Thor Ragnarok Trailer Discussion Thread

continued from He actually did it, Taika Waititi the absolute mad man!!

youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

looks like fun

Mute the trailer. It looks generic as fuck.

Heh, cute that marvelcucks think they can compete with DC

[record scratch]

[freeze frame]

yup thats me. you're probably wondering how i ended up in this situation

What's this make now, your third or fourth time posting this exact same post? Know what that looks like to me?

looks like shill

>EME OFF
>YOU AND ME

Why the fuck does Sup Forums love this trash? It would be like Sup Forums loving naruto and one piece, or Sup Forums loving CoD.

Please look at the catalog before you make more threads. it's clearly stated in the Sup Forums sticky.

Wow, it looks like Marvel finally got their shit together, bois.

Should be as big as the first Avengers

>*Record Scratch*
>*Freeze Frame*
>Yup, that’s me. You’re probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.

i watched Iron man 1 and liked it but didnt follow through with all the other cape movies that followed. there are so many of them by now and literally every hero is in every film. I'm so confused by this 10^6 franchise.

see

>MEME OFF BRO

Literally any trailer would be. But you're wrong anyhoo

Trolls and shills at war everywhere

The music tries so hard to be Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm going to try a little experiment here. I'm a comics fan who hates what Disney has done to Marvel's characters and what the Marvel execs bent over and let Disney do, so from now on, I'm not going to argue against their product. My reason for this is very simple:

Hate isn't the opposite of love. Indifference is. Best of luck, Mouse.

using Immigrant Song for a Thor trailer might be the most low effort obvious choice on earth

it literally references valhalla ffs

the tone of the trailer otherwise is oddly campy

>the tone of the trailer otherwise is oddly campy

well in the past Marvel was often criticized for having 'serious' trailers when the movies were a lot more campy (especially Avengers: Age of Ultron) so i guess they just said fuck it and embraced the quips.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Watch it faggots

Took them 3 movies but it seems like they finally got it right with Thor. No Earth, understanding Thor is a campy character, and lots of nice action.

Please stop making more Thor threads

official thread here:

The visuals in this especially of the Hela parts, go against the tone in the trailer imo. But we'll see.

3 words:
HELLA
F*CKING
EPIC

>retards falling for the shilling of redwood and actually listening to the sticky
You don't realize whats happening do you? They're setting this board up to turn into Sup Forums and modern Sup Forums tier media boards

>HELLA
Hela

you had one job

Looks like Guardians of the Galaxy

Which is a good thing

So what provokes the Hulk into fighting him? Do they reconnect at first until one of them pisses the other off in some way?

It's from the same general time period, but that's literally the only similarity between gotgs music and this

Saw it at cinema Paradiso, faggot, cookies at half time, go watch boy

Na, GotG was just 80's music nostalgia, this Thor looks like it's after Heavy Metal, Abraxas, Fire and Ice type of movies. It's not a really noticeable difference, but I can see it.

Banners Hulk form was always agressive and dumb. He probably just can't control him then.

>name the film after an apocalyptic event
>trailer makes it look like a fucking comedy
can't wait

They're probably going to pretend to fight to distract the crowd then escape or something

Honestly it looks more like the first Thor film, but it's a little more colourful and has led zeppelin playing in the background, taika waititi mixes light hearted laughs with soul crushing feels so I'll be pretty interested to see how this turns out

Bruce Banner likes Thor.

Hulk does not (And they have fought before).

MCU established Banner and Hulk are not one and the same, Banner can just direct Hulk towards something. In this movie the storyline is that Hulk has basically become the dominant form, Banner only making a minor appearance. Hulk has his own motivations and attitude.

>it's a Loki drinks a martini episode

>trailer literally has the record scratch followed by you may be wondering how I got here line
>this trailer will give frog posters ammo for months

can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on here who is the woman who not only can stop mjolnir, but also be technically holding it up and then destroys it? does lore mean anything anymore?

Looks bright and colorful. Shame it looks kind of cheap, too.

... Please read more.

How can anyone who isn't a child or a manchild get excited for this shit.

just the Goddess of Death that's all

Wonder if Thanos will have a boner for her.

Just watched it. It looks good.

Is it Capekino?

Darwin defeated her in the comics just by touching her

She really isn't that powerful

She's the goddess of death, not Death.

Can't wait for Marvel to be bought by a company that isn't Disney so i can watch this.

HOYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

RIP IN PEACE DC
2010 - 2017

How will Thor's battle scenes even work without Mjollnir? His entire fighting coreography in the MCU has always revolved around it. Also, i think it's lame that Thor now has short hair.

Why is there no birth discussion here?

Sup Forums is shilling that shit to hell and back. How can anyone be willing to suck corporate dick so much

well yes but the awards are named after him for a reason

Well yeah but the MCU could make it the same thing for story reasons since they probably won't introduce the death character.

>not liking all forms of action and fun

hes basically a weaker superman

What's with all the a e s t h e t i c?

>almost no quips

not gonna watch then. I watch marvel for quips.

DC FUCKING DESTROYED

BTFO

ITS OVER, JUST BURY IT

Oh, nothing, really, just the reason that is dead fucking wrong.

>What do you think of Mommy's Halloween costume user?

jfc i'm so fucking hard

I want more movies like this

will we see more mcu/mcu-crossovers? (marvel cinematic universe and mommy cintematic unviverse)

Meh. Too GOTG and space based for my taste.

Problem with Thor is that it got too big too quickly. I guess that's what it gets coming after 2012's Avengers. But Thor still has a relative disconnect with the audience with regards to who he is. He should've gotten another Earth based adventure. Remember how comfy New Mexico was in the first movie?

Darwin is theoretically very OP, tbqh

looks fun tbqh

thor was the most retarded franchise and should have a retarded story

This trailer was disappointing. Where was the whole 80s buddy cop movie feeling? Is it really just, Thor fights, Thor meets Hulk, they crash out of a arena, have a few quips, Hulk does a 'I am groot' because he can't talk then they make fun of that fact, they eventually go fight insipid Marvel villain, rock out to rad 70s-80s tunage and wait for after credits sequence?

Where is the explicitly a comedy film they promised? I was hoping for some risks.

>Remember the first movie?
nope

we can only hope

>Heimdall, whitest of the aesir is black
>Hela, the half-black goddess of death is all white

What did they mean by this?

You should watch. It's really good.

Valkyrie is also black.

>you should watch it, its really good
nope

THE ABSOLUTE MAD MEN, THEY PUT IT IN!

>yfw it ain't me starts playing at some point

>hammer getting cucked again

was it this weak in the comics aswell?

when asguard is getting rekt it plays

>play new Thor trailer
>meme dadrock music starts playing to try tricking the audience into being hyped

>It ain't me plays while Waifu Sif & Warriors Three are in a asgardian magic chopper blasting helagooks

>why didn't they waste all the jokes in the trailer 8 months before the release?
Its like you want it to suck

>It would be like Sup Forums loving naruto and one piece

?

Sup Forums does love One Piece you fucking sperg.

Besides, One Piece is actually good.

You shouldn't deliberately avoid good films user.

>its a hit someone in the head and make them realize they were out of control episode

No. In 40 years worth of stories, it was once cracked by another mythic weapon made of the same metal, sliced in half by a badass elder god type, and outright destroyed once by a Celestial, essentially a space god.

I might have missed an instance or two, but no, it's supposed to be well-nigh indestructible and not even Wolverine can scratch it. It was also a total bullshit cop-out ever having the fucking Vision lift it.

So what are the best MCU movies? What's y'all's top 5?

I'm not Thor was trash, the second one was even worse

1. Iron Man
2. Doctor Strange

so how was that fag from thor 2 able to just flick it away

i feel like the hammer should be a force of nature but its weak

>all of the girls I know want to have sex with loki
>all of the guys want to have sex with thor

Why do women have shit taste?

Ironman>???>???>???>???
I'll get back to you when they've made more movies

Because the MCU has cucked the everloving dogshit out of this character. I remember actually being hype for roughly 15 minutes in the first film. It ended pretty much the instant he was banished to Earth.

>Karl Urban
>playing Aries
Aint even mad

>Besides, One Piece is actually good.
jfc

>karl urban

movie saved
>tfw never get a dredd 2

>dadrock
get out more

Ironman > Winter Soldier > Civil War > Dr Strange > ... > Ironman(2-3)-Thor (1-2)-Avengers(1-2) > Norton Hulk > Alien Hulk > Antman > everything else.

It is.

I'm strictly talking manga here, too.

It's undoubtedly one of the most creative works to come from Japan.

Chastain does not have a kid.