What was the first DVD you ever owned back in the late 90's/early 00's?

What was the first DVD you ever owned back in the late 90's/early 00's?

Joey season 1

2001 Planet of the Apes

The Matrix. It was also the last VHS I owned.

the mask

Terminator 2: steelbox edition from the start 2000, fuck that shit is awesome managed to make T2 look brand new. So much special features as well.

I think it was Stargate.

The Mummy Returns

you're right that was one of the first

that too

Rush Hour 2
Wizard of Oz
The Matrix
Hannibal
Crouching Tiger
Might have forgot one.

Men in Black 2

Twister

Dude Where's My Car

Kill Bill volume 1 was on sell at target and mom let me buy it with my own money

Why did she jump?

bootleg of shrek

Taxi Driver and Blade Runner Director's Cut

A fucking classic

eight legged freaks

can't remember the first dvd, but im pretty sure crouching tiger was the last VHS, an ex-blockbuster copy

This

Horrorkino.
Because I always got too spooked while watching a rerun as a kid. I decided to buy this so I could finally finish it.

van helsing

This is a meme movie right? I finally watched it about a year ago and it was just Chinese people flying around and fighting. What the actual fuck.

Genuine pleb

Shaolin Soccer

No lie this is the first DVD i was shown in school aka ever, b4 that it was all VHS.

We watched it in 2 parts in elementary school and I developed yellow fever.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (both original release and Superbit releases)
Princess Mononoke
Little Shop of Horrors (I even had the recalled version with the bonus disc which has the alternate ending where Seymour and Audrey die and Audrey II takes over the world,
, pic related even if that's the remastered Blu-ray version of the original ending and not the black-and-white version on the bonus disc)
My Neighbors the Yamadas (we bought it when me and my family were on vacation in Japan and it was the first Studio Ghibli DVD release in Japan, I even had the version with the very rare first print cover which was different from the later releases and the 2015 remastered DVD)
Grave of the Fireflies (first release US 1-disc edition)
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Blade Runner: Director's Cut
The Matrix
The Wizard of Oz

Based. Still one of the most entertaining DVD commentaries ever.

I think it was this senpai.

>try to get everyone to watch this
>everyone hates it and won't watch it
>finally convince someone to watch it but they insist on the dub
>turns from epic tragedy drama to shlocky b grade movie.

Fucking dubs man.

I got 5 for free when I bought by DVD player in 1998. They were all shit. The first I bought for myself was either Starship Troopers or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

It's quite good. Just watch it.

English dubs are always made fun of.