Does anyone seriously believe this was a touchdown?

Does anyone seriously believe this was a touchdown?

The ball is clearly out

Other urls found in this thread:

nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000914449/Can-t-Miss-Play-Ertz-beats-McCourty-on-slant-for-go-ahead-TD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it was a touchdown before he even landed.

Out of his control as he crossed the line, the only reason it wasn't called back was bias against the Pats.

AND THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES HAVE DONE IT!

SUPERBOWL 52 CHAMPIONS! 34-33, WHAT A GAME!

WRITE IT IN THE HISTORY BOOKS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Are you fucking simple?

He was a runner, all he had to do was break the plane with the ball under control at some point.

he caught it on the rebound too.

He was a runner by the point he crossed the line. Clearly a touchdown.

Now the other controversial one is a little iffy.

>Bias against the pats
BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

not how ut works, pace is completely different based on score

Touchdown
Eat a dick cheatriot bandwagoning scum

Oh get fucked. He had complete control when he broke the plane and he was a runner when he did it. Don't give that bias shit either. These were the exact refs who ruled in the Pats favor for the touchdown catch in the Steelers-Patriots game.

>Taking three steps forward and diving with the ball forward in both hands isn't control
What did he mean by this?

He means that hes a retard

The dude took like 1 step with possession then was impeded by the defender, which should have classified him as a receiver and it shouldn't have been a touchdown because he lost control on impact with the ground.

I'm deeming this a lunge forward after he is a runner with the second foot down

>The dude took like 1 step with possession then was impeded by the defender
I'm going level with you man, if you think that, you either did some crazy mental gymnastics or you weren't actually watching the owl.
nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000914449/Can-t-Miss-Play-Ertz-beats-McCourty-on-slant-for-go-ahead-TD
He's got three feet grounded before the defender gets there.
If you want to cry about a TD, go cry about Clement whose catch was only questionable because no one knows what a catch is any more, least of all the refs.

Yeah I seriously didn't give a fuck either way but when they started reviewing this shit I instantly remembered why I don't even bother with NFL anymore. This is a touchdown and there's absolutely nothing questionable about it.

He caught it on the 6 yard line, you idiot. Did he magically teleport the rest of the way?

Touchdown when the ball crosses the plane. Doesn't even matter once it was over the white line.

>questionable
When it's between, they're allowed an arm on it. Does it move away?
That's all control. That's all control, baby.

I can't actually watch a video with good enough quality for reasons I wont get into, but if I recall correctly I don't think he had a solid grip on the ball until his step right as he hits the defender. If you can, can you post a webm of the slowed down replay?
Maybe i'm confusing it with the other questionable TD catch.

>the only reason it wasn't called back was bias against the Pats.

uh wrong, that only applies if he's a runner

he was in the process of completing the catch when he broke the plane so he had to keep possession throughout

Remember the cam newton touchdown when he lost the ball right after he crossed the line?

It's just like that. 123 steps he's a runner

>people call this a catch
Ball isn't even touching him. Fucking refball

Ahh yes, the catch where you get it into your hands, turn, take a few steps, and jump over the opponent.

The "180 degree, 4 yards, and a hop" catch

Actually, you're right. The video managed to load and he does manage 3 steps with a good grip on the ball.

It's a good thing he was considered a runner then

He fucking caught it twice and Patsfags are still whining about it, fucking hilarious.

Beautiful work on that webm, thanks.
That's 3 steps and a runner alright.
(My internet is shit, using phone as a hotspot because my ex-roomate stole the router's power cable)

SAME AS DEZ

On the bright side we know the Pats benefited from incompetent refs and not bias'd ones.
What are the odds the NFL changes the catch rule to something that's not barely comprehensible subjective nonsense.

Stay salty, OP

100%. Goodell said it's gotta be addressed, and literally nobody likes it.

You guys don't get it, yeah the Pats got a ton of calls back during the season (all fair and obvious except maybe buffalo, but it happens) so when it got to this game, the officialls basically got told "if you call anything big for the pats the fans will be pissed" and so the eagles could have scored by eye gouging and it would be okay.

I guess you decided to ignore my post that theses refs were the same exact refs that ruled in the favor of the Pats to overrule the touchdown catch the Steelers made with 28 seconds left in the game. Don't dismiss refball all season and call it on others when it doesn't go your way. That's not how it works.

Not even that, they were absolutely in field goal range, so if they didn't get the TD, they would have had the field goal and it would have been 37-33.

>but the Pats could have marched down the field!
The field goal would have taken longer to make, so more time would have been off the clock. Not a chance in hell. TD or not (it was), same result.

No I acknowledged it, learn to fucking read. That overturn was fair and it should have been overturned again with the Eagles, thanks for disproving your own point idiot. The media pressured the refs into playing against the Pats because of "muh season bias wah wah" but real bias doesn't matters.

we moved on

>The media pressured the refs into playing against the Pats
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ball can touch the ground and still be ruled a catch. It only came out after it was off the ground... which he then caught again. So it's a moot point. Either way it's going to be a catch.

>the media pressured the refs
why didnt they do that for literally any other game this season though?

>That overturn was fair and it should have been overturned again with the Eagles

They aren't even slightly similar. James was a catcher going to the ground and Ertz was a runner.

don't feed the troll pls

>patriots fans are still this upset

That doesn't matter. He took 3 incredibly visible steps and broke the plane. That's all you need.

I'm a pats fan and I thought all of those were touchdowns. The pats D was just complete shit.

>Does anyone seriously believe this was a touchdown?
i do