MST3K thread

"You don't even know who Richard Basehart is" edition.
Old series, new series, Rifftrax, whatever, it's all good.

P.S. This is Richard Basehart. But if I had started the thread with him you'd have skipped it because you don't even know who he is.

loading richard basehart remark
richard basehart in 5
richard basehart now

Are they taking episodes of MST3K off of youtube?
Suddenly Devil Fish is nowhere to be found.

They took the episodes off Youtube that they put on Netflix. Still a decent amount on there. There's also some on mst3k.com that are regularly rotated.

Just watched the second episode of the new series, and I was laughing a surprising amount. Riffs are still WAY too fast and come out too often, but that's fixable.

You guys were freaking out about felicia day or whatever her name was, but she said her lines fine. I mean, it could've been anyone else, and it's not like she's improving the lines in any way, but it's not the disaster y'all made it out to be. It's just whatever. Though I dunno about the actual riffing of the movie, maybe that was just a miss in those hit or miss episodes.

the best Sci-Fi era episode is Time Chasers

fite me fags

new one looks like complete shit

>not catalina caper

read that in magic voice's...voice

that was Comedy Central.

i bet yall cowards don't even binge watch ktma

Where are you goofs watching the new episodes?

im not watching the new ones
I like the old ones way too much to tarnish them with this new abomination

That's kind of how I feel, I was just wondering because I hadn't seen the new episodes pop up on Netflix or any of the trackers I use.

i didn't even know it was netflix, but looks like thats the case. Also didn't even know joel was directly involved

These new episodes are literally just "Joel needs money".

>"So history is just circling the drain right now, is that it?"

The only episode I've ever seen is Manos. What are the recommended episodes? Is there a lot of fluctuation in quality between seasons?

Watch Final Sacrifice. If you don't like it then the show is probably not for you.

Thanks.

Top 10 episodes as voted by fans:

1. Manos: The Hands of Fate - (424)
2. Space Mutiny - (820)
3. Mitchell - (512)
4. The Final Sacrifice - (910)
5. Pod People - (303)
6. Puma Man - (903)
7. Santa Claus Conquers The Martians - (321)
8. Werewolf - (904)
9. Cave Dwellers - (301)
10. Time Chasers - (821)

Frankly I think Manos is overrated. It's kind of a meme because of how transparent and pathetic the movie itself is.

Also, there aren't really any bad seasons but people like to fight about which host was better. I would say that Mike's shows are more reliably funny (especially in the last couple seasons), but Joel was super chill and a master of deadpan delivery.

The new episodes are privately available to kickstarter backers. They'll be out on Netflix this Friday. Or maybe somebody will put up a torrent before that, I don't know.

I know Sup Forums has to hate everything on principle, but I've watched half of them already and I have to say they really aren't bad (other than the new mad scientists, which are awful).

Manos is so weird on its own merit that it's actually highly entertaining even without the riffing.

Dunno dude, the Pearl, Brain Guy and Bobo cameo reminded me how bad some of those later season skits were. Patton and Felicia are fine really, not offensively bad imo.

Like the majority of episodes, Manos is very funny but runs out of steam as the movie does. The third act with the cat fight is just boring

Agreed. The first 2/3 are total gold, based on the quality of the short and first part of movie.

>mitchell, sccm, and cave dwellers make the list
>no soul taker, star force, danger death ray, prince of space, catalina caper, i accuse my parents, or any gamera

Yeah, I don't mean to put the old skits on a pedestal. There were more misses than hits then too.

11. Overdrawn At The Memory Bank - (822)
12. I Accuse My Parents - (507)
13. Eegah! - (506)
14. Gamera - (302)
15. Prince of Space - (816)
16. Hobgoblins - (907)
17. Laserblast - (706)
18. Soultaker - (1001)
19. Godzilla vs. Megalon - (212)
20. Jack Frost - (813)

Feel any better?

>11. Overdrawn At The Memory Bank

It always amazes me how this was basically an early version of the Matrix, only written by someone who probably didn't really understand anything about computers.

nice
also fuck, i completely forgot about overdrawn at the memory bank
The tranny joke in it probably wouldn't pass standards today

>Puma man

genuinely enjoyed this, not even talking about the riffing either

The monologue Servo does for the last driving sequence was beautiful, though.

credits are good too
>and the tender...peeping torgo scene

every movie that has donald pleseance was/is great.
Speaking of which, warrior of the lost world definitely belongs in top 10 for same reason

I always thought that one worked pretty well structurally and had an interesting plot. It was only garbage because it had no budget and Raul Julia was the only competent actor involved.

there were alot of films that were only held down by shit budgets
I really think teenage caveman had a shitload of unrealized potential even though it was still a pretty good flick

My vote for most overrated "best" episode is Merlins Shop of Wonders

as someone who has very literally watched every episode 10-15 times as well as most rifftraxs and cinematic titanics, am i the only one who actually finds weinstein to be the superior servo?

I would put Prince of Space on that last list (and bump Werewolf).

Who am I kidding? I didn't go to Castleton.

My favorites are The Mole Men, Terror from the year 5000, Space Mutiny, Giant Spider Invasion, The Final Sacrifice, Pod People, Cave Dwellers, Merlins Shop of Mystical Wonders, Werewolf, Jack Frost, Time Chasers, The incredibly strange creatures who stopped living and became mixed up zombies, return of the creature, angels revenge, time of the apes, invasion of the Neptune men, prince of space, and a few more I'm sure I'm forgetting but any of those are great.

Shit, see I forgot hobgoblins, soul taker and overdrawn at the memory bank

Probably. His voice sounded so forced.

Fuck and girl in gold boots

>Mst3k goes to SciFi channel
>SciFi channel forces MST3k to riff on sci fi movies
>MST3K crew doesn't like this
>SciFi produces some of the best episodes

Lisa: It looks like there's been war.
Servo (as Lisa): You'll have to take my word for it, we can't afford to show it.

How come nobody ever mentions Fugitive Alien? As far as weird Japanese shit, it's on par with Prince of Space. Definitely in my personal top 10.

Is there a torrent of the new season yet?

Did you mean Ken, Ken, or Ken?

maybe

I'm an icky elf!

>ken one kill ken two