DUDE

DUDE

THE SEVENTIES

LMAO

What a crock of fucking shit.

No Friends: The Post

>Old normie boomer detected
GET OUT

had some funny moments, is still watchable and a good film.

I can't imagine anyone hating this unless they're an exceptionally biter person

It dosent even have a narrative. No plot or character development either.

its all happening on the last day of their schoolyear.

>No plot
but it has, its about what experiences the protags have

>or character development either
it has, that one guy who got his ass kicked joined the older cool guys and other stuff.

comfy af

>DUDE CONTRARIAN OPINION LMAO

Get bent, OP.

Seems like your bar is set pretty damn low for what constitutes for a worthwhile movie with passable character development.

>They dont like the same shitty overrated movie that I like so they must just be trying to be a contrarian

its a good ol times kind of movie, it has some gags, the world is believable and you can smoke a fat blunt while watching the events unfold.

It's not about plot or character, it's about the feeling of being a teenager and that limitless freedom you have or want to cling too.

Plebs are always so funny to laugh at

"wah no plot or characters"

plot is for disgusting plebs only

>What a crock of fucking shit.

That's what your mother said when you were born.

This movie is extremely inoffensive. There is no one who isn't trying to be an edgelord who thinks it's "shitty." Any normal person that doesn't like it probably just thinks it's a little boring. I've literally never heard anyone actively dislike it.

No one calls it a masterpiece. It's just a simple, enjoyable movie.

I feel like my entire highs chool discovered this movie around the time they hit puberty and then tried to replicate it in their own lives leading to a resurgence of 70's culture in the mid 00's. pink floyd and led zeppelin shirts everywhere

fpbp OP btfo

You're jealous that you're not Randall Floyd

> Popular
> Can move between social groups
> Lots of friends
> Attractive to the girls

There is literal character development throughout. Pink is at that verge of realizing he may only be thought of as cool because of Football, and he is fighting against it culminating by directly challenging authority at the conclusion. The coach represents every teenager's parents setting a life path with restrictions.

Mitch has an arc of discovering if he truly can mature. His immature friends, who had more in common with Affleck than either would like to admit, abandon him and he realizes he can step into that mature role easily.

The Jew got beat up by an alpha and will continue to bitch about it for the rest of his life. Meanwhile, the Alpha woke up the next morning with no memory of anything after 9pm.

>lol i can TOTALLY relate to this!!!
>lol WEED!
>lol i was born in le wrong generation!

There's also the dorky kid who gets rejected hard after a nice night with that girl, that part seems cruel but is too realistic to object too

DUDE

THE NINETEES

LMAO

What a crock of fucking shit.

>Meanwhile, the Alpha woke up the next morning with no memory of anything after 9pm.
this made me kek.

You fucking screwed up, shitty people could hate a sunny day. OP. I'm not even joking in this post, you should consider finding a source for potassium chloride. It'll stop your heart quickly and you won't suffer.

theres also the creeper who pimps on the grade 9 girl.. first kiss for both of em.

I liked Fast Times more. More stuff happened, not everything was great, but it was more enjoyable to me nonetheless. The stereotypes / characters were also more relatable to me.

what kind of anti social must you be not to love this film. everybody i know can quote it

wait are you both referring to the blonde nerd dude? who was the one that got rejected?

I felt bad for Melvin.
Imagine this:
>black guy
>big brother went to a segregated school
>now I'm at a desegregated school
>it's not THAT desegregated; I'm the only black guy in the whole school
>the only black guy
>surrounded by whites
>in the heart of Texas
>these drunk-ass ofays could turn on me on a second and hang my ass from the Moon Tower
Alienated AF

>See it with a Bud :^)

Literally That 70s Show: the Movie
Linklater should be sued

>>big brother went to a segregated school
The movie takes place in 1976, you're saying his brother is 20 years older than him?

Dazed and Confused: 1993
That 70's Show: 1998

what did he mean by this?

>theres also the creeper who pimps on the grade 9 girl
What makes him a creeper? He's only 16

He is an effete loser, though.
And he shoulda banged Redfro

American Graffiti: 1973
Happy Days: 1974

When do we get our 90s revival film and series?

>The movie takes place in 1976, you're saying his brother is 20 years older than him?

Are you just jealous because I can math and you can't?

>1976
>17 years old
>Civil Rights act of 1964
>5 years old
>big brother likely in 2nd grade or higher
>in a segregated school

I was going by brown vs board in 54, but I guess texas wouldn't have followed that unless forced

It's a good hangout movie. I love movies like this where there is no real plot it's just about the experience the characters have

That's the most reddit """criticism""".

every few years i get drunk and high and watch this alone wishing i could redo life all over again

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet eeeeeeeeemotionnnnn

they mostly did that because it's what their parents did and they don't have enough personality to differentiate. Sad, but true.

Definitely. I saw this in college, and I compared my last Friday in college to this. It played out similarly, except without the wanton vandalism

Depends on how desperate they were for decent football players

This was made in 1993, it took place in 1976.

If this was made now, it would be a period piece about Y2K.