What's your honest opinion on avocados? Is it true that many Europeans have never even tasted it?

What's your honest opinion on avocados? Is it true that many Europeans have never even tasted it?

I like guacamole with my Tacos.

It's good in a burrito, but putting it on toast was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life and I want California and Australia to pay me reparations.

It’s difficult to get hold of good, fresh avocado in Europe. You can get it in supermarkets but it’s pretty meh

the godliest of fruits

Fucking gaijins I hate every single one of you
The price of avocado has gone up like 500% in the last 5 years

I enjoy eating it with pure sugar. Only ameritards eat avocados with salty food.
You can use a literal newspaper to evolve them in and let them rest, they'll get ready to eat faster this way. Try it some time.

This
Piss the fuck off

So start a farm and earn more money?

That's real? How the fuck do you get to that?

Poor people don't deserve to taste avocado desu, I hope it goes up to €10 for a medium avocado soon.

You do realize avocados originated in Mexico? We don't eat it with sugar

That's why i love having three avocado trees in my street

unlimited free avocado supply!

Disgusting, slimy, barely any taste

We eat it everyday, three trees aren't going to cut it for even a small block

Welcome to reality

our millenials are wasting all their money on these bastards no wonder why they're all broke and can't afford houses

4 dollars for a kilo is too much already
>haha yeah bro, just buy a couple acres of land and invest thousands in greenhouses
Doesn't it takes like 3 years before your trees start giving fruit?

>Only ameritards eat avocados with salty food.

qué

How can the Dominican Republic produce so much avocados in such a small amount of clay and how come the US produces so few? I'm sure they have tons of land where it could grow just fine

Feel like I'm the only white person here

you've fucked it mate

well shit bruh no one told us there was a fucking avocado tournament going down or maybe we would be

America is ""supposed"" to be number 1 at everything dude. It's no about a fucking tournament

When I lived in CA I loved avacados. They're so good. But even just over a little bit to Colorado they already suck.

I can't imagine what shit they taste like overseas where they don't grow them.

probably cheaper to import from mejico.

Climate

Avocados are from here.

no
>The plant was introduced to [...], Brazil in 1809
it was MUH ancestors who domesticated it
>there is evidence for three possible separate domestications of the avocado, resulting in the currently recognized Mexican (aoacatl), Guatemalan (quilaoacatl), and West Indian (tlacacolaocatl) landraces.[8][9] The Mexican and Guatemalan landraces originated in the highlands of Mexico and Guatemala, respectively, while the West Indian landrace is a lowland variety that ranges from Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador to Peru

>Is it true that many Europeans have never even tasted it?
Doubtful. They're as common as dirt here

Try avocado ice cream. That shit is so good I think some kind of sweet avicado paste (like peanut butter) would be a good product here and internationally

No doubt but that's unusual, my point is claiming the proper way to eat it is with sugar is ludicrous, it's a staple here, not some seasonal treat but traditional everyday food and it's also a pre-columbine tradition which did originate here, most Mexicans will generally eat it as a spread or on top of savory foods, on its own with salt and lime or as (usually spicy) guacamole.

The Aztecs had ananas but I wouldn't claim them as Mexican since those are from Brazil, same as beans are Peruvian or peanuts are Argentine.

The avocado apparently evolved to be eaten by an extinct giant sloth which could pass the single giant seed through its gut. It probably would have gone extinct if humans didn't happen to find it tasty.

Disgusting trash, there's nothing I hate more in my life than fucking avocados.

Fuck you and go and pay debts

I've always found this very interesting, germinating avocados looks straightforward but the actual process must have necesitated some bit of trial and error, it is fascinating the tree evolved in such close relationship with the giant sloth.

Fuck you motherfucker
I hope bad things happen to you, guy

It's like the Calvin & Hobbes strip where he asks "Who's the first person who ever looked at a cow and said 'Y'know, I'm gonna squeeze these things and drink the stuff that comes out of them.'"

this desu

Indeed, swedish tacos are the best tacos.

why the fuck are you sharing your precious avocados?

>tfw no third world countries nearby to import cheap avos from

they're already up to $3.50 for good NZ ones

Avocado is literally shit tier food, get fucked.

Dude, eat avocado it's a lifestyle

From what I remember avocado requires some rediculous weather condition & care to grow so it's not grown everywhere.

it tastes like shit
well not like shit
in fact the opposite of shit
but i'd rather taste shit

Kill yourself

True for me, I had never eaten it before coming here.

Kill yourself

And still we don't grow them properly. We are over using our land because of it.

It's good prepared, but I would rather eat other kind of fruit instead, because is a pain in the ass to keep it fresh.

Our biggest exporter is Uruapan, Michoacan and whenever I go there I can't find good avocados for sale, and it's a shithole because of the narcos.

>beans are Peruvian
No, the majority of them are from mesoamerica
Potatoes are Peruvian, tho

test

Trash.

Bread and avocados (palta) for breakfast is patrician plus black coffee

Like your taste in food, you fucking subhuman

lmao. i eat it with sugar too, fuck off

Love you Chile.
Not a fan of avacados.
I hate cucumber more. Way more.

>says the butthurt indio while eating shit tier avocado

based

Honestly this. I eat like 2 avocados a day, there's just not much else that's so versatile. Both fruit and vegetable, good on sandwiches and salad, good for breakfast, lunch, etc.

Palta is love, palta is life.

t.immigrant sudaca

I like them raw with oil and pepper

i fucking hate it. disgusting

I had a neighbour with an avocado tree during childhood and never even imagined people eat those things
we only used them to wait until they get rotten and then throw them at stuff lol how hungry do you got to be to eat a filthy palta

u got the disgusting.

Try actually reading what is being discussed before jumping in into a discussion, the hue got this strated here >Only ameritards eat avocados with salty food.
that's how this small shit discussion got started, I don't have to take some dumb fuck dictating our ancestral traditions are wrong or appropiating products they have nothing to do with. If in upside down South America, because culturally that's what you are, a regional variation on Colombian culture, you people decide to put fucking sugar or oreos or fucking mayonaise on avocado it doesn't mean the way Mexicans have been doing it since before European arrival is wrong. Learn some fucking manners and some respect.

I stand corrected, I looked it up and found they did indeed originate in Mesoamerica. I guess I had that one wrong, still the point stands, one should respect the originators of any given crop regarding its culinary tradition.

Got a couple of avocado trees and they put out a decent amount of fruit, pretty tasty on toast + cheese

>How the fuck do you get to that?
Be american

I love them, for lunch/snack I like to cut one in half, add a bit of sea salt, and just scoop it out.

You're doing it right

I hate it.

They love it here but I think it's shit.

I can buy them for a dollar each at Walmart.

its shit
its a hippy thing, tastes like grass

kek

extremely bland, no wonder nu-males love it

Come on, you people cry with what we consider a mild guacamole

Let foreigners hate them. Maybe then we can get back our normal prices back.

durr what's an avocado? please teach us europeans about this phenomenon

They're pretty good, but they taste like shit if they're not ripe.

I think they're nasty (texture, not flavor) but people have been trying to get me to eat them my entire goddamn life because apparently everyone else in my family loves them. Pretty much the only way I actually like them is as guacamole and I can tolerate it in other contexts (part of a salad, snuck into a sandwich, etc.) but I'll go out of my way to avoid them if at all possible.

is that nut inside edible?

No.

Some people dry, ground and roast it to make tea and shit like that
Apparently it's super nutritious or something but I've never had it

I've never tried it so far as well and i don't think I should.

Never eat/saw one

I've eaten it a couple of times. It's not bad but it's not good either.

kind of like american """cuisine"""

I eat an avocado almost every day

Tried it only once. Fail to see the point, it's completely tasteless.

How is 3rd worldliness correlated with avocado production, stupid bogan?

i eat them in a smoothie with cucumber, bananas, lemon

Apparently here young people are not supposed to eat avocados if they can’t afford to buy a house,

>Is it true that many Europeans have never even tasted it?
I think haven't.

Not missing much desu

And that's wrong... how exactly? If you stop eating avocados you can save like $200 a year. Keep that up for 3000 years and you can get a nice little apartment. Stop being a lifespanlet.