The Amazing Spider-Man Movies ‘Weren’t Disasters’ Says Director

>“It’s hard for me to think about it, in terms of regrets. There are so many things that I’m proud of. There was an ambition with the second movie, in particular. The idea that it’s a superhero that can’t save everybody is something that I’m really proud of. I’m really proud of the ambition of that because it’s an important message, and I believe in that. I believe in what we were after. They’re really, really difficult movies to make. They’re complex in ways that people don’t fully understand. They weren’t disasters.”

>Webb went on to say that he doesn’t have any regrets and was grateful for the team that made it happen:

>“In terms of regrets, I don’t think of it in those terms. I felt really, really fortunate to have that opportunity. That’s a whole other long, in-depth conversation that I probably shouldn’t have publicly. I loved everybody involved. I really did. I didn’t have an adversarial relationship with the studio, at all. There were a lot of very smart people. These are just incredibly complicated movies to make. I am proud of them, in many ways, and I stand by them. I’m certainly not a victim, in that situation.”

They were shite Webb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WfV-0Yv5vNY
youtube.com/watch?v=rD3GHfCYcuw
youtube.com/watch?v=DXP8CGG7XtU
youtube.com/watch?v=lQqSeAPvph0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The first one was OK and a lot of redditors said it was better than the OT. Then all the sudden when asm2 came out, all the redditors abandoned the series.

did he even fucking watch them?

He's right.

"The Amazing Spider-Man" was genuinely good. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" was deeply flawed but still had some great scenes.

Had they followed Webb's original plans it'd probably have been a more succesful franchise.

I liked Andrew Garfeild more than Toby McGuire. I think highly like both abetter Peter AND a better Spiderman. Shame that Gwen was cast by such a terrible actress.

It's called "retroactive hate" and the series was a victim of it for sure.

Name one good scene in 2

Its one of the worst superhero movies

Am I the only one who liked nu-Goblin?

Gwen's death scene was tense and well acted by Garfield. The CGI web-hand was a nice touch, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=WfV-0Yv5vNY

youtube.com/watch?v=rD3GHfCYcuw

youtube.com/watch?v=DXP8CGG7XtU

youtube.com/watch?v=lQqSeAPvph0

I enjoyed all of these.

Honestly, TASM3 and S6 would be so much better than what we are getting now

Isn't that the question of the day?

I think it would have been nice to see him mutate more over time in a third movie, but yeah he was cool. The actor really sold that role for me.

No. It really, really wouldn't.

I like Dane Dehaan, I think he was a good choice. I did not like cutting Norman out in favor of Harry, though. I did not like that he was shoehorned in with Electro - pick one or the other.

>trailer for new spiderman, or should I say CGIderman looks like cut scenes from an early PS3 game

It looks like complete shit but you underage faggots that don't even know what cgi is eat it up anyway

yes, it would

Right. Iron Man 4: Featuring Spider Man and Zendaya looks so much better.

>The CGI web-hand was a nice touch, too.

No, you're wrong and you need to stop thinking this and anything like this.

Sup Forums only hates these films because it's still considered contrarian to do so. As soon as Homecoming comes out, watch as all the autists on this board love that too, before suddenly claiming a few months later that MCU Spider-Man is shit and that ASM1 was good.

The only good Spidey movies are the Raimi movies.

FACT

See you absolute retard

one thing i'm really noticing watching that first clip is that the music is fucking terrible. was that in the original? it's awful.

also giammati was a disaster as was the entire rhino concept and 'plot'

"Maek movie is complicatud hurr"
That's a Bioware level excuse right there.

Read the thread, it's already happening.

>The CGI web-hand was a nice touch, too.
this is bait

I really like how Spider-Man moves in the action scenes