I don't get it

I don't get it

>It's an speak fast in lingo so viewers think the script is intelligent episode

Poor people say the same thing about the way I talk all the time. Truth is, they're just dumb.

Carell is a terrible actor

>I use language as a means to project my perceived superiority and not to communicate

Any college educated individual should be able to understand the movie. It doesn't go into detail deeper than freshman economics and an intro to finance course, with maybe some more detail into things like asset backed securities but there's literally a presentation scene that describes them.

2008 Housing crisis for dummies

Why do all of these shitty holywood explanations for the crisis always intentionally ignore the federal reserve's involvement?

The fed is basically responsible for the entire thing by creating trillions of dollars and giving it to these banks.

Sometimes you have to use big words. There are no other more basic words for things like "propagate", "convex", "Senate Armed Services Committee" and "conjugation" . I can't help it if a person didn't read any fucking books in school.

It's just a stupid meme movie for pseudo intellectuals. It's basically making the trend of disaster films (13 hours, sully, deepwater horizon) "hip and intelligent" for the crowd that really likes to think

>movie about political/economic history
>get upset when people talk about it
go back to re ddit

>movie about political/economic history
>Let me tell you about this Jewish conspiracy theory.

>dogshit wrapped in catshit

What the fuck are you talking about?
Nobody was talking about jews whatsoever.

Are you okay?

you're the one that said it's a jewish conspiracy
He was just talking about the fed

dude rich white people lmao

You don't need to be a meteorologist to see what way the wind is blowing. Now fuck off back to Sup Forums.

I really don't get it? What does Sup Forums have to do with the fed?

>You don't need to be a meteorologist to see what way the wind is blowing.

>there are people THIS triggered over what amounts to absolutely nothing

The only thing triggering me is how many of you faggots there are on the TV and Film board and how much you suck at talking about either. You fuckers should stay on your containment board until you at least get good at talking about politics.

The question is what does the fed have to do with the housing market collapse of 2007? The answer is "not much". If someone brings up the fed in any context other than bond yields and interest rates they're 9 times out of 10 about to say some retarded shit from Sup Forums

You're not even keeping the "I'm not Sup Forums" theatre anymore, I see.

>everyone who disagrees with me is Sup Forums

Just fucking kill yourself already, honestly. You are the cancer killing this board.

>The question is what does the fed have to do with the housing market collapse of 2007?
Literally everything and I explained why.

>If someone brings up the fed in any context other than bond yields and interest rates they're 9 times out of 10 about to say some retarded shit from Sup Forums
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So anyone criticizing the federal reserve is an evil neonazi from Sup Forums?
How fucking brainwashed are you?

>The answer is "not much". If someone brings up the fed in any context other than bond yields and interest rates they're 9 times out of 10 about to say some retarded shit from Sup Forums
A better question is why are you such a corporate bootlicker?

>So anyone criticizing the federal reserve is an evil neonazi from Sup Forums?
No, just an idiot who doesn't understand how the federal reserve works.

>No, just an idiot who doesn't understand how the federal reserve works.
Instead of yelling and screaming like a maniac, why don't you criticize what I said about the fed causing the boom and bust?

Oh wait you can't because you're a brainwashed leftist and wrong.

>why don't you criticize what I said about the fed causing the boom and bust?
Because this is the Television & Film board and I'm not here to coach some idiot through how central banking works. Shit would be a waste of my time anyway since I have not once seen a Sup Forumstard change their views based on information.

>Because this is the Television & Film board
Yes and this is a film that we are discussing the plot.

>I'm not here to coach some idiot through how central banking works.
Because you're empirically wrong and a corporate bootlicker?

>Shit would be a waste of my time anyway since I have not once seen a Sup Forumstard change their views based on information.
Oh the fucking irony.

Prison Mike was great in this.

Nobody brought up Jews until this guy
What a fucking moron and/or 6/10 troll.

Having a problem with the federal reserve is not the same as having a problem with jews. Seriously what a fucking dipshit.

>mfw Prison Mike makes an appearance right after Jared's pitch

>implying your problem with the fed isn't about jews.

haha baited me nice job you got me again haha have another couple of (You)s on the house

check it out (You)(You)(You)

feel better? i sure do

It was actually a good movie though.

>Implying I can't troll you and be right at the same time.

in essence
>responsibility's cool
>but there's more things in life
>like gettin your dick
>rode all fuckin night

(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)

Satisfied yet user? I can hold ctrl v all day

>Literally everything and I explained why.

this is wrong. you're wrong. the federal reserve will create money to lend no matter what, the only thing that changes is the rate.

stop trying to sound smart. you aren't.

>propagate
breed, reproduce

>this is wrong. you're wrong.
No, you're wrong.
:^)

>the federal reserve will create money to lend no matter what
Of course. This isn't a good thing. This is why the collapse happened.

You're literally a corporate cocksucker that believes the government should create trillions of dollars and give it to bankers, wall street and large corporations while the rest of us suffer.

>stop trying to sound smart. you aren't.
Tough talk from the guy that just got btfo.

Because Hollywood is 100% liberal, and Democrats loooooove the fed. Hell, they made a goddamn hip-hop musical about the guy responsible for it.

Lol you are a joke. I hope you're just having a laugh.

>>No, you're wrong.

no

stop posting

>Of course. This isn't a good thing. This is why the collapse happened.

no it isn't

stop posting

I meant propagate as in to propagate information.
You can say it in other ways with multiple smaller words but there's no single small word that does the job. "Spread" almost works but not quite.

>get absolutely btfo and have no argument
>N-NO U!!!

Keep sucking corporate cock lmao

>hmm, how can I articulate my point about the Fed more clearly?
>"Keep sucking corporate cock lmao"
>Brilliant.

>getting triggered by both the detailed arguments against your delusional worldview AND the insults that came after

Oh dear...

>electromagnetic waves breed through space

>"Spread" almost works but not quite
it works fine.

>detailed arguments
>"Keep sucking corporate cock lmao"
I hope I can be a rhetorical genius like you someday.

It was 3 groups of people doing the exact same fucking thing.

>>detailed arguments
Yes like:
and
>>"Keep sucking corporate cock lmao"
Yes, that was the insult you got triggered by.

Come on, you're almost there.

eh.... not quite. "spread" implies it's indiscriminate (another big word without a small word alternative). "Propagate" implies that the information is intended for specific parties.

I'm clearly the one getting triggered in this conversation.

You don't even deny the fact you're probably a corporate shill.

>I'm clearly the one getting triggered in this conversation.
Yes, yes you are lol.

>Situation:
Person isn't afraid of the fed
>Possibilities:
[_] He knows more about central banking than I do
[X] He's been paid off by the jooz

>Person isn't afraid of the fed
Nobody is "afraid" of the fed user. We're saying it's extremely corrupt by it's very nature and fucks over the working class by reducing our living standards.

>He knows more about central banking than I do
You keep saying this without being able to defend yourself. Pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

>be a Sup Forumstard
>walk around triggered all the time over the dumbest things
>accuse others of being triggered
Why do Sup Forumstards think it only counts as "triggered" when someone on the left does it? Lefties are easy going folks, You guys are literally angry all the time. It's like your hobby.

>everyone I don't like is Sup Forums
and then there's this asshole
kill yourself you manipulative fuck

>fucks over the working class by reducing our living standards.
By keeping mortgages cheap for nearly 10 years?

>implying you're not Sup Forums

>be a raging SJW leftist
>walk around being extremely triggered if someone says something that even slightly deviates from your insane radical worldview
>accuse others of being triggered
This is honestly too good.
Nobody even mentioned Sup Forums and you start screaming about it and autisming all over the thread lmao

>By keeping mortgages cheap for nearly 10 years?
You mean by making housing prices extremely cheap and trapping people into a cycle of debt slavery that they'll never be able to pay back?
Look at housing prices in Vancouver and tell me central banks do a good job. Nobody can afford these houses, the concept of having your house "paid off" is a fantasy now.

>This is how you act. I know because Sup Forums told me so.
If you're not from Sup Forums then why don't you say so?

>By keeping mortgages cheap for nearly 10 years?
Yeah I'm sure this isn't exactly what caused the housing crisis, you absolute retard.

>implying you're not mad

Why did this movie never mention the Community Reinvestment Act as a cause of the defaults?

mean't to say making housing prices very *expensive

not cheap, obviously

>prove to me you're not Sup Forums
LOL

Mortgage rates =/= housing prices
Mortgages being cheap encurages housing prices go up
The fed doesn't force people to get a mortgage. You are welcome to rent for your entire life if you wish.

My first house will be paied off in 5 years. Just bought a second one to use as an income property. My mortgages rates are outstanding.
If you don't want a house then don't buy a house. no ones forcing you.

>Why did this movie never mention the Community Reinvestment Act as a cause of the defaults?
Because it's liberal holywood.

They aren't going to mention this, fannie and freddie OR the federal reserve.

They're just going to lie to you and pretend the "free market" is what caused the crash.

You look ridiculous at this point. People genuinely getting mad that others make political points in a tv/film forum on a shithole website.

It's just futile and terribly silly to be complaining about these things on Sup Forums--especially given that your complaints will do nothing.

You don't actually think that complaining will make "Sup Forums" stop coming here or discussing anything, do you? That's stupid.

>Mortgages being cheap encurages housing prices go up
No fucking shit. That's why I said they're expensive. It makes them expensive and paying them off is IMPOSSIBLE.

>The fed doesn't force people to get a mortgage.
lol but it made it extremely easy to get a mortgage when a free market wouldn't have done this

>My first house will be paied off in 5 years
Doubtful.
Everyone else is royally fucked and will never be able to pay off their house. They'd actually SAVE MONEY if they rented their entire lives.

You can't even say it.
Why are you doing this whole song and dance pretending to not be Sup Forums? Who do you think is falling for it? It's not like I'm going to take you more seriously.

lol, point taken

>Having a problem with the federal reserve is not the same as having a problem with jews
yeah of course its what it means, just because youre too fucking stupid to realize it doesnt change that

>p-prove you're not Sup Forums

>Who do you think is falling for it?
Everyone in this thread is laughing at you.

>Lefties are easy going folks
is that why they burn their neighborhoods all the time while protesting democracy?

>yeah of course its what it means, just because youre too fucking stupid to realize it doesnt change that
This guy is fucking insane. Holy shit.

It's like he's uber-brainwashed or something.

If housing prices go up it doesn't help the fed, it means people selling their houses get more money and people building houses can build even more.
I think it's great if you want to rent, that means it should be easier to find someone to pay my mortgage for me.

>you're an antisemite if you criticise the corrupt shit your government is doing

You haven't demonstrated one ounce of knowledge about the topic here. All you've done is jumped the terribly sloppy conclusion that criticizing the Fed is nazism.

Just calling people nazis because they might disagree with something you say is about as intellectually fraudulent and cowardly as you can get.

Not asking for proof, just say it.

>Lefties are easy going folks

Another delusion you've convinced yourself of to support your inaccurate worldview. Like a Christian telling himself that God works in mysterious ways.

I'm not Sup Forums

>If housing prices go up it doesn't help the fed
Nobody is talking about things "helping the fed".

>it means people selling their houses get more money
It means people buying houses have to pay far far more money than they would have. It means people have to spend their entire lives paying off their houses.

>people building houses can build even more.
When the cost of capital goes up it becomes more difficult to build houses.

>I think it's great if you want to rent, that means it should be easier to find someone to pay my mortgage for me.
Enjoy being a debt slave. I'll take the money I don't waste on home ownership and invest it elsewhere.

Because fucking with the fed is a great way to get disappeared.

Like I said before, I could explain central banking to you but I don't want to. You can by all means read a fucking book sometime.

You should have said that like 10 posts ago.

You're a weird autist, but maybe you can sleep now

I'm not Sup Forums.
Nobody here is Sup Forums.

Please stop posting before you hurt yourself.

>I COULD disprove your arguments but I don't want to
This never stops being funny to me.
You keep getting btfo and then saying "I don't even need an argument bawwww"

>I'll take the money I don't waste on home ownership and invest it elsewhere.
lol no, you'll spend it on housing without building equity.

lol. For the 20th time, you make a post that says nothing substantive.

>You should read a book if you don't understand how criticizing the Fed is nazism.

lmao ok bud

ask yourself if YOU would bother trying to explain complex ideas to someone you thought was retarded.

Jesus Christ I didn't even know the fed internet defense force was a thing.

>When the cost of capital goes up

you mean, when the federal funds rate goes up?

faggot

>debt slavery is "equity"
If you are never able to pay off your house, the money you invest in your house is pointless. You could rent for that same period and your life would be easier because you would have to pay far far less by renting.

PLUS even if you wanted to buy a house your options are very limited to shitty small houses because the price of houses has skyrocketed.

Enjoy paying a fuckton of money for your shack.

Especially when it's accepted science. After all, every economist thinks central banking is the best way to go, right?