Is this show worth watching? I started watching the first episode before work and it really intrigued me...

Is this show worth watching? I started watching the first episode before work and it really intrigued me. What did you think?

Everything involving the Reich and the Japanese is pretty enjoyable.

The US Resistance movement parts are kinda of boring.

Overall it's a good show.

What did Amazon mean by this?

It's pretty good.
S2>S1

It's a great show. But its very character and dialogue driven, which puts off the plebs.

The character in the post above mine is elemental deity-tier. Best character in a show I've seen in a while.

It's definitely worth watching, OP.

this, basically. The show's strong points are its world building and Rufus Sewell being based as fuck. The U.S. characters are a bit weak in season 1 but get better in season 2. Actually pretty much everything is better in season 2.

If episode 1 grabbed you stick with it.

Eh... I've watched 6 episodes so far and have yet to be 'drawn in' like most other shows I watch. I think it's above average, but not amazing so far.

I mean the character that guy posted

It's a little bit slow, but
turns out to be based as fuck if you keep watching. you don't even have to be sympathetic to nazis to like him

The resistance stuff is not very interesting most of the time. I hope that changes

it's a pretty good show

Childhood is when you idolize Obergruppenführer John Smith.
Adulthood is when you realize Inspector Kido prevented WWIII twice almost by himself.

It's very very good. And season 2 is better than season 1.

I like that it's virtually the only fiction that deals with the nazis that has moral shades of gray. There are good and evil men on all sides. And virtually all of them are doing right according to their own code of values.

There's many fantastic performances. Joe Blake as the Obergruppenfuhrer is a fantastic and heroic man.... but he buys the nazi belief system 100% but he still shows compassion and heroic behavior frequently.

Joe Blake is very interesting as a conflicted man caught between the resistance and the nazi party, not really knowing to which side he belongs.

Juliana Crane is absolutely beautiful to look at. She has that old world film noir beauty that you don't see much these days.

Inspector Kiddo and the bounty hunter are terrifying.

A really great cast and a really great story. But I feel like it really picks up in season 2 when it passes the events of the novel (much like the seasons that passed where the GoT novels ends).

A really great show. Shouldn't be missed.

I suspect it doesn't get the credit it deserves because the nazis and japanese, though occasionally they may do monstrous things, are just people capable of good and evil like any other.

It's a story of many people with many different value systems surviving in a fucked up world.

I really hope there's a season 3. I would put it evenly tied with Game of Thrones for the best thing on tv.

season 1 is alright, but season 2 is fucking kino and they fixed a lot of season 1s problems.

so yes, its worth watching.

>John Smith as Obergruppenfuhrer

corrected.

Yea I really warmed up to his character in season 2, though he did gas frank's sister and kids in cold blood so he's still a dick

>evenly tied with Game of Thrones for the best thing on tv
Were you trying to discredit your entire post in the last few words? absolute madman

That's just it, and it really IS what I love about it so much. John Smith and Inspector Kiddo are just doing what they think is right.... and occasionally that manifests itself in pretty fucked up ways. But they also are both very heroic, and to their cause, worthy of being put on a pedestal. Of course there's innocents that get caught in the crosshairs and get dealt with brutally.

But the problem with virtually any fiction that tries to tackle WW2 is they use cartoon villains, doing evil for evil's sake, and that's not how the world really is. Everyone strives to do right according to their code of values.

This movie has the human nuance that is needed to address this material properly (like The Downfall).

Of course that always rubs lefties the wrong way because they'd rather have Nazi's enthusiastically gassing everyone for the fun of it rather than considering that they were people too.

In order to understand the mentalities of the enemies in WW2, you must first understand they were people just like us.... by trying to turn them into inhuman monsters, you become incapable of learning from their lessons.... the US right now is doing a lot of things similarly to the Nazis in WW2 but people can never understand that parallel if they believe the nazis were just inhuman monsters, they can never realize just how much their current behavior resembles them.

>(much like the seasons that passed where the GoT novels ends).

yea I agree him and Smith are well written characters. And I like how the show depicts different philosophies when it comes to ruling the conquered USA.I thought moving Juliana to the east coast in season 2 really gave her character a jump start.

>Of course that always rubs lefties the wrong way because they'd rather have Nazi's enthusiastically gassing everyone for the fun of it rather than considering that they were people too
Dude, please don't make the same mistake you are criticizing. I'm left leaning but I realize it's retarded to just think of these people as simply evil monsters. I know they were people just like me, doing what they thought was right. At the same time I understand your criticism, because sjws and reactionary retards have taken over what was my party

Juliana is an absolute beauty to look at.... but admittedly she doesn't steal the show the way Joe Blake, Kiddo, or John Smith do. But yeah, I agree with you, moving her to the East Coast made for a very interesting twist to the story. Just as letting Joe Blake go to Berlin to meet his father was very interesting.

I also liked how they recreated Germania from Speer's/Hitler's sketches and models. It DOES look like CG but it's interesting to see what might have been.

It would be hell to live under fascism, but the Germans did neoclassical architecture better than anyone.

Yes definitely. Season 1 is more set in the Japanese area but supposedly Season 2 is more about the Greater Reich.

Juliana is cute but I prefer pic related. It's probably the accent.

And yea seeing Berlin is cool.

>It belonged to a great man whose race was annihilated

Damn that part got me right in the feels. ;-;

Pretty good. Haven't finished on s2ep8 it but somethings the bother me.

Why does the resistance/TMITHC want the films if hes the one sending them out?
Why is this not brought up?
Why doesn't Juliana bring up the fact that the resistance we're the ones who tried to kill her? That the one faggot wanted to kill her against orders, then gets his gf killed, then blames Juliana even though it was all his fault.
If the west coast and east coast resistance are so close knit, then how did they not know Joe was a Nazi? among other things.
How does TMITHC not know that a top resistance guy was who he was looking for?

Is any of this shit explained? Also, John Smith, best character.