Were these meme characters thrown in just to appeal to the Asian market?

Were these meme characters thrown in just to appeal to the Asian market?

pandering to China is extremely important for big budget movies now

Fuck you Donnie is the best.
If you dont already love him then I suggest you watch some of his films

They were probably more memorable than most characters in the movie, but that's a pretty low bar

The whole movie was thrown together to appeal to as many markets as possible. So yeah.

Diversity Checkbox: The Film

>if you removed them from the movie it would have little to no effect on the actual story

they were not in the script originally and when written in had 1 real storyline role (pressing a button on the beach). The only other purpose they had was to include more meaningless action scenes

>they were not in the script originally
Got a source for that?

If I remember correctly they're the ones who save Jyn and the mexican on Jedha. They also lead them to the big black guy (whitaker). I wouldn't say those action sequences are at all meaningless because those moments add conflict to the story and up the stakes; would you really have wanted a film where Jyn simply walks in and takes the plans to death star without shooting a single storm trooper? I'm glad you're not a filmmaker.

>putting an asian character in a movie is pandering to china
How stupid do you have to be to have this line of thinking

Yes they were just thrown in for the Chinese market, but they were also the best characters in the movie (even though the movie was garbage overall).

How many asian characters were there in Star Wars before TFA?

donnie yen was the best part of that movie

Right? I guess they were pandering to the Australian market when they cast Ben Mendelsohn as Krennic.

yes they were, he was used to spearhead advertizing here, ya fuckin moron

Everything about Rogue One is a meme... I watched it with minimal expectation and was still let down. I wasn't prepared forbit to be such a childrens movie after people telling me it's such a dark episode...i didn't care for any of the characters and the actions they took were meme tier bullshit.

The asian guy pretty much made the movie interesting. Most of the good action was just the Asian guy. The rest I nearly fell asleep.

Digits confirm.

There was that asian rebel pilot in Jedi. He yelled "I'm hit!"

No, they clearly had the most effort put into their characters besides Krennic and the droid.

That scene where he did all that kung fu shit was really out of place.

They were THIS close to greatness.

no they were there to show the rebellion is comprised of worthless scum that has no respect/concern for the order that protected the common people for thousands of years. i liked them.

fuck off. them and the robot are all what a i cared about in the movie. maybe the captain as well. bunnyfu is so bad at acting i didn't even care about her plight at all

The nemoidians.

Whitaker's character was actually in the Clone Wars animated series, but I don't know if they shoehorned him into Rogue One. Not sure about Donnie Yen's.