Should I get EMT certified?

Should I get EMT certified?

Attached: 1528815197978.jpg (1024x678, 205K)

Happy to answer any questions you might have about it. I'm on shift right now.

Attached: 20191201_192812.jpg (2160x2160, 1.86M)

best days?
worst days?

been an ICU nurse for 2 years

Best days would be working with a good partner and getting good calls. Bad days are working with someone lazy, and running nothing but transfers and drunks.

Yes, you should. Even if you don't become an EMT. Too many people don't know how to do simple ass medical shit that can make a big difference

How long are your shifts typically?
Is it possible to do further training/classes while working fulltime as EMT-B (or whatever the equivalent is these days)?

why would you want to help literal retards that burn their dicks off or break their noses on their staircases or some shit

So I work 12 hour shifts. A lot of other agencies do 24 or 48 hour shifts. I'm taking some classes at community college and have no problem doing that while working full time. I use my downtime at work to study.

Because the pay is good and it's really fucking easy and you can do it while pursuing further education.

Thank you for the info!
Are you going paramedic/firefighter?

> can you drive a truck?
> can you use one of those aed machines?
> can you pick up a guy with the assistance of another and place on a rolling table?
> can you operate a radio to get instructions from a real doctor?
lel it's pretty easy so go for it. the doctors do all of the work you just move cargo from point a to point b.

Attached: 1573429511780.jpg (503x887, 66K)

The pay is typically not great, unless you are a firefighter.

interesting, why do you not like transfers? are they monotonous?

Beats the hell out of retail, my friend.

the pay is horrendous in the U.S. considering the amount of shit they deal with

I am taking some prerequisite classes for medic school currently. I've thought about going fire, but I'm more interested in medicine.

retail is a cakewalk compared to healthcare, especially on the front lines where addicts will literally try to stab you for administering narcan during overdoses

Hell yea. Best of luck to you, bro

Same dude

Attached: 1574418632385.jpg (480x553, 26K)

This screen shot from Heroes? Peter Petrelli should be there.

They are at the BLS level. Elderly patients being discharged to SNF and psych transfers. As a paramedic you can get some interesting transfers.

Thanks!

What do you want to do with it?

Be a firefighter? Eventually become a paramedic? Work in a Hospital?

Basically getting EMT gets you in the ground floor for a variety of career paths should you choose to get more education (and spending $$$ for said education)

It's not a good career long term unless you are willing to evolve

I use to work retail and I had a higher hourly wage doing it.

I want to drive a weewoo wagon while I finish my BS degree part time.

What do you think about paramedic/firefighter as far as a career? Is it worth staying in long term?

Have you read “A Thousand Naked Strangers?”

For EMTs? Not where I live.
Firefighters and paramedics are competitive, but there are constantly listings for EMTs and they can never meet the demand. The turnover rate is ridiculous.

Fuck the certificate, you should do that shit freelance

Stop being a fuckin sheep to the system , do what you want when you want to . You dont need somebody piece of paper to tell you your allowed to be an EMT

Just fukin perform CPR and shit on people whenever youd like .

Attached: pee-wees-big-adventure-1985-06.jpg (500x287, 25K)

LOL