Why don't the Dutch play ice hockey?

Why don't the Dutch play ice hockey?

Other urls found in this thread:

sports.yahoo.com/news/the-netherlands-isnt-very-good-at-soccer-anymore-and-for-now-thats-ok-215509501.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

too tired

We do, but it's really an underexposed sport.
Our team is at best B tier.

I'm surprised that more Dutch don't get into it considering how popular skating is there and how insanely lucrative hockey is in the US/North America.

If we played it we would dominate

Sad state of affairs... I personally like to watch it, but in general no-one cares about the sport in the Netherlands.

Utter lack of funding. Most normal ice-skating tracks already operate at a loss, but the government keeps them operating with tax money because it's a deeply cultural sport. Ice hockey is not a cultural sport, ergo it doesn't get funding > there's not a lot of people playing it > we don't have a large pool of talent > we suck at it.

If we were to spend a few millions on propping up ice-hockey we'd probably dominate it within a decade desu.

I doubt it. England/Wales/NI are too warm and Scotland is too small. To produce good hockey players you basically have to be somewhere ridiculously cold for a significant part of the year. Look at where the best American players come from, places like upstate New York and Minnesota. The Dutch might be the exception though because of how much they love ice skating.

Because parents force their children to either play football or field hockey. No love for ice hockey unfortunately.

Norway should be a lot better in hockey too. You're rich and cold, no excuses.

their men are genetically too feminine

>el goblino...

Because we play proper hockey already, and it's god-tier

Real hockey is better

Are there even any pro leagues in field hockey?

if it's so good why do I never see any threds about it?

Why does it have to be cold if you play in doors?

It gets pretty expensive to cool a rink in warm weather

They play field hockey instead

Yes
There are for the EHL and Olympics

>the best American players come from, places like upstate New York and Minnesota

That's a girls sport though.

because you can't stat pad on ice hockey, there is only one medal to win

But Matthews is from Arizona.

This site has an entire board just for wrestling. Number of threads doesn't mean shit m8

At least having threads shows that people actually watch it and discuss it like we do with ice hockey, can't say I've seen the same for field hockey more than any other olympic sport even though people always show up to defend it.

>If we were to spend a few millions on propping up ice-hockey we'd probably dominate it within a decade desu.
We spend some good money on ice hockey and we still suck at it.

Active NHL players by state:
>Minnesota: 46
>Michigan: 32
>New York: 30
>Massachusetts: 23
>Illinois: 17

In general NHL players come from states that are fucking freezing.

Um no sweetie you a C tier at best

You do play it and you don't.

Fucking kek, no you british pussies would not

>If we were to spend a few millions on propping up ice-hockey we'd probably dominate it within a decade desu.
Dominate Denmark maybe.

We're good at field hockey and ice skating, give me one reason why we wouldn't dominate ice hockey.

>We're good at entirely different sports
Throw a few hundred million into your youth development over the next 2 or 3 decades and maybe you'll be a top 10 team. In a century or so you might even crack the top 5.

Bitch you can't even dominate soccer and you fags invented it

But they do
Their best team the Tillburg trappers play in germany 3rd division

Once even an EBEL team got a dutch player Kevin Bruijsten, player in OP pic, but he was a literal meme, -4 after 4 games and he was cut and sent to EIHL which is a huge meme-league too

In a century we're under water and it will be too hot to have icy winters.

So your dream is dead before it even started.

are the Trappers somewhat popular in the Netherlands?

>dream
Nobody dreams about being good at >furpuck lmao. We're just saying that we have everything it takes to be world class at it, IF we cared about it.

>IF we cared about it.
I'll take "Things losers say." for $1000, Alex.

But its true, quite literally nobody ever mentions ice hockey here and I've never ever met someone who practiced it. This is the first time I heard of Tilburg Trappers.
Even luckswing is more relevant here.

>dutch are good at any sport they care about
>the dutch care a lot about soccer
>the dutch can't even make a best of 32 tournament
Explain.

That happens to everyone, Italy is a bigger football nation than we are and they haven't qualified either.

I see, so hockey is extremly irrelevant
Even your best player in OP pic isn't known it seems

Same reason you don't see americans in F1. They can only turn left

>That happens to everyone
Doesn't seem to happen to Germany.

>That happens to everyone
I'll take "things premature ejaculators say" for $500, Alex.

It doesn't happen twice in a row by accident. You're just not good.

Yes, they're consistent, but that doesn't prove your point. There are a lot of big football countries that failed to qualify in the past.

lol

>by accident
When did I say it was an accident? We're currently in a grim period, but that doesn't mean we'll be like this forever.
Now go back to watching your wife getting blacked by her son.

Nah, I'm just going to look forward to the world cup which we are going to play in.

>Why the Dutch suck at soccer. And why that's ok
sports.yahoo.com/news/the-netherlands-isnt-very-good-at-soccer-anymore-and-for-now-thats-ok-215509501.html

I wish you the best of luck with the 3rd place finish in your group. Watching Euro 2012 where we didn't get out of the group was more painful for me than not being able to watch us play in 2016, so take that as you will.

We have a few upcoming talents, I'm not scared of the future. Give it 4 to 5 years and we'll be back on track.

I wish we would. We got many big tracks for speed skating so making adjustments for ice hockey shouldn't be too much of an effort. It's the general lack of interest that's the problem

However if some Dutchie is suddenly becoming successful in some sport that we usually fail at, it could shake things up. Since Epke Zonderland (and Yuri van Gelder before) many kids have been joining local gymnastic teams. Same with Max Verstappen being successful in F1 drew many people back to autosports. Now there are serious talks about the return of a Dutch GP again.
Guess we need a similar trigger in ice hockey.

When the rest of the world will learn that the real Hockey it's the roller hockey?

>not an olympic event

>most
>therefore best

The Dutch should get into goaltending. Goaltending is great because you can actually get better by having a shit team in front of you (more shots faced, more practice with breakaways and high percentage chances.) All it takes is one or two great goalies to put your nation on the hockey map. Arturs Irbe of Latvia and Olaf Kolzig of Germany come to mind.

Also, teams have been looking into taller tendies.

only way to be good at hockey now is to have the tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend for the thousands hours of ice time
unless you already have a hockey program there's no talented competition, most meme countries send their players to lower divisions in finland or sweden

kolzig was just a leaf who couldn't play for canada, so he played for germany
the jap goalie for la is a better example

Yeah, we just have to make sure that they stay long enough in the Eredivisie to develop enough, and that they are not getting bought up by English clubs to waste their career sitting on a bench for the next four years.

the more you produce the more good players you will likely produce so yes. Just because Matthews is a freak outlier doesn't change that

>P. Kane (Buffalo), Gaudreau (NJ), Eichel (Boston), Pavelski, Kessel, Suter (WI), Wheeler (MN), Werenski, Larkin (MI), Seth Jones (CO), Trocheck & Saad (Pittsburgh), etc. etc.

Gib full names of both, plz

They called Dale Weise (average nhl depth player, kind of fast with an annoying face) the "Dutch Gretzky" because he went to their league during the lockout and styled on everyone

>dayee weeeeese

God dammit, why don't they pronounce his name like it's supposed to be.