There's none left

I really liked Eden Lake but wouldn't watch it twice... movie made my fucking blood boil.

>In the Mouth of Madness
>Alien
>The Thing
>No Country for Old Men I guess
>Psycho

steal from what's already been done

For me it's specifically the 70s in film that puts me off. The advent of video tape as a cheap alternative to film turned the whole decade into a clumsy mixed bag with a lot more bad than good. I consider it a golden age of awful, no-budget, garbage movies.

Even Chain Saw actually worked as well as it had almost by accident. Tobe Hooper wanted to avoid an R rating, and decided to replace sex and gore with atmosphere and creative antagonists.

>those puffy nipples

I don't really know what's been done, I hate horror movies.
I thought It Follows was interesting with bad execution, but It Follows was too popular to rip off.

>I hate horror movies

then why are you trying to come up with premises?

Can't wait to see what a shitshow this'll be. If it ever gets released that is.

Watched Shelley the other day. Creepy as fuck. I recommend it if you liked The VVitch.

Horror movies can be great in the right hands.

Make Get Out but a different race

>we'll never have a movie about this guy even though he used to knock heads clean off in his prime
>we have to settle for the big crossdressing retard of the family

Bollywood Get Out is my million dollar idea

Jesus, that's gotta be what, the tenth Texas Chainsaw movie?

I want to make a horror movie, removing everything I hate from the genre.
I liked the idea of the original Buffy movie where the main girl that needed to fight the ultimate evil was a dumb blonde, I want to do something like that, but I need a story to apply it to.

tfw no /horror/gf to go to conventions with
why even live?

tfw A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise is dead

>ripoff of Rosemary's Baby

okay, that's fair. what things do you hate about the genre?

Saw Lost Highway last night, I'm pretty certain in counts as a horror movie. Definitely an underrated Lynch, though probably not my favorite

Got this recently and already watched Waxwork, Chud 2, and Chopping Mall. I'd give them a 5/10, 7/10, and 8/10 in that order

Which one should I watch next?

Added to my list

I'll watch it after Pulse and maybe Krisha, but it doesn't seem the latter is a horror movie

>three hours long
>four dance scenes, three of those dream sequences
>a talking animal
>massive chase/fight scene where the elderly streetshitters put on white man terminator robot suits and try to hunt down the protagonist

This.

Slaughter High is good for some laffs. Loads of English actors trying and failing to sound American

rip robert :(

But HE'S BACK
youtube.com/watch?v=Ulz7-TPOZW0