youtube.com/watch?v=AWKfyXVfVnA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buy the biggest nicest tv you can
>buy the best sound system you can
>have a nice comfy couch
>wear whatever you want, or nothing
>drink booze, or whatever and however much you want
>pause when you want
>no people shouting stupid shit to be funny at dramatic times, no one's phone rings unless its yours, no little distracting flickers of light as people text
>never regret missing a movie on cinema

bonus

>tell people I don't like going to the movie theater
>"wow, seriously? You're so weird user. Like, who doesn't like going to see a movie?"
Can anyone explain what I'm missing besides not seeing the films day one release? Even still, they come out on bluray in just a few months sometimes.

actually all dvd blu ray etc releases have been dark as fuk compared to how it looked in the theaters, everyone basically missed out if they didnt see it on the big screen

this guy edited the blu ray so it matches how it looked like in theaters

youtube.com/watch?v=AWKfyXVfVnA

Something tells me your tv isn't 25 feet tall and 50 feet wide.

Who cares if you see it in the theater? It's not like a year from now you remember what it was like watching it in a movie theater anyway so who cares?

Not true at all. The movie theater experience is special to a lot of people. No amount of money and fancy equipment will truly replicate the feeling of seeing a movie in a theater. Personally, I actually enjoy movies a lot more when I see them at the theater. For example, I thought TFA was amazing, even though I'm embarrassed about that now.

I absolutely remember the feel of the entire audience standing up in their seats, stomping their feet and cheering/screaming when Godzilla kissed the Muto to death.

>tfw 70" 4k tv but no theater system for maximum comfy mode

I fucking can't find a good sound system for the life of me.

Power rangers

>I fucking can't find a good sound system for the life of me
>find
you mean afford

This is retarded, I remember lots of moments during films I saw in the cinema. Because those moments and feelings were one offs that I can't recapture on a rewatch

This.
The showing I went to exploded at the execution. I'm pretty sure the movie purposely gives you blue balls with the brief monster cameos for 99% of the film just for the sake of that moment, and I'll always remember it as one of the most epic theater experiences I've ever had.

It's crazy because it's not even that good of a scene, but everyone was hyped for a cool finisher and in the moment we just wanted to believe it looked that cool, so we did.

what do you mean you can't "find" a good sound system? you can order everything online. if you can't spend at least 1000 bucks per speaker, better go with some nice headphones.

Krampus, Life of Pi,

What a shit movie. This was total fuckin shit garbage. That director is a retard and Rogue One sucked dick too. Fuck em.

Only because the visuals were the best thing about that movie, and would have looked incredible it would have looked in Imax 3D.

get a Dolby Atmos receiver, ther are literally the dogs balls.

Bladerunner. I cant regret not seeing it in 1982 because I was just a sperm in my dads nutsack in 1982..

John Wick

Godzilla was 2 hours of "turn around and look how big that monster is right behind you." It looked nice, but it was a shit movie

Saw it twice in the cinema. Only way to watch it desu, the visuals and sound design are excellent. Story, not so much.

it's fuggen noice

The scene of him lighting up and doing the first one didn't get much response from my theater but that second one was fucking great. Usually it's not for the visual that I'm glad I did see in theaters but the ones with fantastic sound design. Recent ones like Krampus and Fury Road are examples
On topic, probably Terminator 2 and the first Raid because the second one was the tits in an empty theater

the only real redeeming factor of this film, and i assume future installments, is that it's an immersive, impressive, theme-park like experience in theaters. The 3-D is in a league of its own, no other film or director comes close. So yeah, it's vital to see em there, I'd enjoy if they did a rerelease for it before the next one or something.

I'm renting out a screen at the local Alamo Drafthouse so me and a few friends can watch it in 2 week. It only costed $1500 which isn't too bad.

>opening night
>get seats close to the front for maximum immersion
>crowd was quiet during the character parts after Cranston died
>whenever Godzilla showed up, the theater went from 0 to WWE professional Kaiju wrestling mode
>literal cheering and clapping to at Godzilla fucking shit up
>it was actually fun

this

also Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan, but I was too young when they came out

You didnt miss much. I remember leaving and thinking how disappointing it was besides Ledger.

I went to Commando screening few years back, it was singlehandedly the best cinema experience I ever had, the energy in the theatre was unbelievable.

>I didn't like it therefore you wouldn't like it either

it's not like I haven't seen TDK, I did and I loved it and I would love it even more if I watched it in the cinema