My father dragged me to this at our shitty rural theater today

My father dragged me to this at our shitty rural theater today.

I still have no idea what the story was supposed to be. What was I supposed to get out of this? I really want to like it because it won so many awards but I don't even understand what was going on.

How did the other kids know he was gay? Was he fucking the other guy? Why did the drug dealer guy disappear halfway through?

your dad is gay?

I don't understand how you could comprehend so little of this film.

He was picked on for not fitting the ideal image of masculinity and blackness in his neighbourhood, and this often translated into other kids perceiving him as gay. He never fucked the other guy, though he received a handjob from him on the beach. He never had any contact with another person since then. Juan, his mentor, died at some point after the second act I believe. It was only alluded to.

It was just an interesting story about a guy who didn't fit into his community. Maybe reflect on it and the themes and then consider what you took away from it and comparatively what you take away from capeshit "kino" or whatever other films you usually watch.

>How did the other kids know he was gay?
They didn't necessarily. Kids call the outcast quiet kids faggot all the time. Did you not go to school?
>Was fucking the other guy?
He explicitly States I'm act 3 that the beach handjob was his one and only sexual act in his life.
>Why did the drug dealer guy disappear halfway through?
He died.

How do you watch a movie and not notice thinks so obvious?

T-thanks, that actually explained it to me.

I find it hard to follow films and don't often watch them (facial recognition disability). This is probably the first non-anime film I've watched in a year, so thank you for the explanation.

still somewhat overrated.
just another opportunity for the academy to show how liberal and openminded they are.
yet sadly just a 6/10 movie.
colors were neat tho.

It was a nice film,some good shots and relatable characters.Felt surprisingly otimistic after seeing it.

Lmao is this bait?

No?

I had a question about a movie and posted it on the movie board... Sup Forums wouldn't like it.

Sup Forums doesn't deserve you bro

>I really want to like it because it won so many awards
Maybe you should reflect on why you want to like something that won a bunch of industry awards.

The award is virtue signalling, user, and you are falling for the meme.

You're welcome, user.

>The movie can't possibly be good by its own merits. It had to just be virtue signalling!

Blacked posting or go back 2 Reddit

This is a typical slice of life drama AKA nothing happens and no plot, so of course the critics are going full circlejerk over it.

You really suck at watching movies. You might be severely retarded for even asking these questions.

Is this the first non-superhero movie you've ever seen?

>facial recognition disability

when are you self proclaimed film experts gonna stop being butthurt over superhero movies?

>Kid gets bullied and finds a father figure
>Kid has first sexual encounter
>Kid gets in fight and goes to juvie
>Adult reconnects with his best friend

What is your definition of "nothing", praytell?

Think your dad might be trying to tell you something OP.

fer sure. OP's dad def thinks he's a fag.

Are you mentally disabled by any chance?

Oh, okay.

>animefag

That explains why your dad thinks you're gay.

are these the people you're discussing movies with?

Dont be black and bent

>facial recognition disability
how do you recognize your dad or mom?

I don't get why they killed off Juan so early and only imply later on that he was killed. It doesn't give any clarity to that.

The scene on the beach was incredibly fucking awkward. Not because of the Mexiblack combo but because it was two kids...

The mother was the only redeeming thing in this video. She nailed the performance of a junkie ghetto mother.

The ending is so anti-climatic. Moonlight turns out to be a soft spoken degenerate drug dealer and ends up hooking up with the Mexican guy who ends up being a short-order cook.

Great movie. 10/10, much awards.

Gee, I wonder why (((they))) like it so much. It has gay kids and an all black cast.

Make this exact movie but make the cast white. There would be outrage over children being depicted having sex on a beach and how racist the film is.

>There would be outrage over children being depicted having sex on a beach and how racist the film is.

No one had sex on a beach, a handjob isn't a big deal in this day and age. And if it were white on white bullying instead of black on black I don't think it would make it racist.

>There has never been a movie where highschool-aged white teens have sex

You're right, user. How controversial!

>retard
>weaboo

Pottery

>Mexican
I might fall for this bait if not for this. Nobody is THIS stupid.

Why would anyone defend a film about gay niggers

This movie is the definition of pretentious garbage

Wow, there are literal retards who post here, interesting.

Make Sup Forums great again

Now you need to watch the prequel, it will explain the backstory

>pretentious garbage
>a straightforward movie about a character who doesn't fit in the environment he was raised in

It's pretentious if you're 12 at most.

This was a good movie, better then Lamemeland but not better than manchester. It could have gone either way.

Still don't understand how one gay handjob would effect your entire life and not even touch another man or woman the whole time. He was a gay little kid so something was clearly off

You need to be 18 or older to post here.

Are you kidding me?

This movie is essentially every 4channer/Robot's life, except gay and black. This is what loneliness and isolation is about. This site is full of us who've been so fucked up. Chiron got lucky at least he got a handy.

i thought the movie was interesting cuz it was 100% black/spanish ppl, but wasn't really about race like literally any other movie w/ black ppl in it.

Im gay.

Just saying.

That user is obviously Ace?

Being gay and a thug aren't really compatible. He simply chose not to engage in any sex.

>Being gay and a thug aren't really compatible
Explain prison rape

Social dominance and lack of females.

If they get out on the street and still fuck guys by preference, they're gonna have a lot harder time maintaining respect.

>4channer
Go back

What the fuck is maintaining respect? How old are you seriously?

>he doesn't fuck guys up the arse in front of females to show who is the alpha male

>I really want to like it because it won so many awards

Kill yourself.

You're right, user. Gang culture has nothing to do with respect. Being a bitch and hated by your gang is a completely fine choice.

>Being gay and a thug aren't really compatible

Hoo boy

I honestly have just completely lost my ability to discern satire from sincerity with these sorts of posts.

I can only conclude that this is either an intelligent person pretending to be stupid, or a stupid person pretending to be intelligent.

What the fuck is this? A good post? Fuck outta my board

is anime LARPing a thing?

>My father dragged me to this

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA

Because he was clearly a robot. Being gay is just icing on the cake

god tier bait

>I don't get why they killed off Juan so early

Losing his "positive" father figure only makes it easier for him to fall into the thug lifestyle and drug peddling.

Faith in humanity restored

spbp
there's been a rash of effortposting recently, i rike it

>He never fucked the other guy, though he received a handjob from him on the beach
>not gay

He never said he wasn't gay

How did this nigger go from doing Marvel capeshit to winning an Oscar in the same fucking year?

I don't think his performance was oscar worthy

Most Actors do 1 big budget movie/show and 1 Oscar movie a year. More if you are a character actor.

>this is the user calling you a pleb on Sup Forums

He was really good even though he was only in it for 10 minutes. It's just supporting actor so isn't as big of a deal as lead actor.

It was pretty obvious seeing how the awards shows before this year were bitched at for not being black enough.

Believe it or not, it's possible for movies to win awards for being both good and for being diverse and dealing with social issues. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

It is possible.

but the shoe ins this year were obvious.

It's a feedback loop. Movies that engage controversial, challenging, or unique subject matter tend to require lots of research and a careful hand. By exploring this territory, the film charts new ground and reveals truth in things few are familiar with.

When well-directed, these movies leave quite a mark and are highly compelling candidates for awards. So they get them, and other writers and directors become encouraged to seek out things like that. So it just keeps reinforcing itself.

>How did the other kids know he was gay? Was he fucking the other guy? Why did the drug dealer guy disappear halfway through?
Stick to capeshit lad, you clearly need constant spoonfeeding

Movie discussion and intelligent posting on my Sup Forums? Start memeing or fuck off.

Seriously, save yourself from this shithole while you still can.

>user with inability to recognize faces
>anime is his one refuge because they all look the fucking same so there's no pressure to discern
actual poetry

Your dad's a gay cuck. My dad would smack me for even entertaining such rubbish

keep going, I'm almost there

He'd put me right over his knee. Take off his belt...

gay

>It was just an interesting story about a guy who didn't fit into his community.

he fit in quite nicely at the end though, becoming a hustler gangbanger

>How did the other kids know he was gay?
Children have highly advanced Gaydar to avoid being molested by faggots.

only gays have gaydars, are you a faggot user?

>Juan, his mentor, died at some point after the second act I believe. It was only alluded to.
>He died.
whaaaaaaa

Hmm maybe that's why my Gaydar doesn't work very well.

Fucking this. The hero Sup Forums deserves.

Yeah man you TOTALLY saw it.

LMAO Stop being a tough guy on the internet. You know you're a social neckbeard freak and you've already endlessly disappointed your father, so much so that he's probably already written you out of his will

It's good to know your father beats you.

are you the guy from the do the right thing thread, I thought I told you to leave this place, you're too good to be here

So you were molested by a faggot?