/mlb/ general - HERE'S YOUR (Yu) edition

LAD: Passan: Darvish has opt-out after second year
MIA: Astros talking to Marlins about J.T. Realmuto
LAD: Yu Darvish agrees to six-year deal with Cubs
OAK: Dustin Fowler the favorite for A's CF job?
TB: Report: Sergio Romo re-signs with Tampa Bay
TB: Red Sox, LoMo 'have been in touch recently'
SF: Giants ink Derek Holland to minor league deal
TEX: Blue Jays interested in Andrew Cashner
ARZ: BOS and ARI offers to Martinez 'very similar'
BOS: ATL has 'serious interest' in Eduardo Nunez
STL: Lance Lynn drawing interest from 7-8 teams
LAD: Report: Darvish has received offer from Twins

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uryGX8frw3E
youtube.com/watch?v=LFnYpo_whp8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Russian Royos

sup /mlb/

Reminder that the Cubs paid ONE HUNDRED FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS for this

>$126 million

FOR YU

>Dodgers get worse
>Astros add quality
LITERALLY WHO CAN STOP US

that's a big contract

>Only 3 IPs
>8 posts
Hmmm

Real thread here

>1 image, 1 reply

Not the Cubs

>not a general
Learn to post.

anime is gay

YES YES, COMRADE PUTIN'S OPINIONS ON THE GAY IS WELL DOCUMENTED

My man Big Game James

fuck next time dont make me confused dammit

anyways Taiwan baseball suck ass, they are below the amadour level, the league had serious cases of rigging and the play level is choking as you can see in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=uryGX8frw3E

and it gets even worst, the choking starts since highschool (see webm), make a parternship with a league of this level means suicide of Australian Baseball

>confused
Ain't nothing to be confused about, look for the 'general' tag.

Why do Taiwanese love baseball so much?

Do you follow KBO?

>Yu to the Cubs

and its kind of ironic that they are doing at same time that Korean and Japanese leagues are litterally oferating to parternship, that are high level baseball and always sends players to MLB, instead they crave to make parternship of a league of whos that pretend that play baseball, only beacuse they started get some fame there beacuse a CPBL-rejected player came to play on ABL

>Why do Taiwanese love baseball so much?

Japan influence, Japan dominated the island until the end of WWII when the island beacome the "Republic of China" (not the communist one, but a capitalist one made of refugees from the one created by Mao)

Same with Korea, but like Post-War baseball in japan, it had support of amercians

>2016
>Cubes
>2017
>Asstros
>2018
GENTLEMEN

Yeah but not so much, the league hasnt called much of my attention on last few years

you guys still has central american chockers

Good answer.

Why doesn't Brazil love it more?

>Cubs make it to WS against Astros
>Darvish and Morrow get BTFO again
Please let this happen

That's a big contract

>you guys still has central american chockers
We do not.

see

Soccer

Japs bring the game for here too and have trying develop since then but it was only the influence of Yakult and MLB on the early 2000´s that is making the baseball wake up

i think that i confused with Dodgers

btw this is the reason that i am Swallows fan, beacuse Yakult develops players here

For Yu

DR. PAVEL I'M L.A.D.

>astros pic
>dodgers

Are you fucking stupid

if God came calling, would you answer?

31 year old pitcher that had Tommy John surgery walks into your office and shows you these stats. How much do you pay for him and how many years?

>is brazil stupid
/oly/ and /worldcup/ didn't exactly go well.

MARINERS!

no man, i mean about world series

at least we got onto world cup, how about Arena´s Team?

>How much do you pay for him and how many years?
I get totally desperate and overpay him anything just to get the famous player I want.

I will trade him for James Shields.

EVERY DAY I'M SHUFFLIN'

real Mariners hours

why i would cheer for Mariners, what the Ex-Nintendo team fans has to say for me?

The focal point of this image is his well-framed crotch

>why i would cheer for Mariners
Because they're fucking due.

What did Royals fans mean by this?

I meant I'm looking at his crotch

What did I mean by this?

Tarps off, should resume soon lads

youtube.com/watch?v=LFnYpo_whp8

That's a lot of letters.

>Ex
I thought they still own part.

only 10%, where the another part has 90%

Still very gay :^)

>picrelated mariners fans

Is this an image of /mlb/?

>TEX: Blue Jays interested in Andrew Cashner
So shouldn't that be TOR?

Lol they have team names on them uwaaaaHHH????

>Rays
Lel

NEW PHONE
WHO DIS

>2018
>caring about the AL East

You'll know his name after next season.... Everyone will. He'll be MVP.
He.
IS
FUCKING
ELITE!
Just you wait.....just you wait.

More like Doodoo gregorious

Who will Phillies sign? We need a starting pitcher badly.

THREEPEAT

>the myth of parity in kangaroo baseball

>Banduds lifelongers come out of the Woolworth's
Every single time

Jason Giambi

It's $126 million with bonus incentives ya goof

>Everyone talking trash about the Darvish deal
>Nobody has any plausible suggestions for who the Cubs should have signed instead
>Nobody seems to recognize that Darvish was by far the best free agent starting pitcher in baseball

I think it's a decent deal
I don't know about 5 years for a guy who has been injured like he has though

>Everyone talking trash about the Pujols deal
>Nobody has any plausible suggestions for who the Angels should have signed instead
>Nobody seems to recognize that Pujols was by far the best free agent infielder in baseball

Six years, which makes it even more of a gamble.

Can easily see the Cubs in two years having to sign Bryant, Baez and Contreras to big money while dealing with Darvish's huge deal on top of Heyward's. Be even worse if Darvish comes up lame again.

It's a big gamble giving six years to anyone. It's suicidal to give six years to a pitcher.

Why is everyone but Sup Forums saying Cubs got a great deal at a discounted rate

They don't know the power of memes.

>Why is everyone saying Cubs got a great deal at a discounted rate
>everyone
lol

This. However, this club's all or nothing if you look at it.

Lance Lynn

Dodgers have not signed a quality FA since....Greinke? Meanwhile they dump a billion dollars on broke-down pitchers like Kazmir and no-name Cubans.

>what is getting under luxury tax threshold

>It's suicidal to give six years to a pitcher.
Let's look at 6+ yr deals to pitchers and see how accurate your statement is.
>Scherzer - 7 years
He's been Cy Young level for the first 3 years and shows no signs of slowing down.

>Lester - 6 years
Two Ace-level years and one good year. Cubs needed him for the ring.

>Greinke - 6 years
One average year then came back strong with an All-star level year. Diamondbacks go back to the playoffs after years of nothing but despair.

>Price - 7 years
Sold, above-average to all-star year then injured. A good bet to come back and provide 5 years of all-star to average production.

>Verlander - 7 years
20 WAR in 7 years. Underperformed his contract by about $20 to $30 mil, but brought value to the club as its star.

Literally no busts, most will be slight overpays but they provide value in other ways than strictly WAR per $.

Not him but Darvish isn't really young, has a TJS in his repertoire, and is is expected to be a #3 pitcher.

His AAV is also very low for a player of his calibre. $20 per year is what shitters like Samazdjija get.

It reminds me more of the Barry Zito deal, although I don't expect it to be as bad anyways when the opt out in the 2nd year pretty much is a motivator to get to the supposed $150M he's could make with the incentives.

>It reminds me more of the Barry Zito deal
It's the same 6/126 as Zito contract except it's two thousand fucking eighteen not 2007. It's probably less than half of the real value of what Zito got.

>I don't expect it to be as bad anyways when the opt out in the 2nd year pretty much is a motivator to get to the supposed $150M he's could make with the incentives.
Except the opt out is purely to Darvish's benefit.

Do you think Ohtani feels betrayed by the Cubs now that he's not the only Jap on the roster?

It's honestly better if he opts out for the team's case if you look at the bigger picture. I think if anything Darvish would opt in if he produced 2 solid years, and if we were to get up to $150M then it may or may not be a benefit to player over club.
Still boggles my mind as to why Ohtani decided to interview for the Cubs in those 7 teams, I guess he liked Maddon's ways of using him but I thought that would have been the worst place to go anyways.

Darvish will only opt out if 4/$80 mil + incentives is less than what he can get on the market. There is no scenario where a player opt out benefits the team.

Saving payroll for future free agents and helping them get lower under the shitty taxes Manfred is pushing for would prove you otherwise. But all of this aside, I wouldn't think this if the CBA didn't hurt large market teams above all. That said, Darvish is a #3 pitcher on this team, and re-signing Quintana longterm would have been a smarter move going forward.

If Darvish is good enough in 2 years where 4/80 will have surplus value, he can be easily traded. Also who are the 2 ahead of Darvish? Lester and Hendricks?

Lester and Quintana.

So who signs Arrieta now? Maybe the Giants or Mariners have some money left.

Brewers, Phillies, Twins, maybe Blue Jays.

hopefully phillies

Brewers!

Brewers probably going to give him 5 Years and $100M and that's the highest he'll get before pitchers and catchers report. Boras will have to deal with it.

The Cubs can't sign him since they're getting Harper

Andrew McCutchen***

Haha boystown

Brewers obviously