Essential David Lynch kino?

Essential David Lynch kino?

Blue Velvet is probably his best film.

Dumbland

Blue velvet and mullhulland Dr for pure lynch.

Straight story for pure comfy.

elephant man for tears

mullhulland drive for boners

this

I'm going to watch it all fairly soon, to see if he's up his own ass or not. After watching Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me, I want to say he just does shit he finds interesting and leaves it to everybody else to find meaning in it.

Everything he's made

lost highway

David Lnych: The Art Life is great

THE most essential would be Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive. My personal favorite is Wild At Heart. He only has like 10 movies and they're all good. Just watch them all. Save Dune and Inland Empire for last though.

Inland Empire is the purest manifestation of his dream-like, surreal style. It's three hours of nightmarish nonsense and I love it.

>Save Dune and Inland Empire for last though.
why?

>Lynch
>Kino
pick one

the cleveland show

Do some drugs, and you'll experience Lynch kino live.

Inland Empire is the Man with a Movie Camera of the 21st Century. It is the most experimental, surreal, and technically brilliant film I may have ever seen. Lynch proves that all he needs is a simple DV camera to show the world the entire range of human emotions and the human experience from the happiest to the darkest moments we must go through to achieve salvation and cleansing of the soul. This film is not so much about a particular story or narrative as it is about analyzing, exploring, and creating a visual palette for ideas about traveling to and from the past, present, and future as it relates to our constant journey back and forth into our own psyches and our collective unconscious. Each of Lynch's films explores the mind in terms of Jungian philosophy, focusing particularly on The Shadow; however, Inland Empire goes further in this direction than any film previous to it. If Mulholland Drive was 25% a dark and surreal suspense thriller ghost story and journey into the nether regions of the mind and 75% classical, yet not necessarily structural or connected narrative, Inland Empire is 10% straight narrative and 90% raw psychological horror ghost story.
The journey is long and hard but at the end you will be rewarded with the kind of peace and serenity that can only come from a meditation this long, deep, and powerful. I was filled with only inner bliss as I left the theatre and slept like a baby, completely at peace. This is David Lynch's most powerful film and speaks volumes on the many unexplored topics of how this medium can communicate, terrify, and heal in ways we have not yet even begun to understand.

Everything except Dune is essential, but the most essential are Twin Peaks, (especially FWWM, which is his masterwork) Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire.

Seeing it in a few days, I can't wait. I'm curious to see how a documentary about a notoriously private filmmaker who is reluctant to speak about his movies will turn out, but I could listen to Lynch wax philosophical for days.

Mulholland Drive for tears and boners tbqh

The Straight Story is incredibly underrated

Fuk u

>watch Mulholland Drive for the first time the other day
>already watched Twin Peaks and Eraserhead so I think I kinda know what to expect of Lynch
>still catches me completely off-guard and I'm like "WHAT THE FUCK" at the end
goddamnit David!
loved it though and wanna rewatch it soon.

This. This user knows.

>david lynch tries digital
Easily his worst and a pleb filter. Fuck off rebbit.

holy shit i never noticed that was him even voiced him

It IS a pleb filter, but not in the way you think pleb.

All of it. Not necessarily because all of it is great - it isn't - but because much of his work is unique and influential enough to merit individual evaluation instead of relying on consensus(which is typically not a good idea, but sometimes necessary). Particularly because his lowest-rated feature film also happens to be his best, in my opinion.

A pleb filter it is indeed, but the phrase doesn't mean what you think it means.

It's just him experiementing with new technology. It sucks. The reddit influx has no taste.

No, the technology is the least of it, though I think it adds much to the film's surreal quality. I've also heard it looks better in a cinema, strangely enough.

It's not. It doesn't. It went over your head.

Eraserhead and Dune.

Maybe the other stuff, but those two are patrician.

They're respectively his worst and his best movie.

Why is Cannibal Holocaust not here?

Inland Empire is not a real movie. Don't go into it thinking you are going to watch a movie.

Lynch bought a digital camera, became fascinated with it and just filmed endless hours of random shit and whatever he thought about, then edited it down into a product he called Inland Empire.

There is nothing deep or hidden within, no secondary meanings or any of that pretentious shit. It's just lynches stream of consciousness fed into a handheld camera.

>There is nothing deep or hidden within, no secondary meanings or any of that pretentious shit.
Who are you talking to? Nobody sane claims there's some uber deep hidden enlightened meaning in any of Lynch's films. You're making that up. Besides, whyever the fuck would any of these things be necessary to make it great, which it is? The pretense is all yours.

You're an anti-art philistine who shouldn't be watching Lynch at all.

Why is the nigger Django in there, it shat the bed as all new tarantino cuck films do in the end.

This

I would say Mulholland Drive, but it's more dzieło than kino

>dzieło
These words get more obscure by the day.

How is what I said anti-art? I didn't say Inland Empire was bad or wasn't art, I just said it wasn't a movie in the traditional sense, because it isn't.

How so?

I definitely like Eraserhead the best. I wish he would do another completely surreal horror film again.

Well, well, well.

Looks like you guys got meme'd.

Don't worry, everybody on this website has experienced it one or two times. Probably your first time here, eh?

Let me give you a quick word of advice. Don't post on my website until you have lurked for more than 2 years.

I already have contacted the moderators, they will keep track of your IP adresses. I don't want to see you making any mistakes again.

So long kids, watch yourselves.

>bee Lynch
>make super ultra mega meta feministicuntwat film which also is a commentary on fiction itself, its effects on its consumers, creators, the infinite regression of fiction within fiction within fiction...etcetera))) and tons of other interesting themes, but is essentially a film portraying ley poawur abyoozd wymynzzz being abused by ley eevol meyen, and it frustrated the shit out of some of his most devoted iDolators who're themselves mostly leftists, (cultural) marxists, postmodernists, critical theorists, feminists, and so on, but they couldn't even pretend to wrap their minds around his (at that time) latest steaming fresh from the oven, baked bowl of pseudotwodeepfouryou shite
kek, fucken Lynch, you silly troll
still like mii some Lynchian horror-kino toobeeonnest though, y'know?
crazy clown time

>CALL ME

maybe

absolutely abhorrent post

none
we don't like lynch on this board kiddo
maybe reddit's more your speed

>capeshit is kino
When are you faggots going to learn that superheroes are for children

It was obviously sarcastic, I know, but Cannibal Holocaust should have been there, still.

The film is awful.

I've been on this website for four years.

David Lynch Cooking Quinoa

No that's Jodorowsky. Most Lynch films are easy to understand or will at least have all the "keys" you need to figure out what it the film means

Dune isn't that great (Lynch has basically disowned it) and Inland Empire is his most experimental and strange. It's good but you should only watch it after you've gotten used to what Lynch is about

Inland Empire, no discussion

never watched twin peaks

is this Simpsons scene accurate or just a facile parody made by someone who read a wiki summary

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDa-_Vq51I

accurate

Nothing since he switched to the meme that is digital filmmaking.

FROGMOTHS

I think you mean Transcendental meditation and a pack of cigarettes

This is how I learned to pronounce quinoa and now I always hear it in David's voice

Literally entry level to Lynch's content. If anything, Twin Peaks + Fire Walk with Me is his best work balanced between what's actually digestible for the general public and his batshit insane mind.
Mullholand Drive and Inland Empire is where is at for the pure David Lynch experience, though.

I wanted to say a big FUCK YOU to my friend when he said he hated this movie.

REALLY? It is by far Lynch's best work

I know it's not a big deal but it bothers me that Lynch let Hopper change his vision. Originally he was supposed to have like a baby voice from the gas he huffs. That would have worked so much better with Hopper acting like a crazy tits-obsessed child. I've thought about doing my own fan edit of it...

Where is that from?