I find it really edgy how someone can be religious in the 21st century

I find it really edgy how someone can be religious in the 21st century

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d_HlPboLRL8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_humanism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*tips fedora

People need some reason to not kill themselves, nothing edgy about it.

Well then we should stop indoctrinating children should we not?

we're not in the 19th century where the lives of 90% of the people are to farm all day

I thought that was aurora at first glance.

youtube.com/watch?v=d_HlPboLRL8

>Yesssss goym let the Public Education System tell them what to believe in

No religion in public schools.. No religion in most colleges.. No religion in entertainment.. Who's indoctrinating who?

>children don't spontaneously learn language in a vacuum
>we shouldn't indoctrinate our children with language just because it's "convenient"
>who are we to say being a feral pink ape isn't really the best life for a human being?

some people feel the need to have imaginary friends, like gods or anime waifus

they're suffering from a mild schizophrenia, you shouldnt make fun of them or call them edgy

I agree. But if you think that just because the currently popular religions are untrue that therefore no supreme being exists, you are mistaken.

Honestly that's really it. If people think or focus too hard about the inevitabilities of life they'll probably kill themselves

>not having an anime waifu
what is wrong with you

american education system at work

Parents who get their children baptized when they can't even walk?

No, let them figure out shit themself.

Go on and tell your children how the earth is 6000 years old for all I care, but then don't wonder why you're in a country full of morons.

i'm american, not gook

this desu

>imaginary
> anime waifu

Choose one and only one.

They're children. They're SUPPOSED to be taken care of you neglectful shit

Children need their teddy bear.

>I find it edgy how people can follow many millennia of tradition at this current century
No wonder you're losing your country to t*rks

Wrong.
>brainwashed since birth.
not religious.
Not killing myself.

Parents

Nowhere I said they should not be taken care of Achmed

>No, let them figure out shit themself.

Let them figure out calculus if you're so confident in them

>implying Misaki isn't real

You can't know if a supreme being exists.

You have to follow a narrative for that supreme being to make sense.

In Christian one God created the world - man dies because he wanted to define his own good and evil - God took human flesh to show us how to live as humans and to restore our corrupt souls for eternal life.

>In Indian / Asian religions - there is no God, rather there is an abstract ocean of impersonal energy - that has no purpose or desire.

There's a belief in pointless reincarnations - but most importantly the world is seen as eternal, and always been here - which contradicts scientific model - so you can't really take Asian religions seriously.

Other than that what alternatives you have?

If you drop everything then only explanation left is the theoretical model science proposed - everything is meaningless, random, mechanical - there is no meaning.

Jesus fucking christ.
You show them how to explore the world, gain knowledge, and basic social and reasoning skills, not fucking math.
That's for later and that's why we have teachers.

the statistical chance of a supreme being like that existing is very low, considering how many religions there are and how everything is based on anecdotal evidence and unscientific theories by very uneducated people, its just edgy to think of something like that, just as edgy as being a fedora atheist

Christ is the teacher of morality

They won't form any stable principles if you just let them be

It will drive them mad

You can do anything you want, and yet you choose the most boring shit out there. There's science, there's sports, there's hunting, for fuck's sake, why waste your time on this shit?

>teach them how to learn, basic social and "reasoning" (whatever that means) skills
>let them figure everything else by themselves

I hope you won't have children for their own sake. Also, by teaching them "basic social skills" you are probably teaching morality which means you are indoctrinating them.

I was walking around with my 2 year old nephew yesterday. As a very young child, he personifies inanimate objects and events. Everything gets human and conscious characteristics to it.

A stick needs to go back home with his friends in a pile of sticks. Toys are thinking, have friends and feelings, a big stick is the daddy stick and a little stick is a baby stick.

This is a part of every human's development, it is only later in their development when they realize that inanimate objects really are inanimate, don't have thoughts and aren't living things with human characteristics.

The last stage of this process for a lot of people is realizing that the whole universe itself isn't conscious or driven by a personified character. A lot of people never grasp the fact that the universe isn't thinking with human characteristics, these people are called christians.

It's really a failure of development.

ITS THE CURRENT CENTURY

>if you did something bad just ask god for forgiveness and everthing will be alright

WTF is that alien on OP pic?

>religion
>tradition

>the statistical chance of a supreme being like that existing is very low,
how low? 2%? 20%? 49.9999999%? how do you quantify it?

>considering how many religions there
so because different people have different ideas about the nature and history X, X doesn't exist?

>anecdotal evidence
like all of history

>unscientific theories
science is the study of nature, it has nothing to say about the supernatural, if it did it would be begging the question

A study of the bible without historical context and other religions makes no sense at all.
Teach them the golden rule, that's enough

It's people like you who are responsible for groups like fucking isis, you know that right?
I understand that you don't know what reasoning means, but teaching a child they should not punch other kids because they don't like getting punched themself is not indoctrinating you utter moron

Forgiveness both from God and from whom we wrong

Matthew 5:22

tripfags are still fags, famalan.

It's a white person but Dane wouldn't know that since you are basically Somalia.

ayy lmao

yeah its just go to work and watch tv all day

not much difference friendo

religion gives standards for continuation of the worship of the G-d which gives strength-inducing measures.

If you want to be a commie queer, then you can be regarded as one.

If you want standards, the backing of the G-d, and traditions going back a thousand years, Catholicism is for you.

If you want to live like a degenerate to be a damned being with no protection, go play with OP.

below 0.1%, its not a realistic theory at all, there are thousands of gods in thousands of religious and sects, there are thousands of religious theories about their gods and creations, theyre all different, made by people who would think that the sun is a god and that fire is granted by the fire god, or that thunders comes from again, a god that lives in the clouds, while theres a scientific explanation for everything people have thought a god grants them, science studies absolutely everything

Why would you study other religions along with Christianity?

>Teach them the golden rule, that's enough

>"Do unto others what you would have done unto yourself"

Relativistic. Tastes differ

Baptism means nothing without faith

And the majority of people in the US/Australia/NZ/UK believe in evolution.

>it's the current century

>every time i see a +30 womyn walk her +50 lbs dog

>below 0.1%
where did you pull this number from? your ass?
show me how you've calculated it.

>there are thousands of gods in thousands of religious and sects
so what? what people think has no bearing on what exists.

You go and tell your kids that consciousness is just electrical impulses you utter moron

Considering the genetic makeup of every organism on planet, the order of things - and all the cosmic coincidences which just create this world as a whole - statistically biblical God following the genesis narrative could exist.

It's irrelevant how many religions are there - it's in humans freedom to do w/e

If God reveled Himself - humans would split up hundreds of religions on that revelation.

Look at Christianity - you had many cults around Christianity in the first decades - cults that gave birth to more cults.

But the original Church still exists today and w/e seeks can still find it.

And even if you assume educated people and opinions contradict God - it's not the case.

Unless you're uneducated yourself and assume all theories are facts - and then you take many unlinked opinions from various sciences and mix their conclusions together to give birth to a new conclusion.

Scientific method does not contradict God - it just studies the phenomena in the universe which we know from Genesis narrative God created. And we just find with every moment that God is indeed very wise and His creation is very complex.

The statical odds of a God are still better than the odds that everything come from nothing at all and then organized itself into a universe with physical laws.

I would fuck the shit out of this boy

The majority of people are too retarded to function without some kind of overarching belief system, so it's probably best that they have a religion instead of a cult.

>you made ISIS
No, Ahmed, it's more like your fault for not fighting it.

>you don't know what reasoning is
Yes I do, what I don't know is what "reasoning skillz" mean, and how you can teach those.

>teaching a child they should not punch others is not indoctrinating
You are literally teaching moral values to them, why can't parents with Christian moral values teach those to their children? Suddenly only YOUR moral values are acceptable?

Hey everyone, gather up, from now no we can only teach Ahmed's moral values to our children! Because he said so!

Oh and a note on this

>teach them the golden rule
No Ahmed you can't do that you indoctrinator ISIS breeder! The golden rule appears in the Bible, we must strictly not teach anything from the Bible to our children!

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do
to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
(Matthew 7:12)

>I will dumb things down to my level of understanding to make a point

The only possible God that may exist is the Deist version of God.
Religions' God is fucking pants-on-head retarded.

His morality is based on (((science))) mate

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_humanism

Not the fedoras, everything they believe is original and entirely their own unique opinion. They are enlightened by the vastness of their own vast intelligence. Religion is just for the plebs not smart or mystical enough to be fedoras.

Militant atheism is a religion substitute.

And you still couldn't come up with an argument against it.

A substitute, or a laughably pathetic, and inferior form of religion?

>so what? what people think has no bearing on what exists.
exactly, that's why science is the only thing to believe in

i calculated it based on the amount of possibilities every religion gives, the amount of religious illusions beat and proven by science, i can't give you an exact number but i can tell you its below 0.1%, also the vastness of space has a huge influence as well, every alien life possibility such as the goldilock zone, the amount of planets, the amount of galaxies, does not really put the world as flat and only one, which is what the Bible wants you to believe

you can believe in whatever you want but it doesnt make sense due to scientific researches which have nothing to do with religion personally, but they show that the world is less and less what those religions want you to believe, which were created before any significant researches were even made, just look at how many planets there are in our galaxy and how many galaxies there are, how many different religions are which you cannot prove which is real or not, how scientifically uneducated people thought of them etc etc

I'm not even an Atheist you mug

well hello kike, here to educate us on how religion is bad for all people but jews?

here to pit us against each other? or just here to tell us how we abandon christianity and let the muslims rape our children?

Atheists don't know about muh dubs.

Let me guess, you're that Christian Identity guy from earlier?

Way to miss the point, my black subhuman friend.
I'm not saying don't teach the good stuff in the bible, the sermon of the mount being an obvious example.
But you can teach that without the need of religion or the church.

I don't really see a reason to tell them they shouldn't kill and then tell them how moses slaugtered midianites.
Fuck your religion if it's only moral if you cherrypick.

No - agnostic

Probably on a similar level to people who claim the Grand Canyon is evidence of a biblical flood a few thousand years ago.

>The statical odds of a God are still better than the odds that everything come from nothing at all and then organized itself into a universe with physical laws.

What are the odds of a god appearing out of nowhere?

The fact is, thousands of fictional gods have been given credit for creating the world.

Why should we believe your fictional god fantasies are any different?

Go watch Common filth, you'll become religious in a blink of an eye.

Americans have really no working education system at all, he

checkem

You're the one cherry picking your morality mate

Knowingly as well

>this guy from thousands of years ago killed people during a period of war and slavery

I hope you won't teach history to your children too! That'd be ISIS breeding and they would grow up without the reasoning skils!

hes a bit of a prick cant stand his vids desu though i agree with most of the things he says

I don't know about that. Most atheists are more mystical than many religious people.
Thinking thinks move for no reason, let alone, their belief in the miracle of creation, makes me think they are an a different level of religiosity altogether.

>Militant atheism is a religion substitute.

If your cognitive skills are so badly damaged your fell for the lies of a religion, then it makes perfect sense that you'd also fall for the obvious cognitive dissonance that "non-belief" is somehow "belief"

>becoming religious over political opinion
Weak

Nobody really believes in religion anymore.

They convert for practical reasons. Like to make their daughters less slutty.

Then it should be pretty easy to refute what I'm saying, Mr. Mystical. Tell me, how did matter move itself? What kind of wizardry do you espouse?

Yeah but to have someone that organize everything as it is organized, this guy needs to be at least as complex as the things he is organizing.
Then the odds are even lower to have a being able to organize everything than to have everything organize itself.

he has a right to be a prick, you're supposed to be a prick to degenerates. If you dont see eye to eye with him ask him or tell your side on r/Commonfilth

It doesn't take much to realize that genesis narration is not a scientific paper so you judging it like that makes no sense.

What makes you think discoveries from field of physics, medicine, chemistry, neuro-biology show that the world is less and less of an complex creation - I don't get it, such a claim could only come from a nihilistic mindset.

Scientific method does no have the aim to prove - or show anything specific rather, than observe, collect, test - theorize and name the laws.

Main thing is if you look over the reveled text on Christian bible - which is Pentateuch the first 5 books of the old testament. Which tradition and Jesus backed this up - claim that Moses wrote them under a dialogue with God.

They don't talk about the physical makeup of the world, they don't attempt to describe any physical process and try to explain it in a way which gives a comfortable lie.

Then the first 4 gospels which are eye witnesses account of Jesus words in His public work - Jesus is not shown to describe the inner works of the universe, does not have a scientific dialogue, as you understand it today.

If in 1500 for example a group of christians claimed that earth is flat and insisted on that - was their opinion tho.

It's not the worst example - many groups of people had lots of stupid opinions, from all categories of life.

>the word of god
>n-no that part is not important, it's just the word of god, but I disagree with it

Please, idiot. You act like you did a careful analysis and came to the conclusion that God doesn't exist. Atheists are atheist for the same reasons teenage boys smoke cigarettes.

>Most atheists are more mystical than many religious people

So says the guy with brain damage.

Why is it the worst insult you can hurl at a non-believer is that he is somehow religious?

>i calculated the 'statistical chance' of God existing based on the fact that there are a plurality of views on him
well, that's retarded, especially since you already agreed that 'what people think has no bearing on what exists.'
we weren't discussing whether one religion has described God with 100% veracity, we were discussing whether or not God exists.

>the vastness of space has a huge influence as well
the argument from scale is really bad
>p1: the universe is big
>p2: why did god make a universe so big?
>c: therefore, god doesn't exist
yes, i'm strawmanning, try to formulate it yourself in a way that's not ridiculous though (you can't)

>every alien life possibility
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

Nice meme arrows, you destroyed me, Ahmed, congratulations, I have no more arguments. Carry on with your reasoning skulls.

You won't if you are still alive and the world ends in it. Don't worry, it won't.
Motherfuck your storefront Joogle!

>This is how Atheist youtube videos had made him think

Militant atheism is a fairly specific belief system.

Oh please, We looked into the universe and god was absent. Mythical Creatures don't exist. Grow up.

>Literally violates the Law of Entropy and implies something can be given without first possessing it.

lulz, and you probably don't even know what I'm talking about.
Poorly educated idiot.