Is autism a Sup Forums approved disease?

Is autism a Sup Forums approved disease?

Redpill me on it. Is it really a fucked up mental thing or is it caused by vaccines?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yTU8WbTbZMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My brother has aspergers autism. It just makes him kinda off. He lives in his own version of the world and gets frustrated when that version doesn't line up with reality. The only thing that "caused" it was a line in his genetic code that didn't line up quite right. With a lot of speech classes and patient parenting he turned out okay-ish. He is very religious and authoritarian tho.

Autism can be detected in infants 6 months old by their lack of babbling. It's a retardation of their social intelligence and is usually co-morbid with mental retardation.

It's not mental, it's neurological. Excessive neurons in the prefrontal cortex, that were not destroyed by apoptosis, prevents the brain from efficiently performing.

It's genetic

Terrible

It fucks up your social skills and correlates with retardation to boot

Like being an alien or something

>He is very religious and authoritarian tho.

So autism makes people Sup Forums regulars?

Autism is still considered a disorder, not a disease (a disease has clearly defined causes). Further, it is recognized as a developmental disorder. It is most likely caused by the incorrect development of neurons, but the underlying causes are still unknown. If and when specific causes are identified, it will become a disease (or more likely, a number of different diseases). Current research indicates that there is little or not relationship between vaccines and autism disorder.

The number of identified cases in the US has grown at a substantial rate over the last several years. It is not yet clear if this is due to an actual increase in the number of cases, or simply greater awareness of the autism leading to a great rate of diagnosis.

Autism is just people being uncomfortable communicating because they aren't tuned to social norms. Completely in people's heads.

>It's not in your mind, it's in your brain

were where all these fucked up genetics before. Autism pretty much sky rocketed out of no where

Many such cases!

does anyone have the full tweet? i want to greentext it

>have brother with autism
>he's more socially adept than I am
At least I'm attractive enough it doesn't matter than I'm socially retarded.

>Mexican intellectuals

It is still being researched whether there has been a real increase in the number of cases, or simply more diagnosis's due to greater awareness and lessen societal pressure to conceal what are perceived as mental issues.

Until the last few decades, mental issues would often be simply ignored, or glossed over (he's just slow).

Autism is a genuine mental disorder that gives sufferers a distorted worldview and a cold heart beyond their control to manage.

Being a socially maladjusted internet addict and/or having shitty parents is not autism.

The rate is definitely the same as always.

It's only recently that anyone even bothered to put effort into understanding it. Now we have statistics.

I mean, apparently 99% of children have ADHD.

It's not really surprising that they're getting diagnosed with autism more and more too.

>or simply more diagnosis's due to greater awareness and lessen societal pressure to conceal what are perceived as mental issues.

This is bull desu I worked with a few former teachers (old teachers) that began teaching around the late 70s and been told by them they never noticed kids with abnormalities till like the the early 90s.

lmao

youtu.be/yTU8WbTbZMI

What did he mean by this?

This one is better

There is a huge cover up of vaccines causing autism. There is a documentary out called Vaxxed that the pharmaceutical companies have been working hard to censor at any cost.

Not so sure about this, user. A lot of the time, they just sent autistic people to other schools or classified them as retarded.

My dad told me some tales of when he was in elementary school in the 60s: There was a kid in one of his classes that would rage out for no reason. The teacher would just have him move into the closet every time he had tard rage. Then, after he was done sperging out, they would move him back into the classroom. Pretty sure that person would be classified as an autist today.