Why are Americans so religious?

Why are Americans so religious?

Other urls found in this thread:

treasury.gov/about/education/Pages/in-god-we-trust.aspx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Awakening
nmhc.org/Content.aspx?id=4708
google.com/search?q=average American home&biw=1376&bih=722&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHx8SFwfvNAhVn6YMKHW0NDO8Q_AUIBigB
pewforum.org/2010/02/17/religion-among-the-millennials/
bestmswprograms.com/mental-illness-homelessness-criminal-behavior/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are Americans the best people on Earth?

Because we aren't communists

Fear of nonexistence.

I don't even know where your country is located.
Fuck out of here.

China is also an exception.

The better question is, why are Americans so wealthy?
And of course the answer is, their industry and infrastructure weren't raped by the world wars and countless other conflicts since.

American exceptionalism

Spain wasn't in either world war, and I wouldn't say they're particularly wealthy.

The answer is this: American individualism and protestant work ethic.

Special snowflake syndrome or pic related

I also cant find your irrelevant country on the map.

I dislike irrelevant shitters attempting to talk shit on the greatest country on the planet.

you've been fucked by the cia "lone wolve" avatar (and recreational) terror program.
...beep?!

>amurica
>more religious than poland
heh.

In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the growing European class of educated people, middle class and future rulers associated religion with state religion and therefore with corrupt governments. America has religiosity and personal industry but no state religion.

In the cold War, America got edgy and based all of their policies on being Reverse Soviet.

So if the Soviet removed Religion, america would endorse it.
If Soviet fought muslim terrorists, America would support muslim terrorists.
If Soviet did X, America would do opposite of X.
etc.

There was a dick measuring contest, and people were afraid Soviet had large land mass (large penis), so America/Europe reacted like scared children, desperate to prove Communism is inferior.

>America found religion in the 1950's
No.

It was intensified during that time.

They can't even get over their stupid second amendment. Do you honestly think they'll be able to get over their shitty religion?

>Below is a listing by denomination of the first production and delivery dates for currency bearing IN GOD WE TRUST
treasury.gov/about/education/Pages/in-god-we-trust.aspx

Because they are retarded

America has a lot of poor people.

Income inequality. The rich make so much, we are technically ahead.

We're really all broke and people actually believe that getting a fair wage is "class warfare."

>Doesn't know about First Great Awakening or Restorationism, or any of the other Christian movements throughout American history.

Americans have been through this game before. We get more secular and degenerate and then the Christians kick everyone's ass and bring them back under the Light of our Savior.

America has always been a Christian nation and will always be a Christian nation. Providence. Manifest Destiny. Shining City on the God Blessed Hill, you Eurofaggot fuck!

Hallelujah! Amen!

Yeah I guess that's why Americans are starving in the streets nowadays.

I'm pretty sure you would have gone in the opposite direction if Soviet had gone hardcore christianity.

Everything you did during that era was a counter reaction to Soviet

>It was intensified during that time.
>look, here's that coin

Once again no. Our revolution was launched straight out of the churches. Our first president made a covenant with god, which is affirmed each time a new one is inaugurated. Our civil war to set men free was waged to the tune of hymnals from the lips of the common soldier.

Once more, your post deserves a few more "No"'s upon a second read through.

>Soviet fought muslim terrorists, they didn't invade a sovereign country led by a secularist-minded leadership with the aim of continuing a southward push that had been the aim of Russian rulers for hundreds of years
No.

>There was a dick measuring contest, there wasn't a titanic, global geopolitical ideological struggle for the soul of the post-WWII world, as to weather it would be governed by the (sometimes seriously flawed) will of the people or allowed to slip back into authoritarian and totalitarian rule by an unapproachable and unchangeable ruling class
No.

>America/Europe reacted like scared children, desperate to prove Communism is inferior, which it isn't. Clearly they are the same in relative terms, moral ones, economic viability, the state to which man's individual freedoms can be assessed, or whatever other measure that can be applied
No.

Even today your Children inherited your reverse Soviet policy.

You see the youth of America go SJW leftist cuck mode, in counter reaction to Russia enforcing traditional Patriachal value structure, illegalising homos, and exalting the Orthodox Church into more power.

The apple doesn't fall far from the Tree, You will always be Reverse Russia.

>denuded Russia is just like the Soviet empire, so any disagreement with today's Russia is just as the cold war
>plus I'll ignore the premise of the OP's stat to claim America irreligious now
Why is it so difficult for a Dane commie to understand? It's this (). We're religious because we baked it into the cake. Because unlike most places in the world we set no state controls on religion, as an element of the ideals of liberty we wanted to foster, and therefore set no limitations on it.

Mostly because all other countries got rich from greed and sin,so they abondoned religion. America became rich through hard work.

>why are Americans so religious?
>Sharia law popping up all over europe

>The better question is, why are Americans so wealthy?
We aren't. We just became home to most of the world's billionaires, so their wealth pushes up the average statistics while the common man suffers in abject poverty.

dude are u a retard? is slavery greed or sin? what about stealing a country from natives?

>Why are Americans so religious?

That and FREEDOM is why we are #1.

Religion to protect the heart and soul.
Guns to protect our land and ours.

FREEDOM
R
E
E
D
O
M

God bless America.

Broken down by religion

Because otherwise society falls.

Spain is deprived of resources.

>American Exceptionalism in one graph

The slave trade only existed in the new American state for 17 years (by agreement of the original compromise that permitted the formation of the Union), and was not a factor to the economic development of the north, which quickly overshadowed that of the south. Plus most native populations were decimated in epidemics, depopulating two whole continents, leaving that area of what became America relatively free from human occupation. Find another excuse to hate your country, faggot.

>while the common man suffers in abject poverty.
Yes. I know that AMERICA. It's a damn shame to live in it.

They're learning.

Eurocucks abandon their Christian roots and now have mudslime hordes at their doors. Really makes u think...about who was right all along

>Why are Americans so religious?

Because it makes you a happier person.

I wish I could just be a happy normalfag and believe in Christ.

Why are you a godless heathen Ivan?

Christianity is antithetical to communism, so your hypothetical is absurd and meaningless.

America is Christian because we believe our nation was divinely inspired. Christianity is in our blood and souls.

Also, girls love Christianity. They like the no cheating, stable marriage, virgin Mary parts. The only reason they've rejected it is because cucked white Gen X males were mad at their daddies and became atheists and nihilists.

Millenials and Gen Y are more Christian.

huh

why are we so rich?

>Europe spends centuries fighting over religion
>USA has next to no internal religious conflicts

Our worst religious extremists are a bunch of fucking lawsuit happy protestants.

Where's Saudi Arabia?

HOLY SHIT EUROPEANS ARE SO FUCKING POOR LMAO

This.

For the same reason why we're so religious. Liberty.

niggers are pretty religious and attacked people in jebus names amend christ. Religious people have tried to get rid of child labor laws

Founded by religious fanatics and extremists.

Holy tits, we rich!

>America tearing itself apart in a race war

hmm ok

The US isn't rich. The jews who live there are though.

Communism never took root here the same way it did in Europe

Would Ivan be the stereotypical Czech name, though?

Because we have tons of beaners/nignogs/evangelical faggots and have a horrible education system

Sort of like asking "Why is Sweden so tolerant". same kind of history

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Awakening

>US was considered more secular than western average early on
>Political christian revival happened in the rural interior, mostly baptist and southern
>Politically, they were not taken seriously as a voting bloc for a while into the 20th century, politics were still about "Big ideas" and economics
>In the late 20th century, Republicans started to try to tap into this religious bloc for votes and empowered them
>Feedback loop of Republicans wanting their support, so Republicans helped them become empowered and get Christian social platform, in retern the Evangelicals grew in number with the increase of Mormons, along with conversion + High birth rate
>In the 1980's in the hangover of the leftist hippie/druggie/progressive 60's and 70's, Christian Conservatives held a major comeback under Reagan, arguably their peak where they even tried censoring rock music, video games, , tried going against abortion.
>Bush also rode the back of evangelicals and empowered them

There's the true, non meme history. Political parties empowered them and gave them an agenda to support in exchange for their loyalty

Muslims are in Europe (along with Christian Africans) because of:
1. Swarming in during colonialism (which was started in more Christian times)
2. Geography, Europe is the closest rich place to flood into
3. US forced Turks into Germany after WW2
4. Muslims 150 years ago didn't feel as much of an urge to migrate globally

Muslims are in Europe the same reason Mexicans are in the USA. Christianity isn't border control, Christianity is multi-racial and Christians are known for third-world adoptions.

they are the least religious you dumb fuck

Christianity is okay but Ameriblubber "Christianity" is the Mcdonalds of Christianity

>The US isn't rich. The jews who live there are though.
Oh, yeah. Brits know about this. It's that god awful abject poverty again. nmhc.org/Content.aspx?id=4708
google.com/search?q=average American home&biw=1376&bih=722&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHx8SFwfvNAhVn6YMKHW0NDO8Q_AUIBigB

>muh catholicism

And, not uncoincidentally, also amongst the poorest (per capita vs GDP etc.)

>Muslims are in Europe the same reason Mexicans are in the USA. Christianity isn't border control,

No stupid.

The Catholic Church loves Mexicans coming into America because they're mostly Catholic. If Mexicans were mostly Muslims, Trump wall would have been built 30 years ago.

I guess the homeless who don't starve to death because they receive food from handouts aren't "poor" to you.

Yeah food isn't a big problem because of food stamps and churches/organizations giving out food, but that doesn't mean the people receiving them aren't poor and have a low quality of life on par with those of many countries you consider "truly poor".

In modern society many of these people have no family, tribe, or community left. Modern society and capitalism has mostly destroyed those, in past times of history you were born into a tribe/community, and had a place in that community, you received food from hunting/gathering/agriculture. Anyone still living life like this is richer than a poor person in America.

51% of all American workers make less than $30,000 a year, that's hardly enough to live in a one-room apartment and have a nutritious diet here without handouts from the government/organizations.

>Cucktholicism

I'll add an Orthodox section to the right side of my image bb

Give me some romantic Orthodox images

>DC

Hello Obama

>I'll use wandering mental cases as my example of who constitutes the poor

>but yeah food isn't a big problem because of food stamps and churches/organizations giving out food

>yet let's do everything we can to move away from this set up

>I mean look at the abject poverty in pic related!

Rev. Wright was right. God damn America!

Relatively young nation that fought 0 religious wars, and was founded by religious fanatics.

>I'll use wandering mental cases as my example of who constitutes the poor

There is many completely sane people who are homeless.

What do the niggers in that picture prove? Would you like me to show you pictures of the ghettos of Camden or Detroit? I don't think you know how bad they actually look. Would you like to see pictures of skid row? There is homeless encampments that look like that.

>Millenials and Gen Y are more Christian.

Lmao

Based Millenials and Gen Y are less biblethumping AND less patriotic

pewforum.org/2010/02/17/religion-among-the-millennials/

The graph obviously shows that the christian god is the true god and he favors us.

Because this is GDP per capita. Huge swaths of the US are poor, highly religious welfare suckers, which raises the religious level but doesn't affect GDP, since we have all the megacorps.

Manifest Destiny and all that
founded by fundamentalists

#Catholics

#SouthernTraditions

Also as a result everyone should know that Islam will never take hold in the USA. This is a hopeless divide and conquer tactic. People see it as brutal and alien here, we speak english and wont adopt foreign languages. Islam is rooted in a foreign language, doesnt easily translate.

>I also cant find your irrelevant country on the map.

Being ignorant of the world outside your shithole isn't something to be proud of Cleitus. Hungary has done more for culture and the arts than America ever will.

Because manifest destiny.

>There is many completely sane people who are homeless.
And a sizeable, highly disproportionate number to the general populace are mental cases, approaching 64% is some urban areas.
>bestmswprograms.com/mental-illness-homelessness-criminal-behavior/

>Would you like me to show you pictures of the ghettos of Camden or Detroit?
It would hardly do any good for your point to post those run down shitholes of the country where your approach towards societal issues and philosophy of government has been given a full head of steam for a couple generations. Here. I'll do that for you.

Rather, you should probably take from such depressed areas the proper conclusions, instead of calling for wider adoption of what has corresponded along with the economic downturns you note and lament.

But blaming the wrong thing for a problem and proposing more of the disease goes hand in hand with the left.

Anyway, it's remarkable how talk of our religiosity and corresponding wealth has brought a mess load of communists and lefties into the thread. Here's another.

fucking muricans
keep biblethumping