Ghost in the Shell sequel with Karen Fukuhara

If they are to make a sequel to Scarjo's Ghost in the Shell, they SERIOUSLY should cast Karen Fukuhara as Major. They can easily have Major Scarjo's body destroyed and the Major as the change bodies again.

This article says it best way Karen should be the Major:
moviepilot.com/p/how-casting-karen-fukuhara-would-have-saved-ghost-in-the-shell/4242315

I really hope they do go forth with a GitS sequel because I loved the casting of Section 9 so much and want to see them again.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyaru
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry for that horrible english

>wanting to ruin someone's career with this shit

Piss off

She can't act

DIS HEEYAS KATANA, SHE GOT BACK

who the fuck is that chink and why should i watch a movie where the lead is going to be talking in broken english? or is it going to be in jap with subtitles?

The more I think about it the less I really care if the major's body is a white chick. I just have no desire to see a live action ghost in the shell movie

The problem with Ghost in the Shell is Japan hasn't been culturally relevant since the 90's. Look how they used to dominate the videogames industry and how irrelevant they are now. So no one care about their shit.

>weebs getting this desperate
Let it go.

Karen actually speaks perfect English

>and why should i watch a movie where the lead is going to be talking in broken english?

She's from Los Angeles, she speaks English as well as anyone.

I'll watch GitS when they digitally replace ScarJo with Fukuhara.

She was born in the US you fucking amoeba.

yeah japans a joke now. just dirty panty vending machines and a whole generation of neet kissless suicidals.

>Japan release Zelda Breath of Wild, Nioh, Persona 5, Nier Automata
>they've all been crushed by Horizon Zero Dawn, a dutch new IP that sold more than all of them combined

What did Japan stop making next gen games? Are they clinically retarded? When will they stop making cell-shading autistic garbage for children?

>>they've all been crushed by Horizon Zero Dawn

I thought BOTW crushed Horizon? or was that just IGN scores?

She looks like my last oneitis.

Stop giving me the feels, fags.

The western market is simply far bigger, and Asian games don't appeal to this market nearly as much as domestic games. Japan will still keep doing what it's doing, but western developers will always have deeper pockets.

For what purpose? I mean Major doesn't really look Asian either. If I had to give her body an ethnicity I'd say she looks Russian or Eurasian.

If you need to know anything about Karen, she starred in Suicide Squad as Katana and travelled the world to comi cons and is very nice to speak to fans.

Literally one of the most down to Earth people and she needs to get a bigger career. Playing the Major would be amazing for her

Major was white

get your own characters Nips

She's perfect right? All the more truth she would be amazing in Section 9

Japan used to dominate the western market. And even the japanese market is plummeting.

the movie was trash and isn't getting a sequel

your waifu won't be playing the shitty character that is Major anytime soon

Nah Major needs to be white.

The problem with the movie was scarjo.

Sony and Nintendo are still Japanese last time I checked. Anime has also taken off again in the US (there's been a streaming gold rush) and Hollywood is eager to make adaptations.

Japan has an unemployment rate of 3%.

They didn't stop making "next gen games." Games for a new console generation are next gen, and they've continued putting out new console generations.

The character is Japanese.

>Nintendo
Literally who?

>The character is Japanese.

Her cyborg body is not based on a Japanese woman, that's the joke.

An anime character doesn't have to look Japanese in order to be Japanese.

The point is we don't even know what her real body looks like, so the appearance of her cyborg body doesn't matter.

Nintendo is a tiny irrelevant company and the videogames division of Sony has moved to California. They only have 2 small japanese studios left and Sony hate the modern jamanese industry so much they even release their big western AAA like Horizon to counter the big japanese releases.
Face it weeb, your japanese industry is dead and burried. No one play japanese garbage anymore except autists.

There's no reason to think she isn't Japanese.

I'm not a weeb, but you're a reverse weeb. A raving ultra-nationalist lunatic who can't deal with Japan being better at something than the West.

No one said she isn't Japanese, however the only thing remaining of her original flesh body is her brain, the cyborg body the Japanese brain is in is Caucasian.

> the cyborg body the Japanese brain is in is Caucasian
It's Japanese.

Maybe where it was built but no the outer appearance is of a Caucasian female, not an Asian one.

The only reason japan dominated the videogames market is because those racist piece of shit at Nintendo used their monopolistic position to favor japanese publishers on their machines. They've even been called out for that. Once Sony entered on the market and crushed Nintendo it stopped. Sony bought Squaresoft and killed them and they helped western studios like Naughty Dog or Insomniac to emerge because destroying the japanese industry was the best strategy in the long run to kill shitendo.

Found the fat American

>the outer appearance is of a Caucasian female
No.

You people are like those tumblrinas who try to claim characters as trans. Except this is even more ridiculous considering the practically infinite amount of media produced starring white people.

I don't really give a fuck but, if you really want to split hairs, it's implied in SAC that the Major doesn't actually look Japanese at all.

Where's it implied and how?

>No.

No what?

You people are like those tumblrinas who try to claim characters as trans.

What are you even talking about? Can we get back to the topic at hand about the Major's body being Caucasian based? no one's talking about trannies.

>Except this is even more ridiculous considering the practically infinite amount of media produced starring white people.

White people writing and drawing about white people, what a crazy concept, and it's not like Japan does dig the style and physical aesthetics of Caucasians as well, so what's the big deal?

Apart from the fact that characters in that show are in fact drawn with Asian faces, in the episode with the refugee kid, one of the triad members or whatever inquires about her race.

>What are you even talking about?
I'm talking about you people being like those tumblrinas who try to claim characters as trans.

>Can we get back to the topic at hand about the Major's body being Caucasian based?
There's nothing to get back to. She isn't white.

>no one's talking about trannies.
Nobody said anyone is talking about trannies.

>White people writing and drawing about white people, what a crazy concept
I never said there's anything wrong with it.

>it's not like Japan does dig the style and physical aesthetics of Caucasians as well
At least in your dreams.

>so what's the big deal?
That you are like a tumblrina, except even more ridiculous.

>one of the triad members or whatever inquires about her race
And what dose that prove?

She needs to be WHITED

more pls

>And what dose that prove?

Her race is not immediately apparent from her appearance.

The reality is that her outward racial appearance is left completely vague in the source material.

>Her race is not immediately apparent from her appearance.
So a character wasn't sure if she's Japanese or Chinese or Korean. And it was just this one character.

>So a character wasn't sure if she's Japanese or Chinese or Korean.
Funny how you jump to conclusions like that when you haven't even seen it.

She has blue eyes. Other cyborgs have blue eyes and blonde hair in the original movie and series. It's an impossible argument either way.

It's a completely logical conclusion to jump to.

I have seen it but it was so long ago I don't remember any scene like that.

Eye and hair color are not necessarily an indication of race in anime. Blonde hair has several different meanings.

>Blonde hair has several different meanings.
One of those meanings being they're not asian.

Blonde hair can mean a foreigner, a Japanese character from a wealthy Western-style family, or a delinquent. Or it has no meaning at all.

Oh, and gyaru is another possible meaning.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyaru

>The character is Japanese.
Her artifical body looks Caucasian. Not that I would have been bothered by an asian actress playing the major but get your facts right faggot.

>Ghost in the Shell sequel
LOL

>Her artifical body looks Caucasian.
It doesn't.

It does, denying it over and over again won't make you right. I'm sorry the horrible #whitewashing happening there #triggerd you but you're just gonna have to deal with the fact that nobody gives a fuck about your wrong opinions.
Now please go and stay go.

her body in SAC is eurasian/russian looking

If she's from america then she speaks ebonics, not English

MOAN THE LONE

>It does
It doesn't.

>Now please go and stay go.
Take your own advice, redditor.

Based on what?

You're just repeating yourself over and over again refusing to acknowledge anyone else's points, all you say is "she's japanese" and "no."

Do you get some thrill out of being a stubborn mule?

>there are people in this thread that consider American games better than Japanese games
I'm guessing you guys haven't played Nanashi no Game? Thanks to the Japanese, they can create a 10/10 creepy horror game without the use of guns. For once I'd like a good creepy horror game that isn't just shoot le bad guys. I guess you find a lot of games like this in the indie market but there is hardly any good AAA horror games. F.E.A.R was the last good horror game. I do still need to play Resident Evil 7. Can't believe Silent Hill PT was cancelled.

Do you get some thrill out of acting like a tumblrina?

>waaah she's white! she's ours! i want representation! waah!

it's funny how delusional you idiot weebs are especially since every attractive anime character is white

>muh grolious nippon games
Japshits can't make characters that don't look like they came straight out of a boys band and they're shit at writing stories.
Try Alien Isolation for a good AAA horror game. It a certified anus-clencher and looks pretty gorgeous.

Based on the fact that the Taiwanese mafia can't tell she's japanese? Notice the closeup on her eyes right after her response.

Anyway it doesn't matter who plays the Major. She's such a shitty, shallow character that they could get a nigger (male) to play her and nothing would change.

GitS is amazing despite of her, not because of her.

>every attractive anime character is white
No they aren't.

>Based on the fact that the Taiwanese mafia can't tell she's japanese?
That doesn't mean she's Eurasian or Russian.

both OPs in SAC have her singing in Russian

Anyone can play Major as long as they don't look Japanese. Good character. Much better than looking Japanese.

The OPS are not character songs. They are performed by Origa.

>Try Alien Isolation for a good AAA horror game.
Yeah, the only good American horror game. I will hand the Americans for FINALLY making a good game of that genre, mean while the Japanese have been making classic games back and forth

I could give you more proof why the American game industry is turning to shit: take racing games for instance. You are stuck on sequel after sequel with your Need for Speed and now find it a must to include all racing games to be free roam.

I hate that! Give me a sequel to Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. And guess what, SEGA made it!

We need to see her in something else first with more than four lines.

Just being cute as shit doesn't cut it.

I'd like to have unprotected sex with Karen Fukuhara. I'd turn Karen Fukuhara into Karen Fuckherharder, if you catch my drift.

Why shouldn't a Japanese actress play a Japanese character?

The best argument against American and other Western games is that there's a high chance one of the developers will be on Twitter posting "five reasons why white people must be exterminated" or something like that.

Do people really think this Cyborg looks white?

Nice bait faggot.

>American game companies hate whites
>Japanese game companies love whites
The case is closed. Japanese gaming is the way to go

Because nobody thinks she's a nip, idiot. She doesn't look Japanese even to Japanese people. She has a Japanese mind, but that's all she's got going on in the sushi department. The rest is left ambiguous as a bigger part of lost identity - she's not exactly human, she's not exactly a Map, and her looks remind her of this every time anyone says anything.

Go be stupid somewhere else.

>She doesn't look Japanese even to Japanese people.
You mean those two Japanese people in that one video that you people will use as propaganda for the next century or so.

>Go be stupid somewhere else.
Go be a white supremacist somewhere else. I suggest Sup Forums.

>in this thread

Lol try everywhere. No one give a shit about japanese games anymore.

You don't even have real arguments? Christ what a loser.

yes they are. i'm sure in your delusional mind you see your favorite anime waifu's face when you look at the wide nose and ugly gook eyes of asians.

blind idiot

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed has been developed by Sumo Digital, an english studio you moron. Another evidence of the complete superiority of western videogames over nippon trash.

Maki Tomoda should be Major.

you dont consider Major Arise to look Japanese?

That's ironic coming from you.

>yes they are
No they aren't.

>i'm sure in your delusional mind you see your favorite anime waifu's face when you look at the wide nose and ugly gook eyes of asians.
I never said anime characters look Japanese.

Also, go back to tumblr.

No, it's not ironic, because I pointed out her identity crisis. You pointed out the fact that characters asked about her race and called it propaganda so you keep getting (You)s to feed your crave for attention. Seriously, you're an astronomical loser. You can't even defend your own vague argument properly. It's disgusting.

You're Doing It Wrong

>sequel
>after how badly it flopped

a hahahahahahaah

it would have to make 250m just to see any profits, its like barely 150m now, even in china it only made 20m gross (so 10m profit) after 3 days

>You pointed out the fact that characters asked about her race and called it propaganda
Where did I do that?

>so you keep getting (You)s to feed your crave for attention
I have never at any point engaged in any baiting. The fact that you must resort to accusing me of baiting means you've lost this one.

>Seriously, you're an astronomical loser.
Further evidence of your loss.

Why didn't they just recreate the 1995 OVA with actors? Why is Holywood so retarded?

>You lost
Doesn't work that way. Come up with a proper argument as to why she's a nip. Tell us why Japanese characters believe she isn't Japanese. Tell us why her white cyborg body is actually a yellow monkey body. Indulge us in proper discourse.

Stop being such a gigantic loser.

>whites hate japanese videogames

Sonyggers and nintendrones live in their bubble. Look at the sales. Horizon just crushed all the big japanese releases.

>Doesn't work that way.
Sure it does.

>Come up with a proper argument as to why she's a nip.
Everything suggests she is and nothing suggests she isn't.

>Stop being such a gigantic loser.
Stop losing this argument.

>re creating the 1995 movie frame by frame
that would be awful. I am glad that they did their own story

it would be a breath of fresh air for western cinema

No proper argument still. Looks like she's as white as the milk I drink before spewing my pearly white cum all over pictures of her white body. Mmm... delicious whiteness.