Explain to me why this isnt your favorite war movie Sup Forums

It has some of the best high energy and visceral battle scenes put on film

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf0h24ii7XY
youtube.com/watch?v=ovRhLzL_ZHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ppBo3UWcuAQ

Other urls found in this thread:

bigempire.com/filthy/blackhawkdown.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it was too cartoonish. Like it was meant for children where black vs white/ good vs evil is a thing. I'm not a moral relativist or liberal really, but it gave me kind of the same bad taste american sniper did.

Forgettable one-dimensional characters, the outcome of the battle means nothing to anyone.
and last but not least, Master and Commander is a better film.

We didnt get to see the somaliheroes rape the corpse of that one soldier :-(

It is a good film for showing the stupid, foolhardy endeavors of the US military in other countries. Superiors who are too incompetent to understand the actual needs of the battle. Meathead overzealous grunts getting blasted by cockroaches they underestimated. Absurd policy of getting more men killed in order to retrieve all useless corpses on the field. No man left behind is bullshit and just adds to the casualties, not to mention the utter insanity and incompetence of this entire operation. Astonishingly stupid, every single character in this film. So I guess it's a good film for criticizing the military. That said, I'd rather watch Starship Troopers since it's at least fun. BHD is an hour and a half too long and also boring and gay

It's not Apocalypse Now

It's got some of my favorite bad american accents in cinematic history.
Who the fuck let Ewen "Spud" Bremner on the set playing an american character. The fucking cunt is barely understandable in his native accent.

Because it's campy as fuck. I was looking forward to it, being a Riddly Scott movie, and it was when he actually did good movies.
Every shootout looks like a that fictional movie from Inglorious Basterds or CoD gameplay. I just could not take it seriously. Essential Murrica fuck yeah movie. I guess you really need to be an american to appreciate this shit.

Same goes for Hacksaw Ridge btw. What a letdown.

>this

And it's not a Great War Film. Interesting, exciting in points, intense, but so was The Bourne Ultimatum, also not a great war film.

>quick cut
>quick cut
>quick cut
>quick cut
>visceral

Fun fact: Every character in the film is named/based off a real person, except for Ewan Mcgregors character, because the real life inspiration for his character raped his 6 year old daughter multple times

>SPC John Stebbins was renamed as fictional "John Grimes." Stebbins had been convicted by court martial in 1999 for sexually assaulting his daughter.[6] Mark Bowden said the Pentagon, ever sensitive about public image decided to alter factual history by requesting the change.

You should consider suicide as a viable life choice.

red pills you pretty quick on the negro problem. Gotta have feels for american war kino as well. its a great movie. one that needed to be made.

I can name 10 better war films with ease

>Apocolypse Now
>Saving Private Ryan
>The Deer Hunter
>Platoon
>Full Metal Jacket
>Glory
>Das Boot
>The Battle of Algiers
>Lawrence of Arabia
>Battleship Potemkin

I could have probably done 25+ if I felt like it. Which of these films is Black Hawk Down better than?

whatever, enjoy your movie child. hope 4th period ROTC goes well tomorrow.

Platoon

Instead of arguing, I'll recommend an alternative film to take that film's place

>A Bridge Over River Kwai

I universally hate movies that glorify war. And BHD is basically an enlistment material.

Apparently this movie is one of the most accurate portrayals of modern combat to the point where the US Army uses parts of it in training.

I raise you a Hamburger Hill.

You're thinking of Hea-

ooooh you cheeky cunt you almost got me

I thought Heat was the most realistic shootout

Shit so I watched The Thin Red Line for nothing?
I'm on school break so I'm gonna download those you've mentioned, thanks for posting.

I will now reveal my hand, and you can see that because I've got not only Paths of Glory but also Grand Illusion I take home the pot. Well played, my friend, but no cigar

Nice pick user - ranks with ApocNow and Paths of Glory as kino.

Yeah sure. I bet they also use Counter Strike to teach US Army proper tactics of the hostage situation.

bigempire.com/filthy/blackhawkdown.html This is the only thing you need to read about BHD.

The production value is as always with Ridley Scott, amazing. It has fantastic action and all. But everything else? Falls really flat or backfires completely.

it's J R O T C get it right faggot!

Best war movie of the decade(?) coming through.

it is the most trashiest piece of pro american propganda ever made.
They even purposely make the niggers look like the enemy when the americans are in their country killing them.

You called my bluff champ. All I had was Pearl Harbor and Hacksaw Ridge.

This. The script and movie got heavily edited in exchange for the militaries support. It became propaganda of the worst sort: the one that's obvious.

13 Hours exist

Underrated post.

lol please

BHD is realistic, shows the capabilities of our military and also their failures.

It's one of the best war films of all time.

Did you even read the book?

Take out the part of Delta showing up with nods and taking out the recoiless rifle and it's pretty dead set on, with the exception of not showing a third helicopter being shot down but landing in friendly area

>where black vs white/ good vs evil is a thing.
So just like real life?

Why did the Pentagon demand they cut the friendly fire incidents? Why did they rename John Stebbins aka "John Grimes"?

What kind of realism are you talking about? The kind that is convenient?

Yeah, it was pretty good.

John Stebbins got a silver star, then molested a fucking 9 month old. They changed his name, but he was far from the only character that was a rollup of two or three actuals

Friendly Fire was in Ridley's cut - no one died from it.

Realism as in as they went down streets they got cut down

I guess you never were in but ask any vet - the movie is pretty spot on aside from the usual hollywood kitsch they throw in every film

Fuck, the scene of the soldier bleeding out and freaking out is realistic as shit dude, I still can't watch it