Just went to see this

Just went to see this.
despite the bad reviews I thought it was pretty good. Her movements were a little overly "robotic" at times but I think theyou did a good job making it feel like a actual live action anime rather than a live action movie based on an animal.
Thoughts?

>a live action movie based on an animal

I thought it was a 5/10 or 6/10. The first 30 or so minutes felt rushed but then I wanted it to speed up at around minute 60. Visuals were cool but that's about all the praise it deserves.

Autocorrect.

Does Takeshi Kitano get anything to do in it? If this was better reviewed I would have maybe seen it just for him

I was physically upset in the theater watching this abortion of a flick.

Only time I almost got up and left.

Kitano is a total badass. I don't want to spoil it though.

i want my money back

I thought it was decent. Not amazing but the sub 50 percent rating on RT seemed a bit harsh.

Considering I just recently went to see Kong Skull Island and while I enjoyed it I'd put it lower than Ghost in the Shell but it got great reviews.

They fucked up by dumbing it down for broader audiences. The sheeple didn't even watch it in the end, they should have just done shot for shot anime copy. Would have been more successful in the long run.

>expecting Hollywood to do a decent adaptation

Should have gone to Amazon or Netflix. Could have brought down costs and did it proper.

That aside it was okay. Could have been great.

Hollywood is cornering itself into capeshit and Disney movies AKA a fucking monopoly for Disney.

Great for Disney but rotting the entire thing from the inside out. All talent is moving elsewhere. I give theaters maybe 20 more years before it's all over and we just watch shit from home. Didn't have to be this way either.

I was really let down by the boring plot and unengaging story. I didn't really care about any of the characters, and even if I did the situations they were in were so straight forward and by the books it hardly mattered.

However, the visuals were great. I loved every shot of the city. Eye candy alone was worth my admission fee.

I can't really recommend it to someone, and I am going to have forgotten the entire experience by the end of the month, but I definitely don't regret going

just watched it. It wasnt even that bad as reviews said. Her backstory is even better than the anime's literally who ghost in the shell, here she got a common past with him. Was he named Hideo to hammage Hideo Kojima?
The old boss is more interresting than in the anime, just like Batou.

I feel like this movie will always be considered a "what if they casted someone else..." for the lead

Scar Jo just did not fit the role at all

Really? I was actually surprised how much I liked her as the main character.

Never seen the source material though so I don't know how the character is really supposed to be portrayed

It needed to be rated R. It needed better action scenes, harsher violence, and real nudity.

The camo suit looked terrible and none of the action or character deaths had any weight.

Also not a great story line. Should have just done a "day in the life" story like Dredd.

Visually very interesting but just generally a mediocre movie. Big missed opportunity.

Making Hanka Electronics the bad guy was bullshit

Making the Major a slave forced into robot slavery was bullshit

Making the Puppet Master a victim was bullshit

Other than that was ok I guess

It was entirely ok, even good depending on how generous you are, although I fully went in expecting the worst
I think it's commendable how natural all the visuals looked, I have to imagine that it could have been very easy to fuck up stuff like Batou's eyes but tall looked great. The action ranged from good to ok, the plot itself wasn't anything to write home about, and as always, Scarlett Johanson can't really act outside of serious woman who runs and shoots guns, or at least, she wasn't given anything more than that to work with. I thought some of the side characters like Batou, Togusa, and the chief had some really nice moments, though.

>Netflix
>Proper

They made her a lot more scared and depressed than the canon character is and should be. Which was crap.

it almost was.

I saw it in IMAX and the environments are truly a spectacle during some scenes. The adaptation was just sort of wonky it was and wasn't faithful. As an adaptation though they did somethings right and some things odd.

Having Beat Takeshi play Aramaki was pretty fucking cool.

It's a movie that would be likable on its own merits if it wasn't based on another property.

A lot of things got hand waved away through IT'S TECHNOLOGICAL MAGIC!!!! to the point where it was boring

he felt very senile even MCU´s Mr Stan Lee is more active.
not a good depiction of monkey aramaki.

hideo is a common japanese first name.

it was shit

Whoa, just because she's got a little extra weight doesn't mean you have to call ScarJo a pig.

7/10

Similar to the silent hill movie, faithful to the source to a flaw. 25 years ago this movie was scifi, now were 90% of the way there with current tech.

I hope they make more, the biggest flaw of this movie is that its too middle of the road. It never hits that emotional chord until the final scenes and it never postulates that deep philosophical questioning the franchise is built on...but it was a good try.

I will watch more anime inspired movies!

Dumbed down gits with none of the philosophical questions in the movie nor the political and social Commentaries of the tv anime, a predictable Hollywood plot lines(if you watched the 2nd season tv series you can pretty much guess everything right) , some really impressive viduals and costumes but that's pretty much it
I literally flipped my shit when she goes"It's for justice!!! "