Are Basketball players the most famous American athletes internationally?

Are Basketball players the most famous American athletes internationally?

The only other American athletes that I think would be more popular internationally would be boxers: Ali, Mayweather, Mike Tyson.

Other urls found in this thread:

clarin.com/deportes/polideportivo/tom-brady-estrella-nfl-declaro-amor-lionel-messi_0_Sy56NFxIz.html
clarin.com/deportes/polideportivo/pibe-40-brilla-deporte-estadounidense-tom-brady-nuevo-superbowl_0_BJilWsfHG.html
clarin.com/deportes/polideportivo/super-bowl-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-buscan-hacer-historia_0_Hyr-PMGIG.html
clarin.com/deportes/polideportivo/secretos-super-bowl-millonaria-maquinaria-espectaculo-deportivo_0_rJFx59XLf.html
clarin.com/deportes/Tom-Brady-camiseta-Super-Bowl_3_1737456240.html
tn.com.ar/deportes/esencial/tom-brady-establece-otro-hito-al-ganar-tercer-mvp-de-la-nfl-con-40-anos_849547
tycsports.com/futbol/tom-brady-le-tiro-flores-messi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, Baseball is too obscure for us and Handeeg is not poular at all. Even so normies would probably only know who Lebron or Curry are.

Yes followed by boxers, UFC fighters and then probably NFL players

Who's that on the right?

Ben Simmons

some rapist

Dwayne Wade

Show some respect for The Black Mamba you neophyte.

Shaq

On the basis of the 4 big leagues in America, then yes
But overall, no.
The only basketball player that ever truly crossed over into the mainstream internationally was Michael Jordan
Meanwhile boxing has countless people like Ali, Tyson, SRL, Mayweather etc
And then there is also the Olympics with sprinters like Johnson and Gay or Swimmers like Phelps.

the only countries that actually follow our sports seem to prefer baseball.

vivo v7, steph curry commercials REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't think so, Tom Brady is more famous than any of those

Dude, basketball is HUGE in asia and East Europe.

You have any idea how many slavs are in the NBA?

Who?

and yet its still smaller than divegrass in those countries.

I'd say
Boxers > Basketball > Rest

Everyone, and I mean, EVERYONE knows Mayweather or Tyson.

Tom Brady is literally the only American player of anything that makes it to the news here

clarin.com/deportes/polideportivo/tom-brady-estrella-nfl-declaro-amor-lionel-messi_0_Sy56NFxIz.html

clarin.com/deportes/polideportivo/pibe-40-brilla-deporte-estadounidense-tom-brady-nuevo-superbowl_0_BJilWsfHG.html

clarin.com/deportes/polideportivo/super-bowl-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-buscan-hacer-historia_0_Hyr-PMGIG.html

clarin.com/deportes/polideportivo/secretos-super-bowl-millonaria-maquinaria-espectaculo-deportivo_0_rJFx59XLf.html

clarin.com/deportes/Tom-Brady-camiseta-Super-Bowl_3_1737456240.html

tn.com.ar/deportes/esencial/tom-brady-establece-otro-hito-al-ganar-tercer-mvp-de-la-nfl-con-40-anos_849547

tycsports.com/futbol/tom-brady-le-tiro-flores-messi

Outside of america? No.

t. never left his flyover state

It's about as big as in places like Mexico. People know the some players but it takes a backstep to bigger local sports like football. No one really follows an entire season. From what I've seen country like Japan follows baseball/MLB more closely than NBA season.

How popular is Ginobli over yonder?

You just answered your own question.
Shaq sidekick.

wtf argentina

I'm pretty sure Tiger was huge for a while.

R Kelly

Only hipster faggots outside america (and int'l Sup Forumsartans of course haha) know the name of nfl players, usually the QB.

From what i've seen and heard, Manu is criminally underappreciated in Argentina

Fuggin spics gave birth to the white Michael Jordan and care more about manlets like Messi who haven't accomplished anything

He's appreciated, it's just that people here don't care about basketball as much as they care about divegrass or even as much as rugby, polo, tennis or field hockey. Basketball is way down the totem pole.

But he gets TV commercials, lots of media attention every time he sneezes, he's one of the major sporting heroes alright. Just don't expect him to be held on par with Messi, just not realistic. Everyone on Earth knows Messi.

That sucks. Ginobli is a 1st ballot hall of famer. He was a top 3 or 5 guard in the league for the longest time. He's a legend, freaking james harden literally modelled his entire game from him.

Who the fuck is Mayweather?

I know Tyson or Holyfield. But no one the modern wanabees

what about golfers? It's the most internationally played game

The Champ.

Shit like this is why no one likes you Germany.

He looks like a manlet, is he really heavyweight champion? Or is he from a meme division?