What did Sup Forums think back in the 90s when the movie came out and was a bastardization of the Comics and Cartoon...

What did Sup Forums think back in the 90s when the movie came out and was a bastardization of the Comics and Cartoon, pleasing nobody?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jXD3OhFQBI
youtube.com/watch?v=8rPa-IzbJzM
youtube.com/watch?v=Nl6jXsPlOcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Born in 1982 here. Most kids were completely unfamiliar with the comics and only familiar with the cartoon. It's really strange that they decided to base the first movie more on the comics.

youtube.com/watch?v=0jXD3OhFQBI

I was prime age for this stuff. Turtles 1 was very confusing. Turtles 2 hit the spot. Turtles 3 is the fist movie i ever fell asleep in the middle of.

Born in 1980. While I was a fan of the cartoons, I was aware of the comics (those four volume collections were in every bookstore in the USA) and I thought it was pretty cool.

Now, with Turtles 2, we were all disappointed with the knockoff Bebop and Rocksteady.

The scene where it showed them get mutated terrified me as a child. That's all I remember about this flick.

>that gritty 90s NYC

wew

The cartoon had already drifted a ways away from the comics, so the movie bothered no-one.

Pizza Hut had a big advertising campaign around the first ninja turtles movie. the two things are melted together in my mind. And I still love Pizza Hut.

youtube.com/watch?v=8rPa-IzbJzM

but they order dominos in the movie

one thing I got to give props to the first movie for is its climax, the Turtles despite their training are still unable to defeat Shredder, but Splinter, who spends half the movie chained up casually steps up and shows WHY he is still their master with one of the best lines delivered by a rat of all time.

>Death comes for us all, Oroku Saki, but something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be..without honor.

Don't fuck with Splinter's kids.

Holy shit. That's exactly what I was talking about.

What's wrong at all with the first movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=Nl6jXsPlOcA

All that delicious NY pizza. These nigga's order from Dominoes.

I walked into that one.

>white guy handcuffed to a cop
What a time to be alive.

>pleasing nobody?

Sup Forums is literally one of the fucking worst boards on this site

>you will never watch this again

I fucking loved it as a kid, remember my party that year had turtle everything.

What's the word for when you see this and know you'll never experience it firsthand and it makes you...feel bad

It's one of my fondest movie experiences, I was in kindergarten. They were giving away plush Ninja Turtles at the door and I got Raph. It was magical.

You're one dumb fucking piece of shit buddy.
To this day this movie is lauded as being one of if not THE best version of the Turtles. I suspect the only place that would dislike it would be Sup Forumsmblr for being too triggering with the gritty imagery.

Watched it like six weeks ago. So weird to see Michelangelo drawn as if he's three feet tall.

>leo actually cut someone

What a fucking great movie

Well they're under 5 feet anyway, maybe 4'12"

>Born in 84
>literally life long turtles fan

Still haven't even touched the comics to flip through and look at the pictures.

Movie was pretty good but didn't feel like the turtles I knew and loved but all enjoyed it. Second one was and still is the best, even at 32 years old 2 is still kino as fuck.

the movie was only the beginning

Well what in the fuck DOES this guy like? These aren't even cons/"sins", they're "how many times can i make a dumb joke against something that can't mock me back"

Fucking this
OP is an underage

Also, why does Garfield not move his mouth when he talks?

Garfield doesn't talk, those are thought bubbles

If you're gonna watch those videos you need to realize he doesn't hate the movies, hes just cracking dumb jokes. He has very little actual valid points.

But the other characters can clearly hear him. Can he send his thoughts telepathically?

>But the other characters can clearly hear him.

do they though, do they really?

Strong bait here but I will take it.

You are completely, unforgivably wrong.

Everything you wrote is a crock of shit.

It was absolutely beloved when it came out. Even by those who read the original comics. It was a cultural sensation.

If you were alive back then you'd know everyone loved anything with the TMNT logo on it. Literally nobody gave a shit about the comics.

I was the first person on my road to get a Turtle, Raphael. The cartoon had been on for a few weeks and it was HUGE in the UK. The comics were unknown to most casuals.

The movie kinda sucked ass.

As a kid I always wanted to join the foot and hang out in that old building they had with the skate park, arcade, cigarettes, and pretty much anything you could want.

Even the junk yard hideout was pretty bad ass.