The Church Christ founded

There is only ONE, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

That is the Orthodox Church, founded by Christ, which the gates of hell shall not prevail against.

youtube.com/watch?v=XP0J2eDPIjU

This is an Orthodox pastebin that addresses the questions of Catholics and atheists and Muslims and Jews and Protestants and liberals, along with a reading list that provides links: pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IomxvOTf-So
youtube.com/watch?v=0JnCO0OlhlE
pastebin.com/FjeXZhXj
pastebin.com/QbEvMzUX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1054 meme church. might as well be jehova's witness

The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod is the One True Faith. Consult their website if interested in salvation.

Whoa there, the "Donation of Constantine" was what the Latin heresy referred to as the RCC was founded on.

That ain't the one Christ founded.

Orthodox bro I have some bad news for you.

Your church was destroyed during the Bolshevik Revolution. The communists murdered all the priests and religious. They destroyed many of the churches and convents and monestaries.

They then got the brilliant idea to take over the church and use it. So the KGB (GRU I think at the time) had good goys go into the church. It is run by the communists since. From the patriarch on down they have been under the thumb of communists.

I love the Orthodox Church. It's been my favorite out of all the ones I've tried in my spiritual journey. I also have a fascination with secret societies though which seems to be a big no no in Orthodoxy however. This is kind of a bummer since such groups tend to be the only ones who do anything involving charity in the area so I've considered joining one.

I certainly have respect for the Orthodox church. It certainly doesn't have a leader that goes around kissing the feet of refugees and apologizing to homosexuals for something that he had never personally done.

Soros plz

The USSR created the "renovated" Church, basically Orthodox but it allowed bishops to marry and all that. All the clergy who wouldn't go along with it were killed or imprisoned, almost all the parishes were given to it. Trouble is, people in Russia hated it and wouldn't go, and in WWII Stalin knew he needed the real Orthodox Church to get the people to fight, so he released all the protesting clergy and turned every parish over to them; the clergy that defected to the new church were forced by the true clergy to do the penance of apostates if they wanted to return.

26th of June, 2016

On immigration
>Such an important aspect of modern life like mass migration is not left unattended. Unlike the Catholic approach that unduly favors migrants, particularly in Europe, the Orthodox notices the negative nature of the process, as well as the fact that it leads to confrontation of different identities and value systems. In addition, the Orthodox Church propose to look at the roots of this phenomenon. The reason for the migration is the liberal, hedonistic ideology bleeding the peoples of Europe and the interests of the capitalist elite, who need a cheap and disenfranchised workforce:

>Attempts by indigenous people of the rich countries to stop the migration flow are futile, because come in conflict with greed of their own elites who are interested in the low-wage workforce.

On usury
> The only alternative to the global fictitious liberal economy can only be a real Christian economy.

>Business expectations in lending, often ghostly becomes more profitable than the production of tangible goods. In this regard, it must be remembered about the moral ambiguity of the situation, when money is "make" new money without the application of human labor. Declaring credit sphere to be the main engine of the economy, its predominance over the real economic sector comes into conflict with the moral principles, reveled by God condemning usury.

You are wrong.

Yeah, that's what they told us before. Then they found it is was a forgery.

Do you believe in Orthodoxy?

so like how does one get legitimacy for his patriarch, or are all foreigners expected to basically pick between russian and greek

If I had a clear answer for that I would already be baptized and attending regularly despite it being a pretty long drive. The best I can say is it's the closest thing I can see being what Jesus would've intended out of everything I've tried so far.

There are fourteen patriarchs and they are all equally valid. Besides, your highest authority is your local bishop, not your patriarch.

>imblying every orthodox is Russian Orthodox
Shoo shoo Satan!

I respect your beliefes. Myself I am a protestant.

Not Church of Sweden, I hope

That video was top tier desu

May God bless you for all the work you do in here. You are a true defender of our church.

Hell no. Every day here is like walking on coal. Gotta keep your head high though.

Yep

Thank you, Christ is in our midst.

bump

youtu.be/IomxvOTf-So

Wow I didn't know the Bolsheviks took over Greece, Egypt, Syria, India, Ethiopia, Armenia, Turkey, Cyprus, the United States and Iraq. I learn something new everyday from my friends on Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=0JnCO0OlhlE

Bolsheviks didn't infiltrate the clergy, that is completely a meme. The only *proof* of that is one guy who claims to have "seen secret documents* showing the Patriarch is ex KGB. Compare that with the thousands of people who claim to have seen "secrete documents" at the Vatican showing Jesus was married.

Our bishops are the ones who choose the next bishops, the USSR had no role in that. I mean I guess it's possible they sent KGB agents into monasteries (where we tend to pick bishops from) to live for decades in an ascetic life of privation and fasting, expecting them to get vetted and chosen as bishops by their peers, but there is zero evidence that it worked if it was even attempted.
plus see
Russian Orthodox are actually based as can be, they are more on the same page with Mount Athos in perspective than any other Church except maybe Georgia.

turn your trip back on so i can filter you

You could simply not post in this thread

>pastebin.com/FjeXZhXj
>pastebin.com/QbEvMzUX

Those who worship other gods, regardless of what words they use to describe it, will be cast into the pit of hell by the one whom it is impossible to deceive.

>Muslims themselves have icons they venerate

There are also "Muslims" who pray to saints and have shrines with images of saints just like you do. Other Muslims kill them.

Based as fuck

Where do I sign up for this church?

Your nearest Orthodox parish

Help I can't decide between these two.

Here are some quotes by Luther

>Know that Marriage is an outward material thing like any other secular business.

>But the woman is free through the divine law and cannot be compelled to suppress her carnal desires. Therefore the man ought to concede her right and give up to somebody else the wife who is his only in outward appearance.

>Suppose I should counsel the wife of an impotent man, with his consent, to giver herself to another, say her husband’s brother, but to keep this marriage secret and to ascribe the children to the so-called putative father. The question is: Is such a women in a saved state? I answer, certainly

>I confess that I cannot forbid a person to marry several wives, for it does not contradict the Scripture. If a man wishes to marry more than one wife he should be asked whether he is satisfied in his conscience that he may do so in accordance with the word of God. In such a case the civil authority has nothing to do in the matter.

>Christ committed adultery first of all with the women at the well about whom St. John tell’s us. Was not everybody about Him saying: ‘Whatever has He been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalen, and thirdly with the women taken in adultery whom He dismissed so lightly. Thus even, Christ who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died.

But Lutherans don't believe every batshit thing Luther came up with.