"The thing that lives in the castle is an ancient creature we spiders fear above all others."

"The thing that lives in the castle is an ancient creature we spiders fear above all others."

Do spiders fear snakes? This seems like a weird choice. If it was a giant rat I could see it fearing snakes but I wouldn't have though spiders and snakes crossed paths all that much.

I would've thought birds would have been a spider's greatest fear.

I think it would be wasps. Birds just eat spiders. Gulp. Done.
Wasps paralyze spiders with a sting and then lay eggs in their helpless bodies. The larvae hatch and slowly eat the spider alive. That's got to be worse than a bird swallowing you in one bite.

So you're saying the best counter to a giant mechanical spider would be a small man-made flying machine, large enough to carry two people at most?

Yes. Armed with nuclear warheads.

That scene right there almost made me stop watching the movie.

Spiders have 8 eyes so they get killed by the Basilisk's gaze 4x as easy

Loved them giant spiders

Anyway it's probably not specifically 'Spider vs. Snake' it's Aragog and his children vs. the giant serpent with the paralyzing stare

How come aragog's english is so good when hagrid can barely speak it?

How does a spider know English at all when it's lived most of its life in a forest?

its not a snake its a fucking basilisk you dumb nigger

hows it feel to be so dumb you can't comprehend a childrens book's story?

holy fuck I'm not even memeing here, you might be the stupidest faggot to ever post here.

Centaurs know english and they live all their lives in a forest

What the fuck kind of ending shot is this?

Aragog is cute!

CUTE!

How did Hagrid and Aragog hang out? Did they get together and then Hagrid would tell some Hogwarts gossip and Aragog would make a web hammock for Hagrid? How did Hagrid figure that forest our anyway?

the fast kind

these arachnocucks have eyes pointing in every direction so the snake can btfo them at any time no matter where they turn.

>How did Hagrid figure that forest out anyway?
Hagrid had the balls to explore it

Was Hagrid the first to ever explore the forest?

Probably not, just the first to do so and live each trip.

Newt was, you stupid cuck.

oh yeah forgot that one exists

More giant spiders

Perhaps their greatest fear is being in one of the dullest franchises in their medium?

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>shelob
>"giant"
not even close

> bigger than your average bird eating tarantula

so we /lit/ now?

In the Harry Potter lore the Basilisk is a snake known as the King of Serpents.

its not just a fucking regular snake though

it turns shit to stone if it looks at it, literally every creature should be scared of that you dumb nignog

>its not just a fucking regular snake though

But by your own admission it is a snake?

I unironically want to fuck Shelob.

Snakes eat spiders and other insects/arachnids/mollusc's as a primary food source in most parts of the world
Makes sense to me

hes a big guy

Why?

WICKY WICKY

>incridibly fast wizerd flying at incredibly hihg speed

I don't think about kino in terms of plot. Btw watch the extended version

4 silmarils

B T F O
T
F
O

>have 8 eyes
>basilisk turns you into stone of it looks in your eyes

i think its self explanatory 2b honest wichu famas

Its a reverse dementor shot. Harry isn't depressed for once instead he's happy and his face is distorted by flying a broom not by getting his face sucked

holy fuck. your fucking autism is fucking showing you fucking faggot. holy fuck-nuts, are you a fucking half-breed nigger/spic? and fucking take a fucking chill pill you inbred fuck. i've never seen such a stupid fuck go off like a fucking weiner licker like you and you fucking still fucking got your fucking information wrong. holy fuck, you must really be a fucking retard. i got a fucking question for ya you fucking piece of shit, did you ever comprehend the story book you were fucking referring to? because holy fuck, from the fucking way you spouted off with that verbal bullshit its pretty fucking obvious you dont. do us all a fucking favor, take your fucking medz or smoke a fucking joint. and dont fucking ever come on Sup Forums and beak off like that again. my fucking God, you are the fucking epitome of retardation. fuck the autism meme, were you diagnosed with water on the brain or FAS? ;-)

kino

Ikr

A spider's worst enemy is humans.

I had a black widow outside my window, it was nesting in a hinge for the window. I was afraid this was going to lead to a bunch of baby widows all over my house which is not the most airtight structure. So I went outside to kill it. All I had was roach/ant raid so I blasted the next area thoroughly in this stuff.

During the day the widow was hidden, so after I soaked it's house in poison it emerged, probably blinded or some horrible shit. It sat on it's drenched web and probably stared right at me in hatred. It didn't seem to be visibly weakened, so I went to get a hose. I was gone only moments but when I returned it was already trying to escape by threading down. I turned the hose on it and blasted it with the force of a thousand suns. The poor bastard crumpled and flew off the house, onto the ground and into the grass. I hosed down it's house and hoped I killed or sufficiently maimed any eggs.

Honestly I feel kind of bad, it's not like the spider fucked with me, he just picked the wrong house to live on.

You did the right thing, user. Once, I awoke with a spider crawling on me. My initial reaction was to go take a shower. In kerosene. Next to an open flame.

i read some funny stories

Harry Potter and the Furious Nine

Shit. I would seriously watch that.

I have had spiders dangle down from my ceiling on to me way too many times in the past few years. Ever since I've acknowkedged I don't like them more have found their way in to me and in some ways I've become slightly more used to them. What's scary is they are silent you can be sitting in the dark and the light from your phone or computer screen will make you see one on you or you'll feel one on your neck.

Black widows are fucking dangerous man. Any spider that's not crazy poisonous is ok to hang around my house, but black widows can fuck right off.

t. John Peters

Two seconds

Basilisks can kill you with eye contact. That’s very unusual. I can’t think of any other creatures that can do that (at least in the Potterverse).Spiders have manyunclosableeyes.The eyelid is mostly found in mammals; a lot of other animals have no need for them. That includes spiders and insects – there’s nothing covering their eyes. So just being in the presence of a basilisk is dangerous – they have all-round vision, and they can’t close their eyes. (On the other hand, a spider against a Weeping Angel?)But is that enough to make them mortal enemies? That’s unclear.When Harry and Ron encounter Aragog in the forest, he’s blind, but clearly still scared of the Basilisk. It’s possible that there’s no longer a rational reason for the fear, but has simply become something baked into the spider psyche.The idea of spiders fleeing basilisks is hardly a new one. InBulfinch’s Mythology, a nineteenth-century retelling of classical mythology, we find the following passage:The basilisk was of some use after death. Thus we read that its carcass was suspended in the temple of Apollo, and in private houses,as a sovereign remedy against spiders,and that it was also hung up in the in the temple of Diana, for which reason no swallow ever dared enter the sacred place.

About spider fucking?

Please share

She got that ass