I started my first IV on myself guys. What do you think?

I started my first IV on myself guys. What do you think?

Attached: 7F82E11E-FC67-4161-9246-B2ED903E5A57.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

Y tho

What's the purpose of the IV? Or is it like a medical training thing

what this guy saidWHYYYYY?

I think it might be in vein. Cocaine may be.

Attached: 15748667502160.jpg (1000x1000, 533K)

doesnt work if it isnt hooked up to anything you absolute tard

in vein? like... intravenous? really? The blood looks too bright red for that to me.

I have those same Rubbermaid containers. I melted one of them on the stove one night, but it still holds a seal.

I’m in school and I went down to the ER and stole some IV equipment. I didn’t have anyone to practice on so I did it on myself

They leave it in so you don't have to redo the IV
>Quadtard

I got it. That’s just blood and the saline flush mixed im pretty sure

Yeah you going to die

How high are you planning to go, EMT? Doctor?

So far my plan is get my paramedic. Then work 911 for a few years and then go get my critical care. Once I’m a critical care medic I want to work as that and teach EMT classes. Idk the plan may change flight medic is an interest for me or maybe community paramedic maybe a thing in a few years or maybe I’ll say fuck it and go nursing

hes stealing medical supplies. he is going to be a janitor at a hospital

How else am I supposed to practice?

any drugs you on?

do they not let you practice in school? i learned how to do this in the military. it isnt difficult

Critical care medic here... why am I doubting your story

just fentanyl and a bit of special k I got from a vet

Not bad. If starting on yourself for fluids, just stick it in your hand or foot. It’s a little easier one handing your hand then your AC.

Cos you are a big dirty bum faggot

Attached: 7FD05198-3F97-4C9D-9EAF-49BE6C979A2D.jpg (500x276, 37K)

The school literally provides expired supplies to practice on the practice arms and dummies... and in date supplies to use during clinicals to practice on live patients...either this is day one for you or you’re talking out your ass

You fiend! What are you doing confining tiny seals in melted tupperware??? Set them free!

No just liquor and an occasional joint

We haven’t started our clinicals or ride time and in class we are only allowed two attempts a day. I just want to get good before clinicals start

Once they prove their intelligence, I'll gladly release them.

I got the supplies from an er and we are on week three

I had someone in the room to assist me. Like holding down the catheter so I didn’t bleed out and to hand me shit so that helped. And my ACs are big as fuck. My hand veins are shit

What do you doubt?

its because you are fat

B-but seals aren't known for their intelligence.

Pic related.

Attached: clubbingseals.jpg (625x651, 103K)

Yeah

so youre fat and you steal shit. cool. i guess i know pretty much all i need to about you.

If it’s for practice, just do it on your foot or ankle so you can practice proper form. Also, unless it’s a trauma or actual medical emergency, unlike bs abd pain, get used to putting them lower, hand, forearm. If the person needs a procedure/operation, gets admitted for a few days, IV goes bad/or needs to be replaced, they want to go up the arm. So save the AC if possible.

I think pic related and filename are related.

Attached: (You) need one.jpg (960x872, 143K)

We are taught at my program that we should never go in the foot. And on other people I go for the hand but since it was just on me I just went for something easy

Easy sepsis with that angle

Rite. I’m talking if you are practicing on yourself. Not on other people or running calls.

Just so you get the hang of pulling traction, occluding the vein, etc, in the same (basically) way you would on someone else when you do it in their arm, hand, etc.

Vs having someone else occluding the vein. Poking is only part of getting an iv

You're thinking of sea lions.

Easy sepsis anytime you make a hole in the skin. That’s why you use sterile technique. Even then...

Nicee! one Elon Musky..

Attached: 3561574960438350.jpg (1428x1121, 95K)

Clinicals you dumbfuck

Try doing it at night with only a blue light. That is how we train in the military.

Worst place to put an iv...When your pt bends their arm it will stop the iv enjoy running back over to restart that iv pump. Your chevrons are to go around the tubing to anchor it as well. Fire your teacher.