Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: what is the worst movie made by an academy award winning director

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/FutureDays/
vimeo.com/31010933
letterboxd.com/Ni7san/
letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/
letterboxd.com/Arokz/
areomagazine.com/2017/03/27/how-french-intellectuals-ruined-the-west-postmodernism-and-its-impact-explained/
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/robertopancake/
letterboxd.com/sylvydra/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the social network sucked

Birdman

Previous thread:

Not sure if i should watch cruising or sorcerer today.

It was good to see some of the same energy that was in Tokyo fist, Bullet ballet and the first two tetsuo films, in Kotoko. No one does shaky cam better than Tsukamoto.

letterboxd.com/FutureDays/

>2017
>watching flicks
>not reading books

>not doing both

Have you seen Haze? It will blow your mind vimeo.com/31010933

No. Will do soon

>2017
>can't do both

What does /lbg/ think of Carol?

Love too see nineteen variations on four different jokes all day on the /lbg/

haven't seen it yet

but I'm pretty sure dave is a faggot

letterboxd.com/Ni7san/
Rate and recommend.

I know this is an archivepost, but what's you think of The Long Goodbye? That question goes for anyone ITT

Really cool and comfy neo-noir mystery but the ending is kinda weak.

Okay, that's interesting. I have it dl'd so I was wondering if it was a must watch or not. Thanks for the info.

One of the best endings in cinema you pleb

It's excellent.

I need a kino and i need it now

>LE KINO LOL

I have a torrent for Sieranevada if anyone's interested.

*crickets*

>when a technical glitch ruins your movie-watching experience

stop using vlc

What if I AM NOT using it, cunt?

big if true

get a cpu from the last 20 years then.

Never was a fan of Tetsuo 2 (Tetsuo 1 is one of my favorite films) or Haze desu. I like pretty much everything else he has done even his low budget crap.

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

Fuck I meant Vital not Haze.

>not doing both
i recently finished reading The Sound and the Fury, /lbg/

what are you guys reading?

refreshingly old-fashioned "against-the-odds" romance despite being about two lesbians; gorgeous to look at; Rooney, Cate, and Kyle Chandler are great in it; the story is predictable and a little boring tho desu

Books are for fags

Not a big fan of vital either. But i think tetsuo 2 is almost as good as the first one. It's different in a good way. Never got why so many people dislike it.

Some kino. Some shit.

Habermas & Foucault.

letterboxd.com/Arokz/

>Foucault

t. embryo

TRHPC is a great film

gotta know thy enemy

You only gave Sleuth a 3/5.

I can't respect any of your opinions now.

How is it weak?

He's transported from the 40s to the 70s and handles things like someone from that era would handle it.

>Le Tim Curry
>Le Transvestites
>Le Time Warp
>Le Midnight Showing at local hipster theater

DUDE SO RANDOM AND SURREAL LMAO

It had maybe three memorable songs. The rest was pure cancer.

If anything deserves to be a "cult classic" thats played at midnight all the time it's The Forbidden Zone, not fucking Rocky Horror.

>I put Le in front of everything, that means it's a winning argument

And the judgement is about the film, the fans of it are irrelevant

>can't even use dude lmao right
The whole film is full of memorable songs, characterizations and fun

Looks like reality disagrees.
And also it doesn't have to be one or the other

letterboxd.com/cancer

Dude stop it.

We get it. Your degenerate parents met at a "Dude weed lmao" Rocky Horror screening then had you by accident and they shoved it down your throat.

Get your own tastes buddy.

tfw 7 day ban on normal ip

Pathetic shitposting. Get better

Brian DeKino

This is not an argument.

>Mon Oncle
MY FUCKING NIGGER

QOTD: what absolute piece of shit moron goes to a midnight release for fast and furious

Why would that make you upset?

It wasn't vlc; I don't know why I let Sup Forums lead me to believe there was anything wrong with it.

A collection of four 1970s crime novels by Elmore Leonard, ofay.

areomagazine.com/2017/03/27/how-french-intellectuals-ruined-the-west-postmodernism-and-its-impact-explained/

kek
was it worth it?

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

I'm not upset, it's an actual question, I love new f+f and am excited to watch this at the cinema

But it is baffling to me. How is that going to be more enjoyable, sat in the cinema at 2am and tired than just watching it the next day?
It's not like it's some huge event cinema, or something where you couldn't possibly bear the thought of it being spoiled so you want to see it before anyone talks about it

it just seems insane that anyone would want to do this

Why did you remove Kurosawa from your favorites? Why isn't Jon Jost in your favorites?

You weren't invited, huh?

Could someone run SJB's photo through faceapp so we can see what he might look like as a female?

lol, this guy

That's a good question

Jon Jost is pure unadulterated Reddit

You spend a lot of time there, eh? Tell me more... Bane started there, right? I love Bane!

fuck, marry, kill

I thought Ulysses' Gaze was absolute garbage. what about it spoke to you? have you seen more by Tarr and what's your take on those? I like Werckmeister but it's second tier Tarr imho.

one of the best films of the decade.

Killer Joe is seriously underrated, it's up there among Friedkin's best for sure.

welcome to letterboxd, thomas

thank you.

holy shit where did you see the new Hong Sang-soo?

>one of the best films of the decade.
Looks like you'll fit in perfectly with Trannieboxd.

a screener has been circulating and I was lucky enough to get the link. no torrent available as far as I know, but make sure to see it once it's out. makes for an excellent pairing with RN,WT but is structurally and tonally more in line with Haewon. so yeah, it's great.

More like Hong Sang Poo

letterboxd.com/machill54/

I'm looking forward to seeing colossal

letterboxd.com/robertopancake/

Zoolander 2 was fucking abysmal.

Elephant was a unique and brilliantly constructed take on The Troubles.

Ended up watching The Long Goodbye today because said it was fun. I liked the ending, but I'm not sure why I wasn't surprised by it like everyone else. I don't generally like neo-noirs, or noirs in general, but this one was fun and cruised along at a constant speed. Altman couldn't make a bad movie if he tried.

The Green Ray is in the same tonal ballpark as Hinterlands, so I really liked it.

I have reviews for all of the above if y'all wanna check 'em out.

What'd you think of Firemen's Ball? Probably the funniest of the CNW films for me. It's subtly political, but you don't really need that context in order for it to be funny or effective.

Absolute garbage seems like a very harsh term, why didn't you like it?
I thought Theo Angelopoulos did a great job showing what it was like being a filmmaker in the 20th century and what it's like for a person to be completely deserted in a dark and war-torn era.
The only other film I've seen from Angelopoulos so far was Landscape in the Mist, which rivals Ulysses' Gaze as his best. Would you recommend any of his other films?
I haven't seen any other films by Tarr, but I was planning on watching Turin Horse tonight.

Forman did a great job balancing the comedy and the political elements in Firemen's Ball making for a very entertaining film. I wish more like it existed.

Report on the Party and Guests blends comedy and political dissent too, but unfortunately not as well as Firemen's Ball. Still a great film. The Joke as well, but it's a very very very black comedy.

wahoo!!!

Good post.

Congrats you nearly killed the thread

Man I have such a shit memory that I downloaded the two films THREE TIMES in the last couple days.

W E W
E
W

How good is Forman's A Blonde in Love?

Worth a long journey to see on 35mm?

Same lol, I downloaded Blood Simple 8 times before realizing. I need a fucking reminder jeez

Kek I remember this post. Made me laugh harder than most in 2016.

Does Shirley Clarke have any value as a filmmaker?

>girl
no.

Post his face

pastafrola

Jumper is the worst film I've ever seen.

pastafrola

>Jumper is the worst film I've ever seen.
harm your own body, fucking faggot.

Oh, whoops
letterboxd.com/sylvydra/