Star Trek

Why didn't they set up Jenna with Barclay?

They could both have used the relationship.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=04QVSxsjxOk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WTF these two uniforms look nothing alike

>A woman dating down in a formalised rank structure
Doubtfull.

Different contractors.

>?
For me? Well it has to be Farscape.
youtube.com/watch?v=04QVSxsjxOk

The one on the right, apart from having a fucking zipper (lol) obviously wasn't even fitted for that acress.

Great thread.

She's hotter than Yar why did Data not plow ?

If she had asked he would've done it

After all, he is...

Lol well he's in luck after all it is Star Trek The Data show

I've been wanting to rewatch Fartrek I haven't watched it since it aired

Did Data plow her or not?

Nope he told the Borg Queen how long it had been & Yar was his only

*blocks your path*

Why are Trek threads so dead? Is it because the majority of the participants are in school? Is that it? I'm actually talking to a bunch of teenagers here?

Man i love TNG, hell i love star trek in general.
I will never understand why there are people who prefer space magic movies like star wars instead of something more sci-fi based like star trek.

>teenagers knowing anything about Star Trek

I think people have to work to survive

Because of that one perpetually triggered guy that will kill the thread if anyone mentions DS9.

>Implying I'm not at work right now

people who like Star Wars don't necessarily like sci-fi. Star Wars is essentially fantasy set in space.

Get off your phone and get back to work.

Mr. Broccoli.

>implying I'm on my phone

>travels to vast and distant galaxies
>everyone speaks english

>not having a Universal Translator*

Is it ok to dislike Voyager? I swept through TNG and DS9 but I'm finding it really difficult to hold interest in Voyager.

I think the crew aside from Harry, Tom, the Doctor and Janeway so dull or misused. The episode premises all hinge on them getting closer to home but I think the suspense gets washed away because of the very clear formula of opportunity coming at a cost always waning away from the cost. I want to like it because I loved the other two but it really hasn't caught my interest.

You're fine. Most people in these threads also consider Voyager to be the weakest Trek.

It's thrown together from old TNG scripts and the retard producers literally told Harry and Tom to be less interesting to put more focus on the other characters.

I just watched that episode you wizard!

>Is it ok to dislike Voyager?

Disliking Voyager is mandatory.

/trek/ got completely burned out (as any sane person predicted) when it became a permanent general around the end of last year

Hating VOY and ENT are the mainstream opinions.

Voyager is a disappointment and your opinions probably won't alter much, though you'll like 7/The Doctor when that start happening. I'm a bit surprised you like Harry though, I always found him such a dull little boyscout.

They basically make no noticable progress on their journey, then there's a few episodes where they get exactly 10,000 light years closer to Earth and you start to think they'll just do that 7 times but nope, they just teleport there in the finale. LIke, shit, they had 7 years to come up with a good ending, they should have used it.

Is that even possible? You'd have to have knowledge of the language beforehand

It's perfectly normal. In fact I'm watching my wife grow more and more disappointed with each passing episode

S1E1
>I don't know what you're talking about, this show is going to be great!
S1E5
>Everything is great so far, lots of good character development, things are happening!
S1E10
>Wait, they spent the entire episode giving the Doctor character development and having him pick out a name, just to throw it all away? What the hell?!

It became a general? God, this is why I didn't want that to happen to Trek. Have you ever stepped into the Doctor Who general? It's an awful, awful place.

Rewatch Phage before you reach Tuvix.

>Janeway confronts the aliens who stole Neelix's lungs
>JANEWAY: So now I am left with the same choice you made. Whether to commit murder to save a life, or to allow my own crewman to die while you breath air through his lungs.
>MOTURA: It must be impossible for you to understand how any civilised people could come to this. Before the phage began, we were known as educators and explorers, a people whose greatest achievements were artistic. I myself am a sculptor of note on my world. All I can say is that when your entire existence is at stake--
>DERETH: You don't have to explain yourself, Motura.
>MOTURA: If the consequence of this act is a death sentence, so be it. At least it will put an end to my suffering.
>JANEWAY: I can't begin to understand what your people have gone through. They may have found a way to ignore the moral implications of what you are doing, but I have no such luxury. I don't have the freedom to kill you to save another. My culture finds that to be a reprehensible and entirely unacceptable act.

Don't think about it too hard.

ayyyyyyy lmao we just watched Phage a week ago and I just thinking "Wow, the first few episodes of Voyager have some breddy gud writing and dilemas"

There were a few of us who continually warned against it specifically to avoid /got/ and /who/ tier cancer, but eventually we just gave up

>It's a Voyager kills off a promising side character after one or two appearances episode

It's like they were trying to avoid creating a new O'Brien or something.

>hey, it's another episode about Voyager's past! let's put Jo Carey in, since he's dead in the present!
>wait, he's not dead?
>we never killed him off?
>fuck! the show's almost over! better fix that!

No, it's because they didn't want the show to have any continuing plot whatsoever because B&B had become hacks by this point:

>Voyager is always doing that, characters don't change, they just write in a new one to do whatever the plot demands rather than change the status quo.

>We need a traitor, who should it be?
Write a new one, call her Seska
>Okay, now we need another traitor to join Seska
Write a new one, call him Jonas
>Alright, now one of the Maquis is a murderer, which one?
Write a new one, call him Suder

Janeway did nothing wrong in Tuvix. People constantly complain that she killed a being that 'had a right to live' due to its desire for self preservation, which is logically defensible in its own right, but it contradicts like 100 episodes worth of Trek plotlines where [x crewmember] gets possessed or infected or adbucted and they undo it.

By the logic people use to criticize Janeway, Picard had no right to stop the parasites from taking over the Federation, Kirk had no right to take his body back from Janice Lester, Janeway and Paris should stay as lizards, etc.

Yeah I was one of them. This was back in 2014/2015 though.

Dude the point of Tuvix was that it was an ACCIDENT.

This would have been like if when they found Thomas Riker Picard goes WELL WE CAN'T HAVE THAT, CAN WE, PIP PIP CHEERIO, whips out his phaser right there and straight murders him.

You mean like when Riker sees his clone and kills him without a second thought?

>Janeway did nothing wrong in Tuvix.
Not according to Janeway, who calls her actions "reprehensible" and "entirely unacceptable".

>it contradicts like 100 episodes worth of Trek plotlines where [x crewmember] gets possessed or infected or adbucted and they undo it.
You're describing malicious entities who choose to possess/infect/abduct crewman for entity's own benefit. Those actions are "reprehensible" and "entirely unacceptable", that's why it's okay for a captain to undo it. When the parasites tried to take over the Federation, that was their choice to act maliciously. When Janice Lester tried to take over Kirk's body, that was her choice to act maliciously.

Tuvix is not a malicious entity and Tuvix did not choose to merge Tuvok and Neelix. You are trying and failing to create a false equivalence.

Yeah but that wasn't an accident either, those aliens were deliberately cloning them. The point is that Tuvix just happened, no one is responsible for him. He deserved to live, for all intents and purposes Tuvok and Neelix both died in a transporter accident.

Yeah, and we don't applaud Riker for it or try to defend his actions. That's part of why a lot of people view that episode as a poor one.

>Dude the point of Tuvix was that it was an ACCIDENT.
True, but I think it's clear that the Orchid was responsible and could have allowed them to replicate it.

>Pick any two Star Trek characters to be Tuvix'd, what would the resulting character be like?

>Beverly and Troi
MOMMA

These were all me btw. Really, sometimes I just argue with myself in these threads to bump them and generate interest.
>tfw arguing with yourself

>O'Brien + Scotty
His blood is 89 proof and his means of communication have yet to be decoded by the universal translator. Somehow though, if he gets drunk on your ship, it'll be fixed.