This continent is in peace for 160 years

>this continent is in peace for 160 years
why do other continents suck at maintaining peace?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WvpTVw3f4hM
taringa.net/comunidades/militares-en-t/9831611/La-extrana-neutralidad-de-Argentina-en-la-Guerra-del-Chaco.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We just dont give a fuck, but i would serve if we ever go to war against peru, fuck those llama fuckers

>tfw when other countries banter you for being violent
>tfw when Europe has had like and 10 wars on the 20th century and SA like one

You have nothing to fight about

Do you remember Peru-Ecuador wars?

Even you let Argentina smuggle weapons via your airspace to Ecuador.

We have actual warships in Amazon river.

meme wars 2bh

>peaceful insurgencies

Whatever, enjoy your jihadi terror

Because Peru hold them that way, Ecuador put their whole army ready in the last war.

Peru could retake everything with conscripts, like a low-intensity war. A month before going to total war, Ecuador signed peace treaty.

Terrorism is not peace, also.

ok still meme. Paraguay War was the last real conflict in South America
>Terrorism is not peace
wut

Maybe he's talking about the shit that went on with Shining Path back in the 80s. That insurgency almost destroyed our state. If it wasn't for Fujimori who knows what would've happened.

Peaceful favelas and narcomafia? Or peaceful war in Colombia?

The only unrest was caused by the cia

Not really, only a couple of them were meme wars.

In 1942 we blocked Ecuador coast, airborne troops, warplanes and some tanks.

The later wars Peru used only second-line planes to beat the best of Ecuadorian Air Force.

And you're wrong the last great war in Latin America was El Chaco. Peru and other South American countries had war on terrorism for decades, too.

war in colombia is over. and there is crime all around the world.

>cia

War of the Pacific too...

Latinos = Master Race

>war on terrorism
it's literally an excuse for the US to have bases and military presence in your country and colombia. No wonder you are the only countries with things like FARC and Sendero Luminoso

Crime is war now.

Señor Pavel
Yo soy CIA

>guerra do chaco
didn't know about that thanks. But yeah I find it funny that most of these wars were with the US mediation and zero Latin American mediation. Also
>The origin of the war is commonly attributed in Latin America to a conflict between the oil companies Royal Dutch Shell backing Paraguay and Standard Oil supporting Bolivia.

No, El Chaco was far more massive and deadly.

1942 war could've been more relevant if it wasn't for the 6 month duration.

We never asked for their help, was our war just that.

When you intervened, Ecuador always tried to invade us or had the guarantors (Brazil, Chile and Argentina) biased toward a country.

Brazil was always useless.

Shell won

>Chaco was far more massive and deadly
more bolivians died of thirst and dysentery than of paraguayan bullets. most of the battles were sieges

We manage alright

The trench war of Latin America. Bolivia had far better armament but they literally choked on the harsh Chaco.

1902 desu....

The peace treaty that literally guarantees your sovereignty over Ecuador has literally Rio de janeiro and Brasilia in it my friend. If anything what holds South America together nowadays is Mercosur/Unasur and our path against the foreign intervention in the continent. Literally there is no war against Venezuela nowadays thanks to our unified presence in South America

we should unite all south america and declare war against all the coutnries from panama to mexico.

At times I agree on UNASUR uniting us but it's pretty much just a pedestal to the world where we can pretend we're actually doing stuff. Uniting worries me that we'd be more easily influenced though. Also the Guyanese countries need to be dissolved because their presence irks me.

>The peace treaty that literally guarantees your sovereignty
Say you? The treaty was signed in 1998, Peru always had military superiority but were the diplomatic incompetence of you with Chile and Argentina that left Ecuador a hope in taking those territories by war.

>If anything what holds South America together nowadays is Mercosur/Unasur and our path against the foreign intervention in the continent.
Agression that you instigated already in multiple times with all your neighbors. Unasur just was a excuse for Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela to dictate foreign policy of South America.

>Literally there is no war against Venezuela nowadays thanks to our unified presence in South America,
I remind you our president called everybody to sign a declaration against any intervention from outside of our region in Venezuela.

Brazil intentions never were genuine.

im more surprised at the fact that after 160 years of peace ya'll motherfuckers are still poor as fuck.

>this continent is in peace for 160 years
Just because the most genocidal war between nations happened 160 years ago, that doesn't mean we've had 160 years of peace.

We gained a Peace Nobel prize for our role in the peace talks of that war

>Uniting us
CHI

m8, the conflict ended forever with less than 100 casualties, if anything it's a great diplomatic success, especially when it was resolved by local parties without foreign influence
>Unasur just was a excuse for Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela to dictate foreign policy of South America.
m8, Brazil is a 200 million people country and Argentina and Venezuela are 40 million people countries, even if we didn't want we would influence the rest of South America, we literally all share the same iberian culture and language and religion, different from the EU or NAFTA, our union is basically a cultural union that shares almost the same ideological and cultural views of the world. If anything, all LatAm countries can only gain from further unifying it
>I remind you our president called everybody to sign a declaration against any intervention from outside of our region in Venezuela.
And everybody signed so what's the big deal?
>Brazil intentions never were genuine.
So you honestly believe that a country with a totally different culture, religion and language is? You are pretty stupid then. If anything Brazil has and Latin America has only to gain with unifying and projecting our culture and views worldwide

Peace is a regional delusion to feel better with our poverty.

There can be gangs killing, raping and robbing every day but people would never say peace is broken. Only when they see soldiers and tanks on street people starts to moan about the situation.

>war in colombia is over
Nice meme

Unsasur has absolutely no authority over anyone right now. And you seriously can't praise international bodies like Unasur and shun foreign intervention in the same sentece, what the fuck

they're too hungry to fight each other

indeed
youtube.com/watch?v=WvpTVw3f4hM

SHART
H
A
R
T

it has authority to project international views of South America and that alone is more than enough to shun foreign intervention especially in a mediatic world that we live in. Hence why most coup d'etats nowadays are in more subtle ways

We do, in the internet, the saddest part it's that people discuss on football.

>If anything what holds South America together nowadays is Mercosur/Unasur and our path against the foreign intervention in the continent.
Not for long macakeks

Trump literally killed the practical function of Alianza del Pacifico, thank god

I see the Falklands. Pretty sure we have had a few wars in 160 years. Even a quick cheeky one against the mainland. Not all peaceful fella.

This, and when they see the soldiers they start shifting the blame to them, truly disgusting.

Spanish latin america was at peace for 400 years then terrorists talking about "independence" started a war.

the fact there were companies involved doesn't mean it was the companies that triggered the conflict itself, it actually just means that the thing they were fighting for was valuable
fighting for natural resources has been a thing since forever, even if not everyone gets benefited directly out of it, charging taxes for its exploitation is good enough for some governments to annex land

>terrorists
don't talk bad about Napoleon, he was a loon but good intentioned

This was real?

taringa.net/comunidades/militares-en-t/9831611/La-extrana-neutralidad-de-Argentina-en-la-Guerra-del-Chaco.html

Fake news. I am a PeruANO that moved to the U.S. It's a bit lonely at times because of all the Euro descended mutts around here but it's okay.

And Brazil killed Mercosur by being incompetent. Thank god for Lava Jato showing the world what Brazilian """influence""" looks like.

>the fact there were companies involved doesn't mean it was the companies that triggered the conflict itself
pls hermano

>m8, the conflict ended forever with less than 100 casualties
I wouldn't say so, after several wars. This is just damage control, just counting the last one where Peru was really will to invade whole Ecuador.

Just in 1941-1942 war 1000 ecuatorians died.

> if we didn't want we would influence the rest of South America,
Sure, because Venezuela doesn't use their regional "allies" to avoid any major sanction in OEA.

>we literally all share the same iberian culture and language and religion
You know this isn't true, don't lie.

>our union is basically a cultural union
Seems right, because Brazilians learn about Spanish-speaking Latin America and our language, oh wait...

>And everybody signed so what's the big deal?
Smuggling weapons to one side of a war you "try" to end, seems a big ethical and moral problem, don't you think?

>If anything Brazil has and Latin America has only to gain with unifying and projecting our culture and views worldwide
I'd say APEC helped us more than any multinational organization after our big crisis.

Racism and xenophobia toward Peruvian never ceased, not even with this "sacred" UNASUR thing.

Mercosur is alive and kicking, if anything our integration with Argentina is at the highest point ever.
>Thank god for Lava Jato showing the world what Brazilian """influence""" looks like.
kek, they literally destroyed themselves, and Lula is literally returning. They literally gave fuel for his campaign in 2018

to be honest yes
how else a country with millions of british pounds in debt to FOUR countries could arm itself back again?
not to mention that the peace treaty was signed in Buenos Aires IIRC

it was Venezuela but yeah, thanks a fucking lot Lula

Merco sur is a meme, only Spanish Sur y Norte will save you.

are you telling me there's absolutely no other reason for Paraguay to decide to go to war?
the literal only reason for it was because a foreign company told their government to do so?
I get you're the average latinamerican leftist, and that that means not shutting up about foreign intervention and multinationals but don't you think that maybe the Paraguayan and Bolivian governments had interests of their own? Like making sure that those foreign companies end up making business on their countries instead of the other's?

what kind of country you live in in which charged offenders can candidate to presidency? nice democracy you got there m8

>You know this isn't true, don't lie.
Tell me how it isn't?
>Seems right, because Brazilians learn about Spanish-speaking Latin America and our language, oh wait...
I literally went to Cuzco and Buenos Aires without speaking a word of spanish
>Seems right, because Brazilians learn about Spanish-speaking Latin America and our language, oh wait...
We literally do kek
>Racism and xenophobia toward Peruvian never ceased, not even with this "sacred" UNASUR thing.
EL PERUANO

there's been talks about getting off it
Uruguay has been making deals with the Pacific alliance and EU on its own
Mercosur is mediocre at best when compared to all other trading blocks, it's just a government backed body meant to protect local inefficient manufacturers that don't feel like competing with foreigners
of course they can't compete with the ton of taxes the government demands from them, but if you pay attention, it means you can kill two birds with one stone; fuck the government, I should be able to use my money on whatever I want and not pay stupid fees to pay for a politician's lavish life

Macri is already unkekking Argentina as we speak.

Venezuela was failing before it left CAN

m8, pls do you even old school LatAm? Sure Paraguay and Bolivia were both poor countries that needed resources, but do you really think that commonfolk would sponsor a bloody war over oil? The elites that had foreign ties were the ones that wanted the war and wanted the sovereignty in the region. Literally all pre-XXI century LatAm history can be literally resumed to this

Huh, wasnt there in war few decades ago where the pope had to allow bolivian men to have multiple wifes because they got utterly decimated population wise?

>Tell me how it isn't?
Starting for the fact Portuguese is your language?

>I literally went to Cuzco and Buenos Aires without speaking a word of spanish
That's why I said, in the line below...

>We literally do
Read what you've just wrote.

>EL PERUANO
And you reaffirm the xenophobia. Well done, fellow South American "brother".

m8, Mercosur hasn't died even we had both Neoliberals full privatization pro-US puppets in power in 90s. Mercosur is literally more than an economic union, its objective is different from Alianza del Pacifico or NAFTA, it aims to be key block for integrating especially Brazil and Argentina, and it was designed for that since its inception, just like the EU was literally designed to integrate after war France and Germany

we supported the war over defending the only territory that was spared from the Triple Alliance war taking out, thanks for asking

Is the world ready for the Iberian akatsuki?

Why did you have to destroy the Guaraní dream?

Venezuela has 30 million population.

>Starting for the fact Portuguese is your language?
si pero es muy facil apriender español, y nosotros podemos muy bien hablar español sin saber una palabra en español
>And you reaffirm the xenophobia. Well done, fellow South American "brother".
kek you can't be real

it was bolivia that invaded Paraguay?

Hay al menos 5 errores ortográficos/gramaticales en tu frase. Así que no es tan fácil. Al menos perfeccionarlo.

This commie has no shame.

Thank God Bolsonaro will win next year

>si pero es muy facil apriender español, y nosotros podemos muy bien hablar español
Do you know there are programs to learn Portuguese in one month here?

Is easy, but I don't say I know Portuguese because I have not learn Portuguese.

Are you that naive or you're plainly lying?

>you can't be real
If you know Spanish, it is.

yes
you can blame USA though if you want :-D
Rutherford B. Hayes ruled over the territorial dispute between Paraguay and Argentina and Bolivia was like "heeey that's OUR land!"

Funny how we're the puppets when we oppose a Brazilian led bloc. Argies are right to want to bail the fail, unfortunately they'll have to leave Mercosur first.

>Thank God Bolsonaro will win next year

Is Bolsonaro the only alternative? I heard he had a bunch of corruption investigations and was functional to the leftists, meaning he could flip flop ideologies and change political discourses like nobody's business
a shady right wing politician can probably end up making more harm than good for the entire right wing side of things, probably even making people vote for the left on later elections

Alianza del Pacífico nations are still in talks of the TPP, and we recently got a deal with New Zealand and Australia.

Ecuador stronk
gib back land

Ibero american summit.

I'm not him lad. Also, we haven't forgotten your tariff tantrum.

pero hay comprendido lo que escribí, yo no sé hablar español mi amigo
me neither, what I am saying is that our languages are so similar that we can learn easily and there are no problem in travelling in communicating
m8, you can three options:
either be a puppet of country that has a similar culture to yours
be a puppet of country that disregards everything your country represents and solely wants to gain leverage in trade over your country
or literally create your own path through war and conquest a la Paraguay in the 1850s

>mfw Temer is there

APEC is better for us. Brazil and Mercosur countries put a lot of protectionism.

>either be a puppet of country that has a similar culture to yours
What about being really freindly neighbors and not trying to act like you were a USA wannabe.

We hadn't needed Brazil never, and it will be like that forever.

imagine a South America with Pax Lopeana
imagine all the people living life in peace ooh whoo whoo-oo-ooo

Our constitution:

Parágrafo único. A República Federativa do Brasil buscará a integração econômica, política, social e cultural dos povos da América Latina, visando à formação de uma comunidade latino-americana de nações.

we are not USA wannabes, if we were we would literally say all South America is ours by war or puppet stating you all, also we would never accept Argentina voting Macri or stuff like that. I find it funny that you didn't even consider the other options

>m8, you can three options:
either be a puppet of country that has a similar culture to yours
>be a puppet of country that disregards everything your country represents and solely wants to gain leverage in trade over your country
or literally create your own path through war and conquest a la Paraguay in the 1850s

Or you can responsibly hedge your partners and ally with successful, like-minded peers.

já do começo ameaçando todo mundo com imperialismo hein...

So you want to be a puppet of a country that disregards your culture and people and solely wants to gain leverage by trade and by empoverishing the people your country. So be it

Somos do bem, para com isso.

gib muamba plox

>if we were we would literally say all South America is ours by war or puppet stating

Happens that you already did along XIX century.

Look at this map, you even created an Acre state funded by bandeirantes to annex them.

>We have actual warships in Amazon river.