Shameful documentary's

This movie turned me into an atheist. I am now agnostic. No relation. But I was just wondering what other shameful documentaries Sup Forums disavows.

I.E Misleading editing

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_in_medieval_Islam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you don't know what you believe you loser

I have no clue what your actual issue is with this movie
>shameful editing
It's really difficult to make fundies not look batshit insane. Who would have thunk it?

>I am so stupid I actually have my beliefs formed by a failed comic
Lmao

>Misleading editing
You're not supposed to alter your entire worldview every time you watch a documentary, m8. You can't blame your weak mind on the editor

You seem like an idiot OP, but I'll answer your question anyway.

Blackfish is a load of crap that used manipulative editing and selective facts to turn everyone into blubbering hippies about a total non-issue.

This true-crime shit is a pretty nasty trend. I don't like the way the filmmakers/editors tried to draw suspicion to the dead girl's brother.

There were 2 documentaries I remember watching
One was about a guy with a small penis
the other was called "the complete history of my sexual failures" or some shit like that
They were both so obviously scripted it makes you mad as fuck.

>failed
That's a new meme, haven't seen that one before.

Sup Bill

You realize that not much in Blackfish was factually wrong and that Sea World had shitty conditions in their facilities and that they faced legal issues if they didn't adhere to tank sizes (made smaller to cut corners), right? Whales aren't goldfish...they have complex emotions and are extremely intelligent. They were legitimately abused, user.

>One was about a guy with a small penis
Great documentary.

Every single Scientology documentary is straight fucking biased garbage.

Lol are you a scientologist user? Their bullshit "religion" is some batshit cult that has a history of bullying ex-members.

It was shite.
The guy was a failed actor/comedian so already you know it's shit
He faked a viral video of him getting his public marriage proposal denied
He didn't even show his cock or say what the size was.
And at the end it's "oh, I'm ok with it now :)"

>t. brainwashed scientologist
Tell me about Xenu

Really though, most of it is based on salty ex member testimonies.
That's like asking a salty ex gf what you're like in bed, or a salty ex wife what kind of father you are

Oh so every religion ever then? Nice religious bigotry.

>salty
I'm sure you liked scrubbing boats for tax evasion purposes but not everybody enjoyed it.

This is a good description of Sup Forums

>doesn't even understand the difference between religious ascetics and public followers
Your thoughts on monks flagellating themselves to bloody ruin?

I do hate all organized religions, yeah. Especially money laundering cults that sexually abuse and psychologically torture people.

You must be great at consoling rape victims, I have a hunch.

>ascetics
That's a cool way to spell sycophants.

>Your thoughts on monks flagellating themselves to bloody ruin?
Religious/spiritual people are dumb. What else is new?

Only people who blatantly ignore all of the criticisms scientology gets are people up scientology's ass. Go do the gene pool a favor and kill yourself if you even believe anything they peddle

Cite the ten greatest wrongs Scientology has committed in the past five years.

Bill Maher is one of the main reasons why I'm a liberal and atheist but fucking hate liberals and atheists.

You want me to cite more than ten counts of possible rape, criminal coercion, overseas money laundering, legit brainwashing, criminal threatening and tax fraud?

Surely you aren't this sheltered.

Please excuse my request, it's just that from my observation Scientology critics tend to cite offenses that Church members may have committed over half a century ago in their arguments against it.

If you could cite the ten greatest wrongs Scientology has committed in the past five years, I might be willing to reconsider my opinion. Also cite the ten greatest wrongs Islam has committed. Thanks

Robbing their followers blind, giving them nothing in return, blackmailing them with personal information revealed in "auditing" sessions, stalking and harassing critics and ex-Scientologists
>inb4 THAT'S NOT TEN!! WE THE BEST!!

Andrei Rublev turned me into a christian.

>Also cite the ten greatest wrongs Islam has committed
Well now you've just gone too far.

>This movie turned me into an atheist. I am now agnostic.

What does that mean? Agnosticism and atheism aren't mutually exclusive, so I don't know what you meant by those statements.

i mean he did seem pretty fucked up. what kind of brother does post court interviews and smiles/laughs while talking about his murdered sister.

What the fuck does Islam have to do with your argument about Scientology?

>half a century ago
People literally come out on a yearly basis you dumb faggot.

I'm also an atheist but seeing how Jews are so desperate to disprove Jesus makes me suspicious.
Wasn't he also a Jew? Why do they hate him so much?

>I'm an atheist but I'm really worried about this fictional person I'm not even supposed to worship

Yeah, you're not an atheist.

>fictional
wew

Christians claim Jesus is the messiah, Jews don't

Jesus isn't fictional

>random fuckers named Jesus back then is proof of magical guy named Jesus

My godfather's name is Jesus. Maybe he's magical too.

What the hell are you even trying to say?

This is the last (You) I'm handing out tonight for bait as sloppy as that.

A guy that says he's the messiah they've all been waiting for makes them mad. They consider it blasphemy.
I'm the same on the suspicious note, their desire to destroy Christianity and advance Islam makes me really appreciate Christianity. I used to be an angsty fedora, but now I'm all for Christianity culturally, even though I can't ever believe the magical side of it.
Look at how advanced Europe is over the Mid East, they tell us it's not a racial thing, and if we believe that it has to be a cultural thing, and since the religions play such a big part in that I've got to be on board.

Atheists and Agnostics are the same. At the end of the day they both lack a belief in a higher power.

I would take Bill with a grain of salt, possibly a Jesuit temporal coadjutor. He was raised Catholic - Jewish and in Holy Wood so typical crypto and may just be a self hating Jewish Christian but the man is acidic as they come. It seems he primarily attacks protestant Christianity, and that's ok, so long as he gives the mother cult it's fair share of attention.

>they have complex emotions and are extremely intelligent.
Just like your mother, amirite?

Agnosticism has nothing to do with belief or lack of belief. Agnosticism is when one concedes they do not know with certainty whether or not what they believe is true. There are agnostic theists and atheists. The terms are very commonly misappropriated.

>Look at how advanced Europe is over the Mid East, they tell us it's not a racial thing, and if we believe that it has to be a cultural thing, and since the religions play such a big part in that I've got to be on board.

t. failed history

I hate Arabs like everyone else here but there's a lot more to it than that.

>Agnosticism is when one concedes they do not know with certainty whether or not what they believe is true.

Thus they don't have faith in a higher power. Same fucking thing only atheists are slightly more obnoxious about it.

Christianity was to roman empire what PC is to todays western nations. A jewish invention designed to destroy european empires and culture. The "all who are christian are equal" and "turn the other cheek!" is your stantard jewish communism.

I'm agnostic myself. I have no trouble admitting that i don't exactly know how life came to be on earth, so i have no trouble admitting i don't know if there is/are a creator/s. Doesn't make me be weak on my resolve, i believe strongly we can't say for sure.

Why are they so superior then?

>le arabs invented le math!!
This is a meme liberals pull out of their ass to apologize for their pet subhuman sandniggers and hate on whitey.

Belief without certainty is the definition of faith. Many followers of all faiths would fall into the agnostic theist category.

>le agnostic atheist meme
Why is this a thing? Youre literally conceding that you dont have any reason for your belief with that term.

Call yourself agnostic. Period.

>when in doubt, meme it up

You kids shouldn't be staying up this late, anyway.

Christianity hindered natural white development that comes from our superior genes. The moment we started leaning less on christianity and started liking ancient greek and roman culture again, and created less religious ferver churches such as protestant church, is the moment renessaince happened. The less we became focused on christianity, the more white people advanced, the enlightment, industrial revolution ect.

Maybe you shouldnt be up using those two neurons you have to try to make an argument either.

I'm not trying to argue the validity of any viewpoints. I am pointing out the meaning of commonly conflated terms. You are confusing common usage with actual meaning.

>advanced
The Renaissance was full of batshit crazy laws, wars and beliefs, that's not advancing.

t. Seaworld exec

Hope you die desu

>more and more modern historians who feel less pressured to appease Christbabies
>coming out that Jesus prob wasn't a real person
>have to worry about fundie fee fees because of their hold on government and on historical societies in general
>Christians literally bully science and historical groups to tow a narrative

I don't hate all Arabs, don'r speak for me retard.
>I hate an entire racial or ethnic demographic of people
Is just being dumb

But it is historically true, they invented modern arthimitic and a lot of fundamental concepts concerning cosmology...why does that trigger you?

>DUDE HISTORIANS SAY THIS DUDE WAS NAMED JESUS IT'S GOTTA BE "THE" JESUS LMAO

I'm still waiting for some proof of those miracles anyway. Why do I give a fuck if Jesus was a random jew?

It was more advanced than what came before it.
It's more advanced than the dunes are now

No, you are trying to muddle the actual meaning of agnostic to make it mean believing or disbelieving in X while lacking a sufficient reason to do so, when in reality it means not withholding judgement on X.

All but the most fringe historians think Jesus was a real person. You talk about the church bullying science but validate historical equivalent of global warming denial lol

>All but the most fringe historians think Jesus was a real person.
Great, they should have some proof of his miracles, then.

Most historians agree there were many people named Jesus and not a singular dude, since there is virtually no first hand account of his life anywhere. But if you mention that, Christfags through a tantrum, so the narrative stuck as "he was a single guy". No proof, literally none, exists to solifidy this as more than conjecture.

Give it another 20 years until we can talk about his historicity (or lack of) honestly.

Jesus the historical figure =/= Jesus the Messiah from the Bible. I don't believe in that shit either. That's like saying St. Patrick wasn't a real person because he didn't actually drive the snakes from Ireland.

Isn't the accounts of St. Patrick the person also dubious?

One of the things I like best about Christianity is that it gives people a workable philosophy with which to better their life. It motivates a lot of people to do a lot of good things. Believe in its truth or not, if you're a decent person you have to agree that the end results are largely positive.

Let's face it, if you were in serious, life threatening danger you'd want a neighbor like Ned Flanders on your side, even if you didn't share his beliefs.

>Jesus the historical figure =/= Jesus the Messiah from the Bible
So he was just a random jew and not the actual magical guy. Like I said, I know plenty of guys named Jesus, they're not proof of god being real.

>being skeptical of a man living 2000 years ago based on third-hand knowledge from record keepers and ancient historians almost 100 years after his death, who never met him
>the same as denying concrete, verifiable data on carbon emissions and global warming in general
What a shitty analogy

>dude historians say this dude who got crucified, was spoken to be wise and received a great following after his death is the same guy who is described as doing the same things in different sources
I mean, do you even know how history is studied?

>proof of those miracles
That isnt relevant to the status of his existence, and even then, the only reason, based on historical grounds, to be skeptical of the writings that witness the miracles would be if another historical writing denied the claims.

idk senpai some of the worst people I've ever known were Christfags.
Just because they preaching don't mean they practicing.

They didn't invent any of those things. To hold the beliefs you do about the arabs requires a very liberal view of events with a touch of historical revisionism. You also have to take into account what race the people living in Arabia at the time were. Demographics change over time, especially in the middle east.

>different sources
Agreeing and retconning after the fact to make loose shit fit together is not "multiple" sources, user.

I wouldn't say this film turned me into an atheist, but rather affirmed feelings, thoughts and doubts I had had all my life. Life's experience made me an atheist. This film, George Carlin, Penn Gillette's vocal displeasure with religion and God-worship plus some intense book reading all reinforced what I had known all along

Yes, that's very true of all religions. I have met some terrible Christians. Not everyone succeeds. But Jesus himself talked frequently about those kinds of people.

>>dude historians say this dude who got crucified, was spoken to be wise and received a great following after his death is the same guy who is described as doing the same things in different sources
Is there proof of his supernatural abilitie-

>That isnt relevant
It is if you wanna present some random jew named Jesus as proof of... What are you trying to prove anyway? If we've already made clear this isn't the biblical Jesus, why do you need me to believe some jew was real? I can tell Woody Allen is real.

>But Jesus himself talked frequently about those kinds of people.
Can I get some quotes?

>they didn't invent those things
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_in_medieval_Islam

>Important progress was made, such as the full development of the decimal place-value system to include decimal fractions, the first systematised study of algebra (named for The Compendious Book on Calculation by Completion and Balancing by scholar Al-Khwarizmi), and advances in geometry and trigonometry.[1]

>Arabic works also played an important role in the transmission of mathematics to Europe during the 10th to 12th centuries

Are you just fucking retarded? Only person revising history, is you. It is widely known that the Islamic world established algebra. This is literally just a historical fact, my misguided and aspie friend.

This is the dumbest shit I've read all week about something so to look up, holy shit.

The only reason to be skeptical of the existence of a guy described in the accounts of his followers would be a prejudice to those accounts and the people who wrote them. That is why modern biblical scholarship is a joke, with all the metaphysical assumptions and ridiculous beliefs to hold their narratives together. Are we to believe that in order to prove the authors conclusions we must posit the existence of Q, K, L, G, B, T and more gospels?

*easy

>The only reason to be skeptical of the existence of a guy described in the accounts of his followers would be a prejudice to those accounts and the people who wrote them
What?

Happens more often than you would think. It's pitiful.

>Is there proof of his supernatural abilitie-
Like what, video or something? We have the writings telling us he did those things, you dont believe them.
>It is if you wanna present some random jew named Jesus as proof of
He's not a random jew, he's the one who is referred to as Jesus, the man believed to be the Messiah.
>I can tell Woody Allen is real.
What youre pretty much saying is that unless we can prove without doubt that Woody Allen molested his daughter it makes no sense to talk about a random guy named Woody Allen. That's just ridiculous on it's own face.

>Jews and their desire to destroy Christianity and advance Islam makes me really appreciate Christianity.
Nice tinfoil hat there. Do you vote?

>Maybe if I ignore stuff it won't be happening.

>He's not a random jew, he's the one who is referred to as Jesus, the man believed to be the Messiah.
user, I believe his point was if there is no divinity being argued, who actually gives enough of a shit then about his historicity? He only actually matters in context and connection to being divine. As a person (whom which, we barely even know) he doesn't matter.

>it's real to me and I'm a gullbile Sup Forumstard, so it must be true
It's the same song and dance right?

It's just downright alarming if you don't see why holding that opinion makes you look insane. There is no two ways about that, kid.

Not all of these are directly from Jesus but they're all consistent with the theme.

James 1:26

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Matthew 7:5

You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Matthew 6:1

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7:1-5

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Matthew 15:7-9

You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

Where is that Old Testament passage of the story of when God trolled some goat fucker to burn his own shit?

Regardless of whether he is divine or not, he is a pretty influential person 2000 years after his death. Even people who dont believe he was divine can attest to his wisdom and the tragedy of his death. If you cant understand that, then I'm sorry, I cant help you.

I'm waiting for a counter to this Faggot. Where did you go? You were so confident before about the "liberal historical revisionism". Why do you people always run away?