Time for Emoji Equality

Until now, emoji representing women haven’t been, well…representative.
Let’s change that. Google is working to make sure emoji include a wider range of female professions. And now, we’re inviting you to join the movement by coding your own.

What's the matter Sup Forums, can't handle women who can do computers better than you?

#MadeWithCode

THINK BE SHOW YOUR

madewithcode.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@loorinm/coding-is-over-6d653abe8da8#.jfu5ond0p
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>changing x and y values
>coding
pick one

>made with code
>uses html
Well, I'm glad they've started learning entry-tier 90s web code. They have only two decades to go to catch up!

Her name is Angie the Autist
She wears the helmet because she has autism

>World emoji day
>shows female emojis
Like girls are "logical"
They are sympathetic, emotion hunger organism

but user coding is over. didnt you get the memo?
medium.com/@loorinm/coding-is-over-6d653abe8da8#.jfu5ond0p

Posted this in another thread, but,

r8 my emoji senpaitachi

What? You do realize that's what all websites are built in. Shit son, I earn 50$/hour for HTML/CSS stuff.

PLEASE WAKE ME UP

women will never be good at coding

Why is there only big money outfits available? No homemaker or secratary. Millionare outfits only. Not very representative desu

they simply lack the mental capacity.

>made with code
>dragging and dropping shit and changing a couple values

ok

that is very impressive indeed

women will use every opportunity to make things about themselves, even their failures.

She should stick to being a hooker and pimping out her cuck lapdog.

I really hope you're not comparing HTML only with higher end programming. Especially the backend.

>women
>code
rofl

OMG grrrrl power :DDDDD

where do you work toronto?

>HTML/CC
>Not using PHP
get out you tag liker

>coding
>dragging and dropping preset shit

wew lad too much computer for me

o lawd.

did none of them even search for 0x5f3759df to get the story behind the left algorithm? zero curiosity?

it's a good story, encourage you to search for 0x5f3759df famalama

>tfw too stupid to understand the thing on the left

You all know you can add multiple sets of eyes, right?

fucking kek

This is fucking horrible and a real disservice to women who are real-life programmers. Yes they exist. Fuck it Sup Forums dipshit girls who have no clue annoy me as much as they do you, but this whole 'madewithcode' thing is a strawman argument. I know a female coder who maintains here awesome program on github and this would probably make her puke.

i'm not even into coding and i could probably understand that if i took 3 seconds to google it like any other asshole in IT

The only positive encounter I ever had with women in computer science was when a female classmate asked me to explain her something on her laptop and her tits rubbed against my hand when I was using her keyboard.

Reinventing the wheel is bad, and just as we've moved from assembly to C, and from C to more expressive abstracted languages, we'll move to primarily developing with models. So she's sort of right

uhh.. sexist and racist much?

>where I code
>uses tiny ass laptop with tiny ass screen

It's a very fast way to compute x^(-1/2), which is useful in computer graphics (normalizing vectors and the like)

It was used by John Carmack in quake 3, among others

Too small of a forehead

It's like Scratch horked down 12,437 estrogen pills and washed it down with 13 industrial barrels of Xanax.

>why is this logic crap so hard
No wonder she was a hooker.

This thread is hilarious. I demand more pictures of women legitimately attempting to write code.

Most code is still in C. Some people still even use assembly in applications where efficiency is more important than anything else.

All this proves is that we're more efficient at coding.

its cool dude, when i first started programming i hit f12 in a browswer and freaked the fuck out. now i can dissect every inch of javascript and what have it. only takes time friend.

kek'd

Isn't scratch supposed to be a great way to introduce children to coding? I've never tried it myself, but I learned about it when I bought a raspberry pi.

Also it's not fucking called "coding". It's called programming. Wtf is wrong with women? The code is just a mean to an end. The end being the program or algorithm

That shit's actually pretty realistic

I honestly have no problem with trying to get girls into coding by giving them a tiny taste of some ultra-simple stuff.

The media (mostly women themselves) have demonised STEM and driving their own gender away from it. Think of any talk show, and when they say "We're going to cut live to [tech show] now and see what the NERDS are up to! They must have come out of their basements! NERDS!" and then the presenter there is laughing at the attendees.

And they wonder why girls don't want to enter STEM? It's not mass sexist rapist white males in STEM stopping them, it's the fucking women themselves.

So anyway, if Google wants to say "Look, you tweak some text and things change!" as a little taste, I say go for it. Because MSM sure as fuck isn't.

fucking women.

return a/(1/b)

Yes. Scratch, much like Google's uhh... 'thing' is a block based language. The difference is that with Scratch, there is little-to-no guidance on how to do things, whereas with this, every step is pretty much done for you and there are a stupidly limited number of blocks.

Scratch is a basis for learning code, all that this thing does is teach you how to type numbers and make pretty pretty pictures.

About the autism thing, While some try to advance to learning syntax, others just stick to Scratch, shitting it up with Warrior Cat shit.

>trying
there is your mistake. if they gave a fuck they would do it on their own. nothing is simpler and open to everyone than programming. you literally only need a shitty laptop

>commenting what each individual step does when any novice coder could tell what it does by glance
>making it more complicated than it ever needed to be

holy shit I just realized I do this

it's called diversity coding kek

I did that for a couple of months for my thesis and my posture got fucked up for a while and my eyes got super tired. Not a good idea tbqh

Sure, I get that. My point is that these things generally need to be taken back to first principles. I'm all for equal opportunities, etc etc, but I'm against affirmative action and quotas. So my point is that young girls should stop being discouraged from entering STEM, because then they don't want to, and nothing can force them into it.

If that makes sense.

What was your thesis on? Post a link, Francesco.

>Software engineers are grossly overpaid, and many (I) feel entitled to the money and benefits they (I) enjoy. In reality, software engineers are not smarter or better than any other type of worker. With the death of coding, diversity will increase. Engineering will reflect the rest of society, rather than favoring a very small and socioeconomically exclusive subset of people.

they do exist, but they are rare.

If you're so smart, then solve this simple task:

You have this set of coins (lets say there's 1, 2 and 5 dollar coins):
{1ct, 2ct, 5ct, 10ct, 20ct, 50ct, 1$, 2$, 5$}

Now, given an amount of money, you have to output the number of all possibilities that form the amount.

Example
Input: 0.05 [$]
Output: 4

Should be ez for you

Females can be Engineers too

I know a good female coder as well.

C++ optimizers are at the point where it is really really hard to write more efficient code using asm than C++.

I say women in the media shouldn't demonise STEM for young girls and you give me your homework?

Fuck off, Johannas.

That's an NP hard problem lol

phony

What I don't understand is why they keep picking shitty rolemodels.

There were plenty of women who influenced computer science. Ada Lovelace, Margaret Hamilton, etc. If you want a role model pick a goddamn good one.

See I was under the impression that Scratch teaches you how code works so that when you start programming and use a for loop, you say "Oh that's the same as like xyz in Scratch!"

tfw you dedicate your life to learning the intricacies of Scratch

P = NP faggot, I proved it but lost the paper

I call her Susan

Imagine losing a million dollar paper

but who was camera?

Ive hired serveral programmers for me. Ive never seen a female apply even once.

That's not how coding works

And then people wonder why no one takes them fucking seriously

What's the solution? Or maybe, what is this type of problem called? Genuinely curious about how to solve it.

No problemo, I have the paper that proves the Riemann hypothesis flying around somewhere here.

Besides, that's not the point, you completely destroyed my shitpost

It's about designing lenses for a specific application of non-imaging optics. I ended up writing a bunch of python to generate the optical surfaces. Pretty fun desu but it's not over yet, now I gotta look at some electronics for constant current generators that are being designed right now. I'm a physicist btw

Not sure what this drag and drop shit has to do with coding...

And not sure what I'm doing with my life...

>It's about designing lenses for a specific application of non-imaging optics.
What do you mean?
>python
Fucking disgusting pleb tier shit.
I fucking hate python and people who program in python.
N-No offence.
> I'm a physicist btw
Jesus, m8. What's that like? What kinda job you gonna get?

"Dynamic programming" etc.
Should be tought in any algorithm/data structures class.

I was taught Caml but don't know how to do it with another language.

let rec product =
| 1,b -> b
| a, b -> product (a-1,b) + b

>THINK BE SHOW YOUR

The slash negates every one of those statements, but that was not what was intended, was it?

I want to fuck the pain away.

That's supposed to be some kind of XML-typish language and doesn't make any fucking sense.

But yet again, these are women destroying Google internally and we are some hobbyless neckbeards wasting our time on a vietnamese knitting forum

I think the answer they're looking for is using bit shifts.

>I love being called an engineer, especially after only three months of “education”.
>three months

>As working software engineers, we usually interact with code.
>we

>THINK small THINK weak SHOW YOUR grayscale

That's how I saw it and laughed

No idea what's the solution for that one. It kinda is like a variant of the subset sum problem but you want to calculate all possible solutions.

NP hard problems are called that because if P =/= NP (which everyone assumes but no one has proven it) it means that it is impossible to solve them in polynomial time.

You could easily write up an algorithm that bruteforces the solution but would take up 2^n in time for calculating one solution to the problem he posted. n being the amount of different coins you can use.

It doesn't mean they're hard to program. Just means they're hard to solve for a computer.

No, they're looking for recursion, is everyone on this board fucking retarded?

Pretty sure it can be brute forced. Basically you do a depth first search, adding coins of monotonic values. When you reach the stated amount or go over it, you go back two nodes and try a bigger coin. Should be doable with a recursive function and a global counter. No global counter if you're autistic about globals and don't mind passing a bunch of values

That's unnecessary. Shifting would be quicker to code for and more efficient code.

Bullshit. No one uses C++ to write low level firmware or OSs or anything like that. If you do you are doing it wrong.

Thanks. I wish I would have learned more about algorithms in school, seems nifty.

Gotta be honest, I skipped this part in my computer science bachelor, but I would solve it dynamically like user said.

Just create a table that would go from 1 to n and then go trough each coin c € C and subtract it from your input n; if it's negative then it's not a valid solution, if it is, then look the solution up in the table. It it's not in the table calculate it in the same way

Can you post your solution pls? How would you go about that? Let's say 3 * 5?

Is there a significant difference between how efficient C and C++ are?

>she needs to join our startup

Why am I reminded of the doctor from Rocko's Modern Life?

What the fucking hell was this supposed to teach?

That X and Y values can be plotted along a coordinate grid? Didn't people learn this is basic schooling?

What the fuck man? And then the utter condescension of making it GRRL FRIENDLY by having it revolve around fucking emojis and making your own U GO GURL image with doctor and astronaut imagery.. yes girls can do anything, such as learn what a coordinate grid is, if you just teach them in a convoluted way for an hour and incentivize them with happy cheerful colours and no logic or math.

This is a big middle finger in the face of every woman out there, but I bet the SJWs will cheer it as a positive initiative.

How the fuck would girls learn how to code if this is how they're taught. I mean, if we're actually looking for women programmers and not virtue signalling and then having these clueless idiots drop out or be unemployed for life? This is what a women's studies degree in charge of teaching programming looks like.

Isn't there this joke about C++ parsing being an undecidable problem? The added complexity basically means hell if you have to formally proof program correctness for a safety critical system.

c++ templates are turing complete with source code as the tape and compiler messages as output

if you have to ask in such a general fashon, it doesn't matter

if you have a mission critical system that needs provable code then you don't use cpp