>Sup Forums - Television & Footwear.
Good thread so far.

>massive space battle
>ships just line up and fire broadsides like it's still the fucking 1700's

good bread

>space ship movie or tv show
>space fighter needs a pilot
>space fighter needs to manually aim from front turret

>ships keep their engines burning constantly.
>small ships handle like ww2 spitfires.

>space battle
>PEW PEW PEW

inb4 audio cue generation for added spacial awareness of the pilot.

LOTGH was fucking awful for this

Massively overrated weebshit

What, do you just want to see ships firing missiles at each other from a billion miles away?

Yes, I demand scientific accuracy in all my scifi. I also expect ships to have massive thermal radiators to deal with heat dispersion and the crew to only experience artificial gravity when under acceleration or using a rotating ring.

>not using projected nuclear lances to avoid missile countermeasures.

u ded m8

3D space always looks like shit honestly

>The dreadnought is the ultimate arbiter of space warfare; millions of tons of metal, ceramic, and polymer dedicated to the projection of firepower against an enemy vessel of like ability. No sane commander would face a dreadnought with anything less than another dreadnought.

>A dreadnought's power lies in the length of its main gun. Dreadnoughts range from 800 meters to one kilometer long, with a main gun of commensurate length. An 800-meter mass accelerator is capable of accelerating one 20 kg. slug to a velocity of 4025 km/s every two seconds. Each slug has the kinetic energy of 38 kilotons1 of TNT, three times the energy released by the fission weapon that destroyed Hiroshima.

>When used to bombard planets, some of this kinetic energy is lost due to atmospheric re-entry friction. As a rule of thumb, each Earth-atmosphere of air pressure saps approximately 20% of a projectile's impact energy.

I miss Mass Effect 1

>ship under attack
>they don't turn of gravity and injure them selves due to the violent forces of the impact
>ships computers explode burning and maiming crew

I hated star trek so much for this. I think it was on the last episode of TNG when the writers finally realized "Holy, fuck, space is 3D! What if we have the enterprise attack not from behind, but from below?!"

>somehow a retard controlling a ship or turret is more efficient than specialized AI with access to immeasurable data

I'd like to see some creativity. For example, firing nukes and using the gravity around an object to fling them at your unsuspecting enemy so fast their shields/point defense couldn't stop them.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes?

The Expanse is pretty good with stuff like this, lots of 3D maneuvering as well.

I have heard some good things about it, I'll check it out.