I'm Danny Rand

>I'm Danny Rand
>I'll defeat the hand
what did he mean by this?

Is this the worst show i have ever seen? I struggled to finish, hoping it would get better, and instead it gets worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Haq3CwrLcOI
thebaffler.com/latest/iron-fist-kriss
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=Haq3CwrLcOI

I can vouch for it being the worst show you've ever seen. It's not just you.

Watching now, familistan. It's not as boring as JJ, but I completely expect it to fall apart in the second half like every other show in the Marvel Netflix catalogue.

Stick to DC shows if Iron Fist is too complex for you, embryo

>go on netflix
>episode 9
>32:53
>Poopy fine

But yes, in all seriousness, this was incredibly bad, even worse than Luke Cage, and that show was balls to the walls bad. Danny Rand is a terribly boring character.
It's like they completely failed to understand why people liked JJ and DD so much: they are characters with flaws and weaknesses.
Hell, if it wasn't for the retarded side characters like the twins, JJ would be considered the absolute best marvel TV show ever. Right now though it's on par with DD season 1, maybe an inch below.

>breaks his vow of chastity

WeW

Also, I've mentioned this before, but Danny Rand looks like the Nu-male poster boy.
Compare him to pic related. Only one of those has the looks to be a lead in a show.

I wish the show had depth, steeped in Eastern philosophy. unfortunately, it is all surface, and the surface is implemented sloppily.

>I'm Danny Rand
>I'll defeat the hand
>I'll take em to the land
>that the understand
>ocean man

really weird moment

its genius in its simplicity

Audible kek

Thank you, I only want to make people laugh, it's my one true passion.

I don't understand. What's with these empty criticisms? In the video alone:

>Boring
A conclusion with no supporting details what the fuck am I supposed to take from that? How do I even respond?
>Rand isn't charismatic
He has a pretty good presence, although that's mostly helped along with his facial hair
>Asian girl sidekick
What they're doing, I haven't finished, with the asian broad is pretty good. They keep dancing around her becoming the sidekick, and how she's a hypocrite for participating in underground fights for cash while telling her students not to is good fucking stuff. I thought she was going to be on board right away with Danny but naw she's just doing her own shit so far, conflicted internally.

What the fuck did he want her to be?
>Ward is obnoxious
How is that a negative for the show itself? He clearly has his own ambitions and issues.
>There's no real plot
Fuck off. Didn't even finish the video.

This is the worst show you've ever seen.

If I were to count up what went wrong I'd just type out the entire show. There's nothing that isn't lacking.

>Is this the worst show i have ever seen?
get some friends together and watch Under the Dome. That's "so bad it's good" S-rank.

i admit it's quite bland. I'm not sure if danny rand is a shit character, if finn jones is a terrible actor, or simply miscast.
All i know is that i kinda hate every scene he's in, he's such a whiny bitch. Isn't iron fist supposed to be totally in control of his emotions and shit? he's always throwing a tantrum, crying, scared.. like.. come on

>Isn't iron fist supposed to be totally in control of his emotions and shit?
Why would you let your preconceptions of a show influence your opinion on what it actually is? He was trained to fight, trained to sit on a mountain and sit down n' shit, he wasn't trained how to deal with the fact that the people whom he used to spend the most amount of time with actively don't want him in their lives enough to send him to a mental institution, try to have him killed, etc.

>your preconceptions of a show influence your opinion on what it actually is?
I had no preconceptions. The show itself sets the character up like this, a master martial artist who fought to the top in a martial arts heaven to inherit the power of the Iron Fist, a superhuman power channeled by inner chi maintained by discipline, self-control and focus. Then it undermines every single one of these traits in the main character and makes him incredibly naive and stupid. The temple must have been filled by a bunch of fucking pussies if this guy ever became one of their top fighters.

I was warned to watch it like Suits, so I did. It ended up being the most comfy, addictive thing to watch. I Marvel/Netflix wanted a legal drama and they thought they could achieve this with the Rand Corporation saga. Basically, a king-fu eastern mysticism franchise was the wrong vehicle for it so it was marketed all wrong. I loved that he was utterly incompetent though. The hook for me was watching an incompetent superhero stumbling around like an idiot. I think it was deliberate. I can't wait to see him interact with Jessica Jones because she is going to call him out on what a dumbass he is every chance she gets.

>The show itself sets the character up like this, a master martial artist who fought to the top in a martial arts heaven to inherit the power of the Iron Fist, a superhuman power channeled by inner chi maintained by discipline, self-control and focus
No it doesn't. The first five minutes and 20 seconds sets up Danny to be collected despite his new city environment. He only loses his cool once Joy and Ward refuse, or can't, recognize him as Danny. This triggers flashbacks of the crash on the way down the elevator. In 10 minutes we've established he is adept at combat, but still hasn't quite recovered from the accident, and can't handle the rejection from his friends too well. All of this is fine. He is flawed when it comes to human interaction in the modern world. Not strange at all considering he was raised by a bunch of virgin monks.

>no it doesn't
When a show tells you a character has climbed to the top of martial artists, what picture does that paint in your mind? A yoga class?
>he's spec ops, best of the best
so he has trouble reloading his weapon?
>he's the best surgeon in the country
if only he knew what a scalpel is

>All of this is fine.
The initial confusion disrupting him was fine. They then continue to use inner turmoil throughout the entire season to disable his powers, making him a confused useless mess.

>When a show tells you a character has climbed to the top of martial artists
The show does not tell us that in the first five minutes and 20 seconds (this is the time until he gets to Ward and Joy).
>so he has trouble reloading his weapon?
The show doesn't tell us anything like this. Why do you have this expectation. Wanna tell me more how you don't have preconceptions?
>They then continue to use inner turmoil throughout the entire season to disable his powers
He never had anyone to confide in or was able to deal with his feelings. When he was in the monastery it was either work or fight, every single day. He had no time to sort out his feelings.

Are you a fucking moron. When I'm talking about how the show sets up the character, I am not talking about the first 10 minutes of the show. I'm talking about the fucking character himself.

>I am not talking about the first 10 minutes of the show
...Which sets up Danny as adept at combat, shit at people. I'm not sure how you got this:
> Isn't iron fist supposed to be totally in control of his emotions and shit?
When the first ten minutes demonstrate the opposite. The only conclusion I can draw is that you went in to the show with expectations which is stupid.

I have been seeing you post these videos for like a year now. Obviously you are persistent. Please improve quality. You make alright points, but it's hard to focus on someone when they aren't focused. You don't need to script it out per se, but at least make up some bullet points and edit out the air to keep things concise.

What alright points? None of the points were good in that video.

t. Butthurt white boi

Read this article that goes beyond the "White Savior" business to show how racist this show really is.

>Danny Rand comes back from the mysterious Orient to find that an ancient evil has burrowed deep into the financial district of lower Manhattan. Some strange power is at work in his father’s old boardroom, something sinister moves in its multitudes through the night. This power is behind every kind of vice and corruption; in a few hundred years it has spread its tentacles across the world, carried along shipping lanes and congealing in the cities; deathless and inhuman, it ruthlessly expands according to a logic directly inimical to human life. This should be—and is—a clear if unsubtle metaphor for late capitalism. Instead, in Iron Fist, that sinister influence is immigrant communities. If we’re serious about critiquing racism in mass culture, we should probably start here.

>The show takes place in a kind of inverse image of the real world, a fantastic plane adjacent but opposite to the one we live in, and the Iron Fist guards the pass. The villains are something called the Hand, evil drug-dealing ninjas without any defined mission beyond their own evil, who under the leadership of a frail-looking Chinese woman called Madame Gao have swarmed into Western cities and are on the brink of taking them over. In this backward-world, it’s Chinese people forcing opiates on defenceless whites; it’s innocent multibillionaire businessmen who are being crushed and exploited by migrants. At one point, our hero tells Gao to leave New York and go back to where she came from—and we’re supposed to be on his side. The real evil in lower Manhattan is autochthonous, spiralling out of the ground into vast towers from which it rules the world; the real evil in New York is the substance of everyday life. In Iron Fist, it’s the product of invading Chinese, and only a true-blue businessman can stop them.

>This dissonance isn’t something unique to Iron Fist; it’s just a particularly advanced example. We’re in an age of “dark” and “gritty” comic book narratives—but what this really means is that the structure of their moral fable is in collapse, and the crisis lies in their inability to properly represent evil. The baddies in Iron Fist have no motivation whatsoever; they’re just the ill-defined other of a capitalist body that has so thoroughly conquered the globe that it no longer knows how its enemies might even think. The Hand—a secret order in touch with forces from beyond our world—is in control of one of the world’s biggest companies, and what does it do with it? It uses it to sell heroin. No wonder the story’s unsatisfying. The grand, cosmic, supernatural enemy is identified with all the rejectamenta of modern society, its unbearable remainders, the residue of its lies. Petty street crime, drugs, migrancy, the vague sense of ethnic threat.

>This isn’t a failure of the writerly imagination; it’s a fundamental inability to imagine at all. Comic book fables can’t properly represent evil, because while evil does exist, it consists in precisely their own mode of representation and their own narrative conventions: the hero who always defends the status quo, the man who, like the fascistic sovereign in Carl Schmitt’s political theology, upholds the structure of law in his ability to step outside of it; the villains who infiltrate society with their lusts and their schemes, always on the outside of the established order.

>thebaffler.com/latest/iron-fist-kriss

>to show how racist this show really is.
Except for the fact that they sum it up as such at the end:
> Comic book fables can’t properly represent evil, because while evil does exist, it consists in precisely their own mode of representation and their own narrative conventions

I don't get your point. He's saying evil in the world has much in common with the classic depiction of the comic book hero.

>He's saying evil in the world has much in common with the classic depiction of the comic book hero.
That's not what he said at all. He said the evils of the world, capitalism in particular, is not something comic books are apt to portray because a comic's convention is there is a simplistic story of good vs evil.

Yeah so the show instead just scapegoats immigrants and drug dealers, I don't see how that undermines the Iron Fist is racist" thesis.

>its a redditors make passive aggressive complaints over a show that didnt cater to their delusional SJW demands

Because it's not racist. It's poorly realized. If you CHOOSE or WANT to see the racist tones, go for it? But just know it's poor writing.

Just because the intention wasn't racist doesn't mean the end result gets a pass.

For sure. But it's just Chinese whispers or Indians in the trees to give it that much credence instead of seeing it for what it really is: poor writing.

Lol how does he not understand a pretty simple character archetype

The guy who played Ward Meachum was based.
Looks like Justin Long only good actor.
The show is the second best Marvel by Netflix after Daredevil

I'd say JJ then IF then DD

>Y'know what would have made a better ending for the Winter Soldier? Instead of a multi tiered battle across exploding helicarriers where every character is shown contributing and playing to their strengths and Cap's need to redeem his friend contrasts with his very real and deadly battle with the Winter Soldier, Cap should have had a slow clumsy fist fight with Robert Redford in an office building.

>and how she's a hypocrite for participating in underground fights for cash while telling her students not to is good fucking stuff.
Well, considering that she's teaching the students to be Hand ninjas it makes a lot of sense that she doesn't want the students fighting publicly. Whereas if she's recorded it helps recruitment of potential Hand members and deepens her cover as a legit martial arts teacher.

I wasn't making an argument, simply stating facts.

perhaps...one of these days

>I say Luke Cage sucks more!
>And I say Iron Fist sucks more!
lol

It's awful, fucking awful. It drags for like 6 episodes, that's 6 hours of a story going fucking nowhere. The action is atrocious. The dialogue is really bad too. It simply has nothing to justify the runtime. It could have been a really bad two hour movie but instead they went for a 13 hour of absolute trash

I was 5 episodes into this before I realized that it was offal

awful offal

awfully awful

and losers like thiswill still defend it

Berfekt

>JJ would be considered the absolute best marvel TV show ever
No it wouldn't and from what I can gather, you and tumblr are the only losers that hold this opinion.

Looks like a live-action version of Roger from American Dad.

Are you talking about Jessican Jones, Luke Cage or Iron Fist? Because they all fit your description.

jj >= dd1 > dd2 > lc >= if

All of them

dubs of truth

I stick to DC shows because I won't watch whitewashed garbage.

Luke Cage was worse in my honest opinion. This was trash, but at least it had the nazi sheriff from Banshee who had a great arc, was well written and acted.

LC had better tension, action, plot, and characterization.

I almost agree, but still feel it left a worse taste in my mouth. the Pernsley twist was AWFUL. Mershala Ali was great, but beyond that "pimp stormtrooper" was hilarious. The Wu Tang beatdown in the early episode was good too.

Iron Fist was just so bland that Luke Cage was worse.

>I'm Danny Rand
>I'll defeat the hand

Means he doesn't fap.

>I completely expect it to fall apart in the second half like every other show in the Marvel Netflix catalogue

It actually picks up around the halfway point, you just have to soldier through all the boring early episodes where Danny is doing white collar shit rather than actually iron fisting.

Ward Meachum is probably the best thing to come out of this mediocre show.

BEST character

based faramir

>They then continue to use inner turmoil throughout the entire season to disable his powers, making him a confused useless mess.
>a character finally coming to terms with his traumatic past because he interacts with his childhood friends for the first time in 17 years causes emotional turmoil
Who would've guessed.
And Ward and Joy's initial suspicion and outright rejection wasn't the only set back Danny encountered throughout the season to fuck him up.

>a super ninja organization that wants to take over the world armed with the power to resurrect its members is an analogue to immigrant communities
lmao

this

whats your name bro

only good post on Sup Forums

Seriously..can't believe they casted a wh-.. I mean yeah this show is just trash everyone thinks so, I'm Danny rand! Haha

Summed most criticisms nicely. All I had to do was see the astounding 0 RT and read one article to get an idea of what was happening. Bunch of fags shilling because Danny is a whiteboi.

holy shit its faramir?

>It's a "DCucks jerking each other off out of impotence" thread
Even the worst marvel netflix show is like a godsend compared to the trash WB puts in the CW.

I just watch it for the Asian chick