I can't seem to understand as to why society continues to cling on to these artificial ideologies...

I can't seem to understand as to why society continues to cling on to these artificial ideologies. Considering we've advanced so far as a society to know that science and logic is more reasonable than magical beings in the sky. All religion has done is cause harm and hatred (just look at history) I believe that religion should be abolished from society.

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 15K)

bump

I agree. But the problem is mainly that religion is taught to children. And, to a lesser extent, there are corrupt religions/cults out there that profit off of their followers

bump

Religion is a menace a should definitely be abolished

bump

>Creates ideologies alone
>Wholeheartedly believes they're better than ideologies created by hundreds of people working together that millions more share

Fucking l m a o o o o

Attached: 0569058D-D7EA-4479-9FF6-B206D4CEA67B.jpg (500x570, 66K)

And why exactly was it necessary to create in the first place? It was made for control and monetary gain.

You don't need religion to have ethics/morals

Atheism isn't an ideology you mongoloid, it's a rejection of one.

While religion does seen irrational now a days, it did set the moral and ethical foundation for society.

Maybe hundreds of years ago. Now we know better. Religion has its place in museums and history books.

But now it is no longer needed. Now it's only causing problems for society.

bump

Nah it helps many.
I'm atheist but understand the beauty of many religions. Dont be a dumb ass and throw out the good messages

Everything good about religion you can find elsewhere, without having to believe in a bunch of illogical nonsense

Not true. What about beautiful churches?

That's architecture, not religion. If that's really the best you've got you're just proving my point.

bump

True, but the world is really big and redundant so that's a bit of a tautology. Everything good in Dungeons and Dragons can be found elsewhere too. A person that goes to a well-adjusted church and leads a moral life is no more wrong for believing in their particular falsehood than I am for remembering a bunch of rules for my autistic team-based murder simulator.

There's always something better that we could be doing with our time, and always something of value in the way we waste our time. Call out bad behavior, not the specific nonsense social activities that people engage in.

religion has had some benefits in terms of teaching through story but I would agree it's becoming more and more detrimental as we advance as a society I personally wouldn't be happy if I had children who turned out to be religious and I would certainly be extremely opposed to anyone using religion as justification for action or as a be all end all.

Not defending religion, but what is the basis for empathy then?

Dungeons and Dragons doesn't call itself a moral authority, doesn't claim it has the answers to all of life's problems, and doesn't demand total devotion to its beliefs.

Except atheist now is like the church of satan. It was supposed to be against religion and in the end became a religion of its own

bump

Even if that were true (it's not, atheism has no worship or rules or ideology or anything resembling a religion), that's beside the point. We're talking about religious ideology and how pointless it is in the modern world. You can't seem to address that.

Us religious folks aren't worried. Thanks to birth control atheism will be largely bred out of the human race within 100 years. Atheists have far less children ( because selfish cunts) and the vast majority of people maintain the faith of their parents. Conversion to atheism in the west is outpaced by coversion from atheism in the east (where they got to witness the effects of athiesm as a state religion, e.g China, Russia)

We've won, it's just 100 years coming to fruition. The trends can be seen in the western world but liberal athiest academics never put it front and center because of the butthurt.

Atheism isn't a religion you can convert to you dumb fuck

The level of delusion here is amazing.
>atheism will be largely bred out of the human race
Citation needed. Atheism isn't hereditary.
>Conversion to atheism
It's not conversion. You convert to a religion, which atheism isn't.
>The trends can be seen in the western world
Demonstrably false. The fastest growing "religious affiliation" in almost every western nation is "none."

Your semantics doesn't change the population trends faggot. You know what I meant.

bump

>Demonstrably false. The fastest growing "religious affiliation" in almost every western nation is "none."

Only because the western world is having children at less than replacement rate. Birth rate is less than 2, excepting US and only because of immigration in the US.

Atheism percentage is growing in a comparably small population while declining in the East with a much higher population. All nations with high birth rates, especially African ones, are experiencing high rates of religious conversion as well. Because, with no religion, birth rates decline to below replacement as soon as birth control is introduced.

This is such an interesting debate! I'm loving this :)

bump

So you admit that I was right about declining rates of religion in the west. Good, I accept your concession.
And so what if it's growing in the east? You keep saying "we" as if all religious people everywhere are one monolithic entity. Assuming you're Christian, do you really think you have anything in common with an Arab Muslim or a Vietnamese Hindu? Actually I'd be willing to bet you or someone you know would call those people misguided or evil or a threat. So I don't see why you're saying that growing rates of belief in those places is good.

Attached: 1563460329106.png (553x585, 101K)

bump

Do it, nazi

What the hell are you talking about fool?

bump

You're a fool

How so?

You dont need God to nanny you around and know what is morally right. If you hurt others you are in the wrong. If you fuck kids and animale, ur in the wrong you dipshits. What does that mean as far as churches goes? Dingdingding do: 1+1 = These are satanic temples and Doctrines of Demons and fucking Lies :D all of them are Pedos that are Homos

>Abolish religion from society

Think this way and you're not much different from a nazi

"All the opposers should be gassed!"

bump

bump

bump

>artificial ideologies
Religion, in one for or another, has been around since humans came around. It is apart of us and inseparable. To deny that is artificial.

Stupidest shit ever written.

Is not being circumcised artificial?

Name a religion that doesn't profit off its followers.

>And we're the crazy ones for not believing this horse shit.

Agnostic is fine. Science actually encourages it as far as I know a 'god atom' hasn't been discovered. Athiest is fine too I suppose although science doesn't support it.

Any of the religons are big business at this point.

Attached: Christianity.jpg (600x507, 49K)

bump

What does that have to do with anything that I said?

No, that would be the freemasons

Name a school that doesnt profit off its students

Capitalism: Everything profits from something else

Nazi's were pretty religious.

K-12 education in america is state funded non profit.

All atheists are agnostic to a small degree. It’s the label “agnostic” which is the problem. It makes it sound like they’re wushu-washy and undecided. Like “gee there might be a god, there might not be. Let’s flip a coin”

Pretend that you have looked at all the evidence and decided you aren’t going to vote for joe Biden.
You would say “I’m not going to vote for joe Biden.”

But what if there’s a voting machine malfunction and you do vote for joe Biden? Or if someone hypnotizes you into voting for joe Biden?
Or what if the kidnap your family and the only way they’ll release them is if you vote for joe Biden?

There are a few very rare and outlandish scenarios where you WOULD vote for joe Biden.

But you still wouldn’t say “I might vote for joe Biden,” even though it’s technically true. It makes it sound like you’re on the fence about voting for joe biden.

The same is true when people say they are agnostic. There’s such a tiny outlandish chance that they could be presented with evidence that changes their minds that they say “I’m an atheist.”

As the green cult today has demonstrated, lack of formal religion doesn't mean absence of religious irrationality.

People's affinity to see and hear what they want has never been exploited more.

When I used the internet in the 90s I used to think all this information and choice would lead to a more intellectual, less religious society. The result 20 years later though has proven that theory wrong.

We’ve been circumcising people for thousands of years, to deny cutting baby penises would be artificial.

You’re saying that just because people have been doing something for a long time that that makes it natural.

*when people say they’re atheist instead of agnostic

It should have read at the beginning of the last part.

I'm a christian. I follow my religion, although I am not perfect. The fact that i am on Sup Forums shows that. But i dont mind you who dont believe. Personal choice, i wont preach to you if you dont want it. What is the problem then?

because sheep want to be herded, one way or another. Be it, religion, old folklore, a basketweaving forum, or any other form of association