What's the most spiritual kino that you've ever watched?

What's the most spiritual kino that you've ever watched?

Groundhog Day

47 Ronin, probably

>when travis tries to reconnect with his son
>his son wants nothing to do with him and walks away when he goes to pick him up from school
>the look of utter defeat and regret on his face

I called my dad afterwards, just to talk with him

If you haven't read Roadside Picnic (the book this kino was based on ) I would HIGHLY recommend doing so.

thats not CTANKEP

Can you provide some context regarding the message it was trying to deliver? I'm aware that Tarkovsky wasn't a fan of symbolism/metaphors and that the zone in his adaptation is just what it appears to be. Was there a broader social commentary present in Roadside Picnic, maybe one related to the USSR?

>I'm afraid I just blue myself

EoE

Well as you know there is a thing in the Zone that can grant wishes, but only grants the persons deepest desire. I think that the message could that humanity is morally altruistic. Idk that's just my interpretation

I have it on my coffee table but I just can't finish it

The fountain.

Why not? I realize the middle chapter is a bit slow, but it gets good

>zone gives us what we want
>hey, i know a guy who went in wanting his dead brother back
>he got a bunch of money
>he killed himself
they all stand outside if and don't do what they set out to do
the scientist wants to blow it up, pretty obvious what the subtext is there i think, forgot about the others, but its important that none of them end up going in and end up kind of bonding outside

like a lot of sci fi, the existence of the room is an injunction by fantasy into reality that isn't what we would think it is, in this case; weeee dream machine weeee

Are you quoting from the movie or the book

I'm at the part where he finds out his girlfriend is pregnant. I believe his buddy just died as well.

So that's the beginning right? My memory is foggy. I know there's only like 4 chapters but they are kinda lengthy

movie mayne

Terminator 2

HURR DURR KINO AM I RIGHT KINO MUH KINO SO KINO EPIC MINO MUH KINO I'M A KINO FAGGOT SO KINO MUH KINO MEME DURRRRRR KINO KINO KINO KINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enter the Void had some nice elements of spirituality, not that I subscribe to them.

Still waiting for a film that gets the message of the cosmic network across.

Oh OK because in the book end a little differently

Literally me at least once a week

As opposed to figuratively?

Keep in mind Stalker was partly written by the Strugatsky bros.

Yes, literally not-figuratively

Doesn't come close to this scene, though.

>HBO plays this right after he dies

titanic

yes its pretty lame but I had a pot brownie and just chilled the fuck out watching tv after a bad day and it came on. I sat there in silence, close to tears just overwhelmed by a mix of emotions. Carpe diem, wanting to go get more out of life, realizing how petty most of my problems were and the ones that werent I need to fix, wanting to be like jack, care free and adventurous, ect

still one of my favorite movies and watching experiences

Because you prayed for god to end the film?

>never seen a bluer guy

The Mirror is his best movie

A Chinese ghost story

The Holy Mountain. Or any Jodorowsky movie, really.

ye but god didn't listen did he

Andrei Rublev or End of Evangelion

Barbettes Feast

The favourite film of Papa Francis

Hannah and Her Sisters

I fucking hate that poster. You can never see shit.

Woah dude