Hey Sup Forums. Let's write our own lovecraftian, cosmic horror movie. Give me

Hey Sup Forums. Let's write our own lovecraftian, cosmic horror movie. Give me
>Setting
>Theme
>Characters
>Main plot
I'm thinking small town rural. A secret order of cultist, zealots, after years of attempting so Summon an ancient, transdimentional God, so they can ascend to a higher plane do manage to summon...something. Whatever this being is, seeks to infect the whole town with its knowledge, transforming the once gentle towns folk, into grotesque abominations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gSs8g0eOOi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a squid walks into a bar

A ancient one attempting to influence Earth from the cosmos is the cause of all humans nightmares from the beginning of mankind when they sleep but only now it's found a uniquely brain damage childs mind that allows it to unlock its full potential when he sleeps. The God can control and turn other humans into zombies like worshippers if they happen of been sleeping at the same time. While the child sleeps one night while his father who is a cop is working late the old one takes ahold of the child's mind and the father begins to recieve calls of mass violence and riots starting slow and getting crazier through the night. Eventually the father comes back home to get his family as the sourounding town is slowly falling into chaos as more and more people fall asleep and are turned Into savage killers. When he wakes up his son after narrowly escaping his wife and other children who are now murderous zombies he discovers his remaining children wake from their trance and become normal again but not before having to kill his wife. Still not fully grasping the effect he takes his kids and goes to the police station where eventually the word comes in things are calming down after mass casualty the tard son falls asleep in his chair with his brothers and them and the sleeping prisoners stand up and begin to try and attack the station again.

Cont one second

the bar is made of fish

tentacles come shooting out of OPs mums ass and slap him around abit

The father sees his tard son still sleeping and grabs him while trying to escape waking him and after breaking the trance on the others he now realizes his son sleeping is causing this effect on people the rest of the movie we can still write but the plot goes on to where the father tries to get help from the government who turn the boy over to a secret government team who turn out to be occult worshippers of the old one they give the child a drug to keep him sleeping almost indefinitely in a coma to usher in the gods will. The father steals the boy back and now must stay awake for days as he protects his family from the zombie people and occult it government the story gets more interesting as time goes on and eventually one of the brothers falls asleep and can't stay awake anymore in a emotional scene and the father has to kill him to save the rest and eventually the father and remaining son are slowly losing their mind from lack of sleep protecting the tard they begin to see the old one and it's gigantic presence in the sky as it approaches along with horrifying Lovecraft like creatures who are walking amongst them feeding on the zombies the father before falling asleep realizes the only way to save his son and probably the world is to kill his tard son which he does and the end we see killing the tard released him into a light being for Ala "beyond the walls of sleep" and pushes the old one back to the cosmos and becomes a star in the sky just to suck lovecrafts dick like op wants

More details will follow

The other details to work with is when you die you or are killed by the zombie trance people you become one as in your brain sleeps before death

The father had insomnia from the beginning giving him a believable edge in staying awake

The tard was always another warring God of the old one born into the boys body specifically to lure him to destroy it.

There could be deeper lore by showing reports of millions of schizophrenia sufferers and introverted mental patients and tard children the like becoming normal after the old one is destroyed due to them being earlier attempts of the God trying to Influence them but breaking their minds with nightmares

DUDE TENTACLES LMAO

San Diego
with frat bros and sorority sluts

Mass killers such as famous serial killers and people through history are shown to be known by the occult government to be precursors of the old one who only could influence them specifically and some one like Manson or if you want to be a kike about it hitler were a way for the old one to speak through the human and influence others to kill remotely in early attempts which feed the Lovecraftian craters the murderous energies they need to bring the old one to Earth

The people in the trance will some times deform themselves and mutilate themselves and appear even more scary for instance the cop come home and his wife is is cutting her face off and something horrible, writing a good introduction to the character as a loving family with a pretty mother taking care of her family and tard son that the audience connects to is a must and should be very emotional to see her in this state

Dont quit your day job.

The tard son can be shown to only speak when having unexplainable outbursts while sleeping from a young age when he speaks in uncharacteristic intelligent/cryptic yells about cosmic deities and battles in dimensions and a burning quest for revenge against the old one thats lead him through infinite eons of pain, as another reference to beyond the wall of sleep.

I won't I can hrd type correctly m8 no delusions here lol

Hardly*
Why don't you collaborate with some suggestions

>hospital
>loss
>a cop a nurse and some weirdos
>a cop a nurse and some weirdos have to survive a hospital surrounded by spooky cultists, as well as tentacles

Lovecraft is for losers who are too lame for Pokemon.

>Setting
London in late 1800's
>Theme
Empire brings dark horrors from far forgotten corners of the earth.
>Characters
Explorer types; moustaches and whisky who run a shipping company.
>Main Plot
Some recent immigrants are cultists from a more ancient order, universities turning to cultism, signals from space to the astronomical society, expeditions to unseen and unsettling lands.

Mine's a tv show, /tv.

Could be cool

Never write a screenplay holy shit

>>Characters
>Explorer types; moustaches and whisky who run a shipping company.
Make that an explorer and an ex jesuit who recanted in Japan.

Noice.

Eh it's better than the void.

Kek

>I have the flu
>Least I don't have AIDS

The void is aids Hahhahah

Thanks, opening episode a tropical island with yetis, explorer trying to catch them. There are temples and symbols and shit everywhere.
Months later, he disembarks in London with a wooly haired man beast in a bamboo cage. It breaks free and disappears into the east end.

Just take the heat Jeremy/Steven. Whichever one of you is up.

Sounds like Penny Dreadful.

>Setting
Coastal England. Small mining town. Decrepit manor estate turned hotel. Underlying cave system. 1920’s

>Characters
Visiting geology professor, American on sabbatical, staying at manor to survey local caves/mines.
Suspicious Village man, spends lot of time eye fucking protagonist.
Suspicious, slutty manor owner, an heiress, wise beyond her years. forced to turn manor to hotel after family falls on hard times.
Suspicious other guests. Old seeming catatonic woman, non-english speaking turkish gentleman, german newlyweds. Dog and child.

>Main plot

Professor visits town to survey cave system. Stays at manor. Caves deeper then anticipated. Perturbed by noises, sounds, and glimpses of things in caves. Dreams at manor become progressively more lurid and disturbing. Guests appear more and more monstrous. German wife disappears. Turkish man seems demonic. Dog and boy appear to fuse into one. Old lady offers cryptic warnings. Village man demands him to leave. Manor skank keeps trying to ride that professor bone. Her family might have a shitty, culty past. More bad dreams. Professor becomes convinced things in cave. Thinks their sleeping. Might wake soon. Try to warns people. Hotel in disarray, Hans kills turk, then himself. Village shows up to hang professor for murders. Heiress gone, tunnel under hotel. escapes under tunnel. Attempts to bomb entrance to keep them inside. Succeeds, but now trapped. Spoopy sounds as things wake up.

>Sup Forums spends several threads shitting on The Void
>"Hey guys let's come up with our own cosmic horror"
>All bad ideas so far.
Maybe Lovecraft just fucking sucks, guys. You ever think of that? Didn't he ape some shit off of The King in Yellow? I read that, I thought it was good.

>maybe Lovecraft sucks guys
>thinks this delegitimize our criticisms of the void or some how legitimized a movie trying to be Lovecraftian

>Maybe Lovecraft just fucking sucks

No man it's just that some shit doesn't work when adapted into a feature.

City in the same vein as New York, focusing on characters that are all middle class that somehow get sucked into the deep underbelly in the cracks of the city.
Lot's of psychological themes and incorporation's of drug use.
The end should be left in the air whether all the scenes were hallucinations from drugs or truly happened.

>Sup Forums spends countless days having The Void shilled
>"Hey guys check out this totally lovecraftian movie"
>Shills get upset when people want to force some of their own dogshit down their throats
Maybe you should read some Lovecraft instead of parroting opinions and what you've read on wikipedia. All this "tentacles, monsters, cosmic horrors etc" are just tidbits idiots who've not read his work (not saying you but others) and think that's all it's about. It's not.

Someone cap this entire thread. This is why we are all on Sup Forums and not selling screenplays.

But muh del Toro of Madness!! The art department! Look at what we came up with!

Also fuck you if you think we completely abandoned the theme of Lovecraft. We have tentacles.

this is the plot of In the Mouth of Madness

>Also fuck you if you think we completely abandoned the theme of Lovecraft. We have tentacles.
I don't understand what this means. I'm not saying we abandoned it, i'm saying alot of people that hype on about his work focus on only those or a combination of those features and say this is exactly what makes lovecraft.
It's not. Like I said, lovecrafts works featured alot more than just tentacles and monsters.

If you guys want a true, good, and fucking spooky adaptation, please play this

i'd watch it

And/or they could play one of the old CoC point n clicks you can buy or pir8.

not bad

seriously though, don't look up spoilers, don't watch let's plays, if you have a PS4 and have the means to (Borrow it senpai, there's always ebay or craiglist) then I SWEAR by this game, just go in blind, being quite frank with you senpai

Also, get the expansion pack (The Old Hunters) trust me, this is some real shit right here

(OP)
>Setting
Paris modern days
>Theme
A mysterious plag infects black people and arabs, turning them to crazy skinless self-eating hobos.
>Characters
A bunch of students and biologists trying to figure out the origin of this plag.
>Main Plot
A mysterious plag infects black people and arabs in Paris, turning them to crazy self-eating hobos. After eating their own flesh, the hobos start attacking other people. A team of students try to figure out what's going on before it's too late.

That's basically the opening of Braindead

I just realized that Fox Mulder is probably the closest thing we've had to a Lovecraftian protagonist in popular media. I suppose the guys in the Hellraiser movies who seek out the box also qualify.

It turns out that it's all linked to their origin. The plag was released by an ancient deity in Africa, cursing them for leaving their homeland.

like it

>Setting
tentacles isle
>Theme
something tentacly
>Characters
man with a mass of tentacles for a face
>Main plot
love story

>Antarctica
>giant ice walls
>hints at ancient lost civilization
>giant penguins

SOMEONE PLEASE FUND THIS MOVIE reeeeeeeeeee

>there will never be a Stanley Kubrick adaptation of At the Mountains of Madness

Hot 20's summer, the stars are right, nyarlathotep comes to town. A meteor have hit the ground. The heat causes fever and strange dreams of forgotten city. Weird shit on the news. Archeological discoveries at the museum. Asylum residents are more insane than usual. One of them is missing.
Basically a mix of various novels in a canicula setting, you all have experienced those hot summers when the world seemed to have stopped.
Nyarlhatotep came to town to show it's weird invention but he is here to use that new artefact from the museum to merge our world with the dreamlands, with the help of insane people escaped from the asylum.

And in the end everyone dies. The bad guys win. And if the jew producer want a love story it's between two old people, like 60yo.

And the soundtrack will use isochronic tones to induce altered states of mind. Making people getting really fucked up. The movie about madness that really makes you crazy.
So meta..

can the opening credits start with "HOT TIME SUMMER IN THE CITY!" ?

Me and a friend wrote a text game with Lovecraftian themes in Scotland called "Highlands, Deep Waters". Does it count?

It's about the investigation of a series of crime with occult implications over the span of a decade.

Think about True Detective but without running away from the dark stuff at the end.

I can't even beat the first miniboss though, fuck my life

>Setting
Maine, late autumn, the old heir of a mansion has found access to caves below the foundations. The idea is that the heir never had any interest in the mansion before, so the building has been abandoned for decades.
>Theme
A team of scientists explore an underground cave which leads them to discover what could have been the origin of humanity, and what caused them to abandon the caves.
>Characters
Team of anthropologists, archaeologists and geologists and the old owner of the mansion.
>Main plot
Quite simply 'Rats in the Walls', but expanded so the characters investigate further, the whole anthropology element of the story would be covered in the first half, leaving the second half to focus on what came before, what lurked and what lurks in the abyssal pits.

Gasgione?

the cunt with the axe in the left corner past the mob

I have one in mind.
youtube.com/watch?v=gSs8g0eOOi8
>1920, USA, Los-Angeles
>main character is PI, hired by a woman to find a stolen chinese artifact
>a woman's husband was a collector-enthusiast, studying Asian mythology/demonology before he went insane
>the artifact is a statuette of Tiangou, a Heavenly Dog, a God-who-eats-the-Moon
>trace leads PI to Chinatown, to strange cult of Tiangou worshipers
Kinda have that idea after I read some research on Chinese demonology. "In the thirteenth year of the T‘ien kien period (A. D. 514), in the
sixth month, there were stories abroad in the Capital (the present
Nanking) that ch‘eng-ch‘eng (?) stole the livers of men, as also their blood, to feed the celestial dog therewith."

10/10

Some dudes in suits write endlessly to each other's at candle light and sweat profusely while reading their correspondent's letters.

The film is mute and we never know what the letters says.
Every once in a while the night sky is particularly colorful and the shadows in the night seems like tentacles.
Also there's an old lady and some kind of virginal 18yo love interest.

The movie doesn't have to make sense

A tingau/tiengou/tengu is a "heavenly dog" in the sense of being a low ranking servant of the spirit realm in which both good and evil spirits reside.

Source: Student of Japanese, Cantonese and it's literally my surname.

Can be a part of

Need to find some more obscure deity then. Pity, I liked heavenly dog's concept.

severely underrated

just watch the void instead. it was fucking icnredible

Make it not immigrants but have the MCs instead be government officials sent to some pygmy island colony where a big corporation has been doing shady stuff and people started leaking information about supernatural events taking place.
It turns out that the corporation was illegally using the pygmys as slaves, who turn out to be connected to a cult.

If you make it about immigrants it just wont ever get anywhere these days...

what's lovecraftian about this?

Well, something lives somewhere deep inside LA sewers, something what cultists were feeding with human liver and blood, and when it awakens it will eat the moon.

It's the regular
>mystery pops up
>investigation
>kill the monster/stop the end of the world
>happy ending

A lovecraftian movie needs to be more subtile than this Uwe Boll tier idea.

A small mouse scurries across a rotten wooden fence on the perimeter of a disused farm
It hops over each fence post and lands back onto the green wood without losing any speed
As it reaches the end of the fence line, it takes one final leap
Straight into a small bush
But the bush is no bush
It's a monster with leaves growing out of its pores
The mouse lands in the creatures mouth, and with a rapid jaw movement, creature swallows the mouse whole
The monster rises up on its jagged and withered hind legs and sniffs the air
It turns it's head to look at the city to the east of the farm
The city is flowing green. The buildings are black and monolithic. A dense fog covers the ground and wisps into the air, cutting through the smog which descends from the sky above
Then it turns out that it's all a dream and the mouse is a metaphor for the oil industry, and the bush monster is the evil renewable energy giants which will monopolise on rental prices from consumers, bleeding them dry by charging ₱10000 for one unit of solar combustrol.
Or something.

Who said something about killing the monster? With Lovecraft it would be something like
>disrupt a ritual with you presence
>escape from something horrible in sewers almost losing your mind in the process
>tell police about all that shit about cult
>mass arrests in Chinatown, etc, etc
>nothing happens after all
>commit suddoku

nice 1st year student project you got here.
too bad it's unrelated and we are in 2017.

i thought you Sup Forums cucks hated racists? hp lovecraft thought niggers were monkies

Yep ut it's still something already seen. And chinks folklore isn't relevant since the 90's.

if it doesnt have some tribal niggers getting btfo im not interested

When your city becomes full of semi ape you tend to be a little racist. also who cares?
Most of the classical authors have written books about how jews must be hated.

i thought this board was funny but these guys show themselves be lib cucks