This was extremely pretentious and disappointing

This was extremely pretentious and disappointing.

That's what you get for watching a movie.

How was it pretentious?

Look its Nightcrawler 2

The only thing I didn't really "get" was the opening sequence.

This is is a film that only a capeshit watching, cartoon loving pleb would consider pretentious.

it pretended to have a plot

what does "pretentious" mean?

movie that wants to be regarded as more impressive than it really is. basically its the definition of noctural animals

>movie that wants to be regarded as more impressive than it really is
That makes no sense you fucking mongle head. How does a movie 'want' to be regarded as anything when it is down to the subjective opinion of the audience? The people who find this pretentious are the people who are mostly used to watching the show when I see your dad push your mother down the stairs while eating a meat sandwich that you made for him you fucking wiggly little worm. Come on then mate, I'll bloody paste you. I saw you fingering your ass in the mirror and then you sang a little Cher into your hairbrush you bald headed faggot. Keep all your hair in socks just like Mike Love you are not worth a dime you cat druggy. I know who you are and you are a jelly belly that is bullied by small people (manlets) you eat the grease from your mother's deep fat frier you monk. Fuck you I saw you steal all those fresh pennies from the church. Well guess what sonny Jim, Jesus is angry as hell and your body odour is so drastic that you are a spastic and you can't ride a bike so fuck off you little microdick men lover kiss my sweet little gorgeous ass you snowflake earthquake bimbo bitch. Little tubby monkey face hmmm no girlfriend? And you never will have with your bad teeth and halitosis. Do you even lift you hunchback little gas bag. I know you write emo songs in your diary every night and you are a dancing mockery of all men you beta shit. Die die die die because you are a drain on your family and it's easy to suicide so it's your time to LEAVE!

>this movie is made by a fashion designer
>this stupid cuck gets triggered and goes on a rant about how its not pretentious

congrats, you are the most autistic idiot on the site. take a bow.

I know you are

>oh look i will tell you a dull and stupid story in the form of a movie script
>soooo not pretentious

>i know you are but what am i
>proving his autism even more

what a child, kek.

This movie was awesome and I'm very impressed with Tom Ford. I'm excited to see what he'll do next. He was good in Disconnect too.

I'm rubber you're glue

You fat manlet go read a book. Oh wait YOU NOT READ!

Looked like transgression over substance to me desu

I'm just wondering how low your IQ must be to think entry level trash like Nocturnal Animals, which has no subtlety to speak of, is pretentious.

A Single Man was a very impressive film for Tom Ford, this felt like it was trying to be smarter than it was. It still looked amazing, every detail shone with lapidary taste, but it was not enough.

You're on Sup Forums average age 14. Average IQ 71

>pretentious

There's that word again!
Wanna sprinkle in a 'cringe' or 'tryhard' for good measure?

look at this 'muh dick' thread

forgot link

>im not 12, im 9

Nolan is more pretentious than half the movies that are called pretentious

Because he actually presupposes to be creating movies of depth and artistic importance and "the biggest since the silent era" and claiming influence of actual auteur directors' styles are clearly visible in his work when he's borderline television-tier

This thread has been moved to the respective sub/reddit/

When Nolan talked about how A Tale of Two Cities influenced Dark Knight Rises, I could never take anything he's ever done seriously ever again.

I'M GIVING YOU A NIGHT BOOK
TO TELL YOU HOW I FEEL
I WANT TO MAKE YOU FEEL BAD
FOR LEAVING ME

>modern art movie directed by a gay hollywood degenerate

this movie is the only thing it could be, an exercise in nihilism

>this is an "art movie" for brainlets

laughing my *ss off

redhead daughter was a QT tho

I agree. The red couch moment was terrible, a misfire.

>main character gets an abortion
>ex BF literally standing in the rain outside the clinic until she notices
>writes her a cryptic that ends with him killing her husband

too edgy for me to enjoy

this movie is not art, its modern art - meaning a hollow piece of nothing. the only kind of movie a degenerate gay could make.

he kills HER my man
she killed his prospect of having a family and just like kick-ass she said he was weak

>say movie was too edgy for me
>makes post repeating why the movie is literally Edge: Movie, The

I take it you're the kind of person that speaks just because they like hearing themselves talk

i explained something you got wrong, there's no need for these passive aggressive greentexts

>this movie is not art, its modern art - meaning a hollow piece of nothing

It's funny how the pretentious art films of old that had sex and/or nudity actually invoked conversation. now all we get is stoned art students playing with themselves in front of a live studio audience then proceeding to shove spaghettio's up their twat.

stop pretending you know anything about art.

delicious user

Yep, this exactly.

Reminder: Using the word "pretentious" unironically outs you as being intellectually insecure.

a movie that showed that Kick-Ass can actually act

I'll interrupt this thread with some actual criticism instead of the usual meaningless one word buzzwords and whatnot.
The film was filled with basic technical and general filmmaking flaws

>Amy and Jake are underutilised, Shannon and Johnson outshine them all (and it's certainly not because of Ford)
>Jake has an accent which he loses depending on the take (not the narrative)
>out of place bad editing between wide shots and close up's
>jarring color pallete difference between the two narratives that doesn't blend at all
>a lot of "I'm acting!" scenes and cheesy oneliners
>framing and composition of the landscapes felt like a film student trying to copy NCFOM landscapes
>all the night scenes have too bright obvious lighting like it's brightest moon in existence
>laughable phoneclip jump scare scene
>too on the nose symbolism with clues being literally spelled out in text form behind the characters

All these are meant between takes, not the two narratives. Except my color grading point, but I still stand by it.

The movie is filled with scenes where you "see" that it is an actor acting infront of a camera, just take a shot everytime Amy Adams character stops reading the book and looks at the ceiling all nervous and aggravated, you will be drunk halfway into the movie.

I don't think it's awful, but it's not something worth of praise either.
Quite apparent that Ford is first and foremost a fashion designer, not a film director.

Now feel free to continue shouting "pretentious" at one another.

But he's been doing a great job of acting straight for years.

>people who can't manage to capitalize or punctuate properly pretend that they have valid opinions on art

Non-whites and people under the age of 25 need to leave.

He honestly thinks his post was hilarious. kek

Here's a fucking comma you dirty little monkey mongle headed wiggly worm with a face that would make a handsome man burn ,

Is this post the definition of being triggered?

>he's still posting after being irrevocabley btfo

Lol

Who are you quoting you fucking manlet?

>irrevocabley
Not your site, Jamal.

idk I liked it
a solid 7/10

>man doesn't own a gun
>I'm supposed to care when he and his family are in danger