Okay Sup Forums, I need your help

Okay Sup Forums, I need your help.
I live in Europe, and ever since the new school year (last september) we got an exchange student from america... Who's totally into sports, american ones. So anytime he says something he deems cool or funny he doesn't get any reaction out of us, because we simply don't know what the fuck he's talking about. Since I feel bad about it, and I'm pretty curious, could you please briefly explain to me what some phrases like
>false start, everybody but the center
mean?
There's also a few more others, but this is the only one I can remember, lol. Pic related is your country's flag. Like you don't know, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5phijpb1Hjk
youtu.be/bJBjxnH4wP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i think that's from a movie.

I guess I'll help the black guy out. It means u moved when you shouldn't have like in track they have track in Italy, right!?!

>false start, everybody but the center
youtube.com/watch?v=5phijpb1Hjk

>Who's totally into sports
>american ones
so, which is it?

I've been watching handegg for 7 years now and i had no idea this was a thing

swing and a miss

I tried

Yeah, the false start we know what it was, our doubt was about the second part. That
>everybody but the center
didn't make any sense whatsoever. Actually, iirc he says that a lot... But it never made sense.

The center is the guy who snaps the ball in American football. Basically he's the guy who initiates the play so if he fucks up and doesn't snap the ball or the line didn't hear what the QB said for the snap count it'll result in a false start on everyone but the center.

Also, no defensive lineman is allowed to position himself in front of the center pre-snap.

Just explain moto gp to him

RIP nosetackle position. Fun position to play in high school but not allowed after that.

I don't know if you're still here op, but this is what your friend means and is referring too

youtu.be/bJBjxnH4wP0

There used to be a lot of nosetackles when I was a kid, I wondered what happened to that

Rule changes made them fade into a basically non existent position. Also with the way the current NFL is structured there really isn't a need for a nose tackle. It's a position for guys who might not have the speed of a CB or OLB but aren't as big and lumbering as a DT.

That's not true. How the fuck would a 3-4 work then? That rule only applies to special teams long snappers because their head is down.

Wait a minute this is like real life Green Street Hooligans? Nice. How do I sign up as the guy who snitches him?

What's funny is that Americans ITT are talking about snaps and nose tackles without explaining what they are

In a thread designed for explaining what American sports terms mean

He could just Google them like an unlazy fuck.

even worse the guy explaining it is completely fucking wrong about what a nose tackle is.

>nose tackle
>smol boy

maybe in high school when no one knows what the fuck they're doing. NT is supposed to be largest guy and doubles as a DT.

Google is a good friendo but for lazy fucks:
Nose Tackle (nose gaurd) is a defensive lineman played in the center of the defensive line. Called a Nose Tackle because he lines up directly over the nose of the football. His entire job is to basically fuck up the center and anyone else who comes his way which is why he needs to be the biggest and not small like other user said.

The snap is when the center gives the ball to the person initiating the play (99% of the time it's the quarter back). This is initiated by throwing the ball between their legs in either a short snap (basically handing the ball directly to the QB) or a long snap (throwing the ball backwards a distance to the whoever is initiating the play on a long snap).

Until the ball is snapped the play has not been initiated which is how you end up with false start penalties.