What is the best branch of the military to serve in...

What is the best branch of the military to serve in? Has anyone served here on Sup Forums can you tell me what it was like? I'm thinking about doing a year in the navy to get the feel of it but I'm open to suggestions and want to hear what you think thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-dwKoNb8E0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hands down airforce nothing else compares. It's hotels vs. tents vs. whatever ship barracks are called. Go enlisted sign an eight year contract in some tech related airforce field so you get spec pay and are sent all across the world for training. You won't regret it for a second.

Navy and Air Force are most alpha.

Army if you want to be cannon fodder.

Marines if you have a 3 inch penis and want to prove how manly you are.

Army Reserves or Coast Guard if you just want to be paid to shitpost all day.

It's also one of the safest jobs in the world because you work alongside heavily protected HQ's and never see combat.

>Eight year contract

Damn lad

Honestly I don't think I'd be capable of flying a plane do you think the airforce is decent for any field/job?

Air force is sweet but they gets laughed at by the rest of the military. Almost as low as National Guard/Reserves.

Navy sucks ass if you choose an engineering rate, I'm not sure what a Electronic technicians are called in your country mate but they have the most cushiest and easy job in the Navy.

>US Army Tank Operator (MOS 19k)

Airforce (cushy job)
PMC (cushy pay)
Coast Guard (Actually doing your job)

the rest

Kek. Were you a tanker?

I remembeer those dudes STAYED in the field when I did my year in Korea and I hated just going out two weeks at a time to do gunneries on the Bradley.

My brother says infantry is full of retarded cunts who don't want to think for themselves, now he wants to do a core transfer to be an electrician in the Army or something

and also cunts hate gap year folk so either do it or don't

Army Reserve here, I spent two weeks shitposting from my phone for my annual training this year. We went to Fort McCoy and sat around doing jack shit about half the time, so... yeah. I know how the shills feel, getting paid to shitpost with taxpayer money.

Having said that, you should probably go Army Reserve if you want respect and actual useful combat skills. The active duty USAF actually gets less respect than we do, even though their job is harder in many ways and they do it full time.

Air Force has the best careers besides piloting. Sensor operators, cyber security, crypto language analysts, space operations, air traffic control are just examples of jobs they train you for that translate into big money outside the military (If you can her high enough ASVAB scores.) go to AIRFORCE.com/careers

In America that's basically the Marines

>Navy
>Air Force
>Alpha

Navy is the gayest branch, bar-none, they literally buttfuck each other in the middle of the sea with their little faggot uniforms

Air Force don't do anything but shoot drones and jerk off

its not too bad OP if you had some nuts you'd fight in Trashcanistan its pretty fun whacking haijis

Hope you enjoy masturbating and trying to escape heat under camo nets, OP you massive faggot

>butthurt squiddie/chairman detected

You'll be able to join a real branch on of these days fag

Navy fag here, 4 years coming up and not planning on leaving.

>Airforce (cushy job)

keeping those planes in the air that save your pathetic lives on a regular basis isnt as cushy as it sounds

I was an MP in the Marines.

You either get to do some real tacti-cool shit or end up on a mind numbing and soul-sucking garrison job.

Marines are unquestionably the hardest branch to be in, but your quality of life sucks for your whole enlistment. Up to you if its worth it.

Just know that regardless of which country or branch of service you join, you're going to have a broom in your hands a lot more than a rifle.

im joining infantry end of the year.

dont be a pog faggot

... less than 3% of the airforce are pilots and enlisted never fly anything

85% of positions in the military are non-combat don't be an idiot and blow your knees out by 35 in the infantry leave that for minorities and become a tank mechanic or an apc driver

the best branch of military is banking. you play with numbers and send """"""honest, hardworking, fair, good ol boys""""" to war and have no shame because they are expendable and would just shit up the country with ignorance and low iq.

>Infantry

Had a mate get discharged from infantry. All he did was sit around and play cards. He did 2 tours and did the same thing. Literally throwing your life away mate. Find a different rate or one with a trade.

I did 5 years in the FFL.

Honestly any division that doesn't have to follow too much beaurocratic bullshit. You want to be with a team that handles their own affairs. If you have to ask 100 guys to fart in the field its a waste of time.

>I did 5 years in the FFL.
ffl?
> any division that doesn't have to follow too much beaurocratic bullshit
You don't pick a division lmao and they're all vast bureaucracies but enlisted don't have to deal with any of that shit.
> If you have to ask 100 guys to fart in the field its a waste of time.
Yeah you've never been anywhere near the military. Even a 2nd day BMQ faggot knows about chain of command and you don't ask your superiors to do much if anything it all comes down from the top.

We also don't have five year contracts. Fucking liars.

how to get into military banking?

Air Force

go into administration they handle petty cash that's about it.. pretty much impossible because that's where they send all the guys with no foot or half a hand.

FFL is French Foreign Legion, they do have 5 year contracts.

Probably still lying though

11B, no deployments. I hate my life.

Former-LAV crewman (turret operator; gunner) here out of Brisbane

I liked it, as AFVs are an interest

I'd choose artillery/mortars if given another chance, though

Join based on your interest, and you'll have a much better time

If I joined up now, I'd go signals for the training and job opportunities afterwards

Yeah defo join what you're into as a hobby or autistic/intellectual concept, something you think is cool because it's cool. You'll have loads more fun that way.

Former RANfag here (PO/CSO), only do it if you haven't had any other jobs yet. The people who struggled were those who didn't jump right in after high school, they seemed to struggle with the concept that this isn't just any other job and you don't clock out at 5PM and when the boss tells you to do something, you'd better fucking do it.

if you're a female, don't even bother unless you're into navy blokes and want a bunch of sweaty seamen locking you down to zulu erry night.

Be glad. I was a fucking 14r unit turned into a cav scout unit for a one year tour in Iraq. We still had the same resources as a real infantry unit so we basically worked twice as much patrolling and shit. Once I fell asleep at the wheel driving and woke up because the other soldiers in the humvee were shouting for me to wake up because I was about to drive off the road and shit. Toughest year of my life by far. Main reason i left the army too. I couldn't risk doing that shit twice.

Unless your hobby is hidden cams. Navy is cracking down now.

Still had the same resources as an air defense unit, I meant to say.

whats the best combat MOS for a manlet?

what can manlets do to good in military?

Wow, they sent you out with just the one rape whistle?

AAV or Tanks

I alwayd envied how you bastards could move so freely in the track

When did you leave? Also do you know PO Zoretto? Funny cunt that one.

Not sure what that means?

Tanker, or infantry and hope you get sent to a mechanized unit so you can laugh at lanklets trying to squeeze into Strykers or Bradleys.

5'5" here bro. I did over three years. Ran better than most others taller than me too believe it or not. Tall people literally have no clue what the power of having heart can drive a person to accomplish.

Tanker would be good for you. I was a Bradley rider.

what do you do lad?

going in as boatswwain next year. wanna go for CD when i can

also are people in the ADF generally redpilled?

Electronic Warfare, I get paid to shitpost. You're choosing the worst job possible, also should think about just becoming a CD through direct entry.

Is shooting muslims from an Abrams satisfying?

the thought of rolling through places in a fucking tank gives me a hard on

how fucked are you if your tank takes a hit?

why is it the worst job possible?

Tanks or infantry lads. I cant decide

and also, what branch is best for being an alpha tank operator and actually being deployed?

16ALR have one steyr that they all share because the sams cost too much, or so the joke goes.

kek at the academy this one big fat midshipman had the nickname Zulu because she got busted fucking 3 soldiers inside an ASLAV

Is anyone here a former combat engineer?
I picked that when I joined 7 months ago and only just realized the depth of danger in the job 3 months ago.
I got the call last week and I'm enrolling in September.
Am I fucked?

Do you like be fucked in the ass by all the other rates? All the jobs everyone else doesn't want to do, you do.

>Is shooting muslims from an Abrams satisfying?

Probably, I've never done it.

>how fucked are you if your tank takes a hit?

Not very to extremely, depending on what hits your tank.

youtube.com/watch?v=8-dwKoNb8E0

You probably won't deploy, not unless we start another war.

Yes. Very. Much higher than the general population anyway.

like chipping and painting?

a mate of my dad's who was a medical officer said it was actually a pretty good job because although you have to do a lot of shitty stuff you get to be out in the open all the time and you do get the chance to do fun stuff every now and then.

Have you met any raaffags straight out of spring hill? It's like they Od'd on the blue pill.

Whether or not you get an opportunity to kill someone is hard to say. In Iraq my company drove the farthest in our company because we had to patrol the outer edges of our jurisdiction.

Since we drove and covered so mich roada we saw a fuckload of ieds. Those guys are good man. You almost never find who detonated them.

Most times people don't die. A lot of times the ied goes off just too soon, or just too late or isn't strong enough to penetrate the vehicle. I only seen o e bradley get totally fucked up with my own eyes and that one had the rounds cook off. The fucking thin melted but we got the crew out beforw it happened and waited until the Bradley basically melted.

My Bradley got hit twice but hardley any damage. The ied has to be planted really good and basically directly underneath to do major damage.

The entire ADF is currently one big blue pill but generally the men (and lots of the women) who are in do not buy it. I recently wrote a compulsory paper on gender diversity in the ADF. Compulsory as in if you don't do it you're ineligible for promotion.

Not OP but what if I already have a bachelors (in nursing)

Nah chipping and painting everyone does. You learn that shit at Cerberus during your SAS training. You do majority of cleaning. Most rates just like to tease the bosuns.

commission as a nurse. Im pretty sure you get o-3 off the bat.

Welcome to the navy, then, darling.

ah well
ive already been accepted and i dont want to wait around for a CD offer because that could take years so i reckon ill just go ahead and do it.

what are the chances of transferring out of the BM rate anyway? i heard that because so many pricks do it and they generally have a few other jobs going as priority roles at any given time it's not too hard to do an interservice transfer.

What do you guys think about joining the police force over the military?

Go infantry, anyone else is a faggot

t. Grunt for 8 years

Shiiii

Do your six years then transfer, absolute cunt trying to switch rate in your first few years. Gotta go through a bunch officers who'll just push you back and a few navy psychs who'll give you the whole "maybe you should leave the navy for a little bit and come back when you're ready" bullshit.

>Don't listen to Damien the Irish Psych down at HMAS Cerberus, he's a manipulative cunt.

Shit, sorry murican dude, wasn't meant to tag you.

well you guys have made up my mind, im going to enlist.

one last question though,

I have very bad teeth, most of them gone from an accident. Would the army help me fix them or just DQ me? thats been my fear

Depends how old you are. If you're 100% sure that you're a cunt, though, go for it.

They'll give you something for that. I had mild gingervitis when I joined and they gave me some shit to get it cleared.

Your recruiter would no joke most likely be able to get you fixed up to however you like in order to get you to sign up, and once your in I know for a fact they keep your dental status in good health, not sure about cosmetic stuff though.

Yeah I'm 100% a cunt and have nothing going for me.

I was thinking about joining the military. I want to do stealthy recon shit and jump out of planes. What role would fill that? I already got money so I dont care about pay.

What do you wanna do? Gappy in the navy is cruisy but every AB and kelleck will rag you out cause they jelly you're only there for a year compared to their 4-6.

Source: CSO for 6 years

Don't accept promises if that's a deal breaker though. I know a person that had to get her braces taken off and the recruiter told her some shit about them putting them back on after she left or some other shot, forgot the whole story but basically know the recruiter fucked her just to get her in.

Also make sure your foreskin is fully functional as they WILL make you pull it back to demonstrate it can retract during your medical at the YOU day AND once you arrive at Kapooka

They will help you fix them.

One of the guys in my platoon is getting jaw surgery on the Army's dollar, has had braces the entire time he has been in the Army to straighten his teeth in preparation for the surgery, and he also got PRK for free and now has 20/15 vision.

Nah, Army usually fixes that stuff. But you should avoid any military dentists you can, they're all insane and will pull teeth for no reason. Try to get referred to a real dentist if you can, either before enlisting or after BCT and AIT.

I guess that's only for non-circumsized people, because I don't remember that. I do remember having to bend over so he could look at my asshole though.

Did you ever get to ride in a Naval helicopter?

To summ this whole thread up

>infantry
Chad
>navy
NEET
>airforce
Social outcast

That about right?

like 80% of my teeth are small nubs at this point, I really need them all pulled and to get implants or dentures, would they do that for me? I would be so fucking happy

Righto, you'll want to get into highway patrol then. Pay's better and they give you a big v8. You get to chase shit and act tough with old ladies, so the giggle factor is there.

>tfw female nurse never asked me to pull the hood back in my medical
>but she did compliment my gains

>Infantry
>Chad

You're far from the truth my kraut friend

Did he put a finger in or just visual inspection?

>they're all insane and will pull teeth for no reason

Nigga, you must have a point. Just before I left I went for a dental checkup, doctor said I was fine and out of fucking NOWHERE told me people usually get wisdom teeth yanked out to prevent future problems. I was like FUCK it go ahead, and he did it. Yanked out all four and hooked me up with a whole fucking bottle of like Vicadin or some other shit. Forgot what it was but I was on that shit for a while and it didn't even hurt. I didn't even pay obviously because the miltary payed for it.

They make it up on the spot lads. One chick told me the doctor made her strip to her underwear and squat down and waddle like a duck.

I didn't finish Year 12 only up to Year 11 so apparently I have to work full time for 3 years I wonder how thorough they check that and if I could just get a mate to lie for me.

I hope you didn't get naked in front of her, that is absolutely haram.

Did you have to duck walk?

No. Navy is fags, AF is beta autists, Army combat arms is Chads, army reserve or POG is NEET, Marines are small-dicked retards, and everyone else is irrelevant.

Whole fist is the go these days, they just go in dry too. You get used to it after a bit in the RAN.