Holodeck copyright rules?

What are the actual legal rules regarding holodecks? Can you legally replicate anyone? If you replicate real people for sex, is that considered a breach of personal space? A violation? Illegal? Copyright problem? It feels like the equivolent of taking naked pictures of someone and fapping to it. Which, in case you are an autist, is wrong without consent.

I have watched virtually everything Star Trek and this always seemed vague at best.

what if you replicate a child and fuck it?

it's the 31st century, we have evolved past the primitive pedophobic society

There's an episode of DS9 where Quark wants to steal Kira's appearance for a custom holosuite program
I don't remember it being said that it's explicitly illegal, but she certainly isn't on board and Quark has to use shady methods to accomplish it

But then again, Broccoli has that faggy fantasy thing with Troi, and he didn't get discharged or anything

bajor is such a shithole ds9 is probably the only holodeck they have so there is no laws.

In the TNG episode 'Hollow Pursuits' Riker is enraged by the creation of himself, a pretty sexy Troy and others by Barclay and mentions that it is not according to protocol to simulate crew members. Troy corrects him that there is no such protocol and Riker replies that there should be one.

>It feels like the equivolent of taking naked pictures of someone and fapping to it. Which, in case you are an autist, is wrong without consent.
No moralfag, it is neither wrong nor illegal

Well, that's it, better prune the thread.

But what about earth?

Yes, it is both of those things. Are you retarded? You legally can't steal, or take naked pictures of people without their consent. What shithole do you live in where that is allowed?

>t. rapist and serial peeping tom

>moralfag outrage
I live in the Land of the Free, Yuropeons

thinking about giving DS9 a poke but I can't get a read on whether or not it's worth it

I'm American too, shitheel. Are you just being obtuse on laws here? Again yes, in the United States you cannot take naked pictures of someone without consent. You are being far too retarded for this to be anything but bait. It is also, obviously, illegal to steal intellectual property from a person...this includes photos.

>take naked pictures of people without their consent
The holodeck can't do that. It's all approximations. You're the retarded one.

>starships have comprehensive databases of every crewman, from physical appearances to personality traits
You can go in and recreate a 16th century figure for fucks sake. Why are you being dumb? You even watch the show?

Summer early this year, huh? I noticed a real quality drop in responses these last 2 weeks.

It's not the same. Doesn't matter if it's 99% accurate. You are not taking pics without their consent.

It's not against the rurus. You can simulate anyone and have sex with them, even murder them if you want.

Where is the consent if I recreate a crewmember without their knowledge and fuck it? I am recreating their image and likeness with the holodeck, without them knowing.

This is literally the debate I'm trying to have in this thread, which has to do with an analogy on something familiar like consent laws regarding photographing people. Fucking Christ you faggots are dumb today.

The question is if it requires consent or not.

>You are not taking pics without their consent.
But, why?

You going to actually contribute? Because there were other questions, faggot. Not just that one.

I can tell you it's slow as shit the first couple of seasons. I couldn't ever get into it. Everybody says it picks up right about the point I dropped it (S3) though.

Also, I get unreasonably angry about Space Jews (Ferengi) too, and there's a bunch of them in DS9.

>I get unreasonably angry about Space Jews
Sounds like you have your own problems

It's frowned upon, but not illegal.

Sort of like people finding out you jerk it to anime or feet.

>freely available technology that allows you to replicate anything
>copyright laws

Pick one. Note the discernible lack of lawyers, and demand for their services in Star Trek.

They deal with inter-species laws all the time, Federation is built on an asston of laws. Captains and Admirals just seem like facilitators for laws.

I just find Ferengi extremely annoying in speech and behaviors and from a more critical POV not very deep or interesting as individual characters.

When they get multiple scenes per episode or whole episodes unto themselves, it's hard to watch.

And if you don't think they're patterned after Jewish stereotypes, you're blind.

>on something familiar like consent laws regarding photographing people
But it's not the same, that's what you're not getting. The holodeck isn't accessing some secret information about their bodies. It's just creating something akin to a really really accurate drawing. How could that ever be illegal?

I feel the same way but I love the main Ferengi in DS9.

>And if you don't think they're patterned after Jewish stereotypes, you're blind.
Or maybe you are a paranoid anti-semite who sees Jews everywhere?

Who the hell cares about the actual nudes anyway. Give Crusher a D cup and four inch saucers and call it an improvement.

Because the question is how far can you copy someone's likeness with a technology for personal use? What line do they draw?

>Jews are literally a money grubbing, slimy cartoon in my headcanon so obviously, they represent Jews
>if it's real to me, it's real to everyone
Right, kiddo.

I said Jewish stereotypes, not actual Jews you easily triggered faglords.

I feel like the star trek universe is too innocent for rules about that. In the real world there would probably company policies against asking to create models of colleagues or severely limit the range of simulations that can be made. For example only the doctor could make nude simulations or something like that.

please get laid.

What if I made a realistic looking photoshop of you in the nude? It would be a 99% accurate approximation, but merely that.

I imagine it's kind of like that. Of course your personality is approximated in the holodeck too, that's crossing a really tricky gray area.

This would work about as well as companies would never put naked people on the Internet, or never sell DVDs of naked people, or sell video tapes of naked people or print magazines of naked people.

I think it would have to be pedophilophopic otherwise the implication is that we were just afraid of children.

>Computer, create an identical replication of the Enterprise and its entire crew at this moment
>now remove all male members and increase the size of the simulation by a factor of 100
>now send a message to chief O'brien notifying him that the simulation is prepared, and await orders to teleport all male members into the simulation at the approximate location they were previously in
>lastly, i'm uploading this software update that should change the parameters of all interface commands, but before i do that... please disengage all safety protocols

>you can't have sex and like Star Trek
What year and Lifetime movie is this?

>now remove all male members
So...a simulation where all the men find themselves with a penis 1/100th its normal size?

Well then the company has made some kind of trust breach. Or it's simply not illegal at all as in it's only a moral rule within a company.

Nice save.

As soon as holodecks come out, 3rd party stories will be part of it.

thanks user, maybe I'll just jump into season 3

At least watch the last episode of s2. It leads into the next season, and it's very good

that's where I'll start then