Yes or no: People who's favorite part of this movie was the first half missed the entire point

Yes or no: People who's favorite part of this movie was the first half missed the entire point.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qk4rPnfOdHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I fell asleep about 5 minutes after that scene ended so by default yes
This movie is a fucking snorefest

Are you by chance not out of highschool yet

The second part was bland 'Nam war movie #485 and it's universally agreed on. If it wasn't for the first half - specifically the drill instructor - the entire movie would've been forgotten.

is this the movie where vietnam war was faked?

It's like Stanley Kubrick saw apocalypse now and said "I wish I made that"

Is it not possible to get the point but also really like that scene?

I like the second half. It's like the payoff for establishing everyone's personalities in the first half. You get to see how Joker turns out to be a good soldier despite being kind of a goofy asshole in Boot Camp and how everyone else makes mistakes.

Full Metal Jacket is better.

second part was about rapings of US girls by US soldiers

>Joker turns out to be a good soldier despite being kind of a goofy asshole in Boot Camp and how everyone else makes mistakes.
But he fails to be a good soldier until the very end. Being in the military was a fuckaround good time and he wasn't prepared for it to get serious.

FMJ is a hollywood cheesefest compared to apocalypse now

Nope
Get over it, this movie is trash as is space odyssey and several other of this faggot's films

2nd half has some great scenes, but the 1st half is objectively superior and one of Kubrick's greatest hours of filimmaking.

>second part was about rapings of US girls by US soldiers
>whores are rape victims
Tumbler get out

If women wanted to pay to fuck you, and you had no other choice, and you didn't want them to fuck you, you'd get it.

Don't pretend to understand.

When they get ambushed by the sniper other soldiers fuck up and don't think but he manages to sort it out.

Is that a problem?

I wouldn't be a whore screaming "me wuv u wrong time" outside a US army base just to blue ball soldiers either

Platoon is the best Vietnam war movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=qk4rPnfOdHA

It's mostly good because of R. Lee Ermey who had a lot of his own input

Oh shit, I remember reading about this dude
His facts are commonly confused as being opinions but everything he spouts is an objective fact

ah fuck i meant viet girls. but you understood

I liked hamburger hill better

Meme war.

How could you be so plebian

No it fucking isn't, it's just his subjective interpretation.

If anything the second half is actually weird. The soldiers keep doing nothing and joking around and the vietnamese attacks seem suspiciously amateur and fake (and they talk about "Vietnam: the movie" with all that filming the combat).

However, when the sniper gets into the scene it actually turns into warkino. Then a little scary with all that darkness and fire when they encounter the said sniper (with a prolonged "shooting the bitch" scene... was this actually a rape?).

And at the end they all sing a fucking mickey mouse song, wtf?

Except women use sex to get what they want all the time, even in marriage. Trading sex is natural to them.

Yes, if you don't appreciate the second half of this movie you are a moron who should stop watching anything but capeshit. It is truly the ultimate pleb filter.

>and you had no other choice

No, they can prefer what they want.
The true idiots are those who stop watching after the first half or those who claim that the second half is terrible.

I honestly don't remember a single part of the second half. Haven't watched it in years to be fair though.

Rob is an idiot

Honestly, I feel like somebody could make a pretty good video essay about Full Metal Jacket vs. Stripes. People only seem to like the first half of that one too.

I don't remember much of the second half of Strips other than they're basically driving around in a tank or van and not getting killed or captured even though they should the entire time.

>inside every gook there's an American trying to get out

>obey my orders and the word of gwaud

That's pretty much the thing. They both have a pretty complete narrative in the first half, wrapping up at the end of basic training. Stripes falls apart, and FMJ keeps going pretty admirably. You can talk about Joker's reaction to meeting exactly what he described as the "ideal soldier" in Animal Mother, or the sniper scene to the soap scene. It's weird that people are gung-ho military about it, but finding pride in being shit on is a big part of military life.

Platoon is Apocalypse Now lite

Just kill yourself plebbit boy

Yes